Adding on the US

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
God I love this server :) "If its red... its dead"

throughout all the BG's people have jumped on my target and I've jumped on others, only ever had one person try to bitch at me - everyone else has just politely said "thanks"

Cant really comment on final RvR yet still too early but in the LAB and around the bridges the same rule has so far applied.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
so the zerging noob found his zerging noob server, grats

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
so the zerging noob found his zerging noob server, grats

Yeah im happy i can finally enjoy the game for what it is - nothing wrong with that.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Alan said:
Yeah im happy i can finally enjoy the game for what it is - nothing wrong with that.

Must suck though to be unable to enjoy the game if it isnt through adding?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Uhm, both of you can shut the fuck up. No offense. (Not you Alan *fluffles*)

There is fun in zerging and in 8v8, grow up.

Enjoy the game how you want to, I've had kick ass zerg experiences (Thid/Keep Takes) and proper GvG 8v8.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting that its only on the euro servers, in fact only on the english euro servers where people bitch and whine for others attacking a target in a massive multiplayer online game.

People (ie me) do not just sit there and wait for a zerg and follow them everywhere, but if im out doing a quest and there is an enemy there gona get hit, thats the concept of the game - its such a relief to get away from this pompous stuffy attitude that was present on prydwen.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Hense why I don't play anymore, Alan. Can't deal with attitudes. Pay for the game, do what you want.

It's like AC Raid whine... It's stupid... If you pay for my account, I follow your rules.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Alan said:
Interesting that its only on the euro servers, in fact only on the english euro servers where people bitch and whine for others attacking a target in a massive multiplayer online game.

funneh thread :)

how many Euro servers did you play on to be able to make this claim? Just curious it smells of flame bait to meh.

Still its about time someone led a counter argument even if it looks like your in fact mirroring the same mistakes the non-adding crew fell into. Almost reads like a kind of 'zerg leetism' claiming that it is all SoTG and stuff like that. Still it makes for good coffee break reading. :D

If you want my counter point it is this: what the game means to people is abitrary and people will make what they want of it. Not even Mythic or GOA can prescribe that and they know it.

However the way people behave towards each other when they differ in their views is infinitely more important than the actual views themselves.

On the last point I suspect you and I would agree anyway. ;)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
funneh thread :)

how many Euro servers did you play on to be able to make this claim? Just curious it smells of flame bait to meh.

From my experance its happens on both UK Servers, Carnt comment on the smelly french servers :) but from the look on glastanbury if they arint running in 100+ grps on stick they aint happy xD

US servers are funny to play on, and to be totaly honest any good EU PVP grp would prolly kill 2 or 3 grps of on stick becuse they suck that much. but saying that Yanks dont have the OMG I must have the best template or im going to suck attatude, they are more likey to keep coming back untill you are dead even if it takes 100+ trys :)

redstar_barum

Fledgling Freddie
On bossiney the only place we respect 8v8 is on agro island because if you don't the 8v8 crowd will IRC your location and hound you off the island. Not that happy about that but there is no way round it.

Anywhere else the rule is "red is dead" :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
redstar_barum said:
On bossiney the only place we respect 8v8 is on agro island because if you don't the 8v8 crowd will IRC your location and hound you off the island. Not that happy about that but there is no way round it.

Anywhere else the rule is "red is dead" :)

Suits me just fine :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Alan said:
Suits me just fine :)
SOOOOOOO unlike cluster then:p cause all the fg rvr players just abused u and haunted u when u rvr destroying ur game play, if its red its dead. right?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Valgyr said:
SOOOOOOO unlike cluster then:p cause all the fg rvr players just abused u and haunted u when u rvr destroying ur game play, if its red its dead. right?

lol sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say there.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I'm happy for you, hopefully as an 8v8er (would have thought 16 players = multiple :p ) Avalon will have the type of action I personally am looking for.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
swords said:
I'm happy for you, hopefully as an 8v8er (would have thought 16 players = multiple :p ) Avalon will have the type of action I personally am looking for.

here here

also 8v8 dosnt rape soloers :< that may not want to be involved, it jsut engulfs everyone in a pointless bashing.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
So many people missing the point here it's untrue. Guess that's what happens when you live in such a police state for so long tho.

It's not about if 1v1 fights should be respected or not. It's about the fact that someone having played the game for 2 weeks isn't likely to be given 8 pages of insulting crap for trying to hit a member of another realm.
On the EU servers it doesn't matter if the player adding is a four year veteran RR11 char or a 2 week old level 45 char in rogs. The abuse and distane given for simply playing the game in most cases is immense. If you want to "respect" your fellow players, you don't do that by not adding on their fights, you do it by accepting both playstyles as equally valid and not swearing at each other like 3 year olds.

Then everyone wonders why the numbers on the english cluster are so low. Hmm weird!

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Alan added on my BG the other day :( I ported to Thid and was like yeah man loads of noobs to kill only to find Alan had already killed them I was like "FFS Alan Adding bastard!1"
You have to Remember guys your forgetting the most important thing about DAoC Euro realm points = respect IRL. If you add your taking away someone RP/per hour. :D

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:

You prolly know this already (actually i forget its you im talking to Daemyr so ofc you wont know this!) but on Avalon theres an irc channel which says which zone the 8v8ers are fighting in. I'll msn it to you cause i cant remember the address off the top of my head.

Same as clusters agramon channel really except the zone moves from time to time, it isnt always in agramon.

Zergers have something similar i believe and they move in 16+ sized groups in their zone of choice. (Its a good place to start off, take 2 or 3 groups from your alliance there at RR1-2 for a huge giggle in between hitting the 8v8 zone)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Now your talking ! I really hope the server delivers this because the more varied the action the better for everyone. Its about choices and being able to do what you like at any point in time.

Sounds like the Germans do things differently though. From what your saying Calmin they just created seperate channels for each type of play rather than trying to get everyone to agree. So rather then trying to get overall agreement they kind of just play how they like and put structures in place to enable it to happen? Is that right?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
It's not about if 1v1 fights should be respected or not. It's about the fact that someone having played the game for 2 weeks isn't likely to be given 8 pages of insulting crap for trying to hit a member of another realm.
On the EU servers it doesn't matter if the player adding is a four year veteran RR11 char or a 2 week old level 45 char in rogs. The abuse and distane given for simply playing the game in most cases is immense.

So damn true.

I remember the time on excal/pryd where our guild group saw a tower on fire so went to check it out, only to have pages of "This is our tower, dont add" from another group there - i mean come on.... ffs... thats just plain wrong.

The attitude on us/classic is one I can more than happily deal with, FFA in the main frontier zones, 8v8 on agramon.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Alan said:
So damn true.

I remember the time on excal/pryd where our guild group saw a tower on fire so went to check it out, only to have pages of "This is our tower, dont add" from another group there - i mean come on.... ffs... thats just plain wrong.

The attitude on us/classic is one I can more than happily deal with, FFA in the main frontier zones, 8v8 on agramon.

:eek7:

fook you seriously had someone say that?

I can say fairly categorically that I never had anyone complain to me ever on the Pryd/excal cluster about going to a tower or any kind of siege. I did get one or two whines about 'adding' on 1 vs 1's in the middle of a bridge zerg but I just laughed. No wonder you are where you are.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith

We had only been running a week or two when i had to move house and lost my connection but in that time we tried both the "zerg zone" and the "8vs8" zone on avalon.

8vs8 was very high standard, high RR groups with the occassional lower RR ex cluster group usually in agramon (but once or twice it moved to mainland hib or alb which made for nice variety)...just have someone in the avalon 8vs8 irc channel...when the zergers one time came to agramon they just switched zone quickly and the 8man groups moved away from the zerg and continued fighting.

The zerg zone is utter madness...theres set zerg groups usually 16 man strong that run on stick and fight a lot like you do in an 8v8 zone except theres no rules on adding...you'll also come across the general zergers here which is just about everyone else not in the set zerg groups....the odd 8 man will be about too.

We tended to group with Coo Coo and run 2FGs on stick here for some crazy fights when we were not in 8man zone.

Ive got a screenie from a few weeks ago of us and Coo Coo trapped between about 75 albs and 100ish mids who were going at it head to head.....its a fun way to get the earlier RRs to make the 8v8 zone more manageable....

What im hoping is by the time you guys are running more cluster groups are in the 8v8 zone...cause when we ran a few weeks ago it was all RR10+ german groups and Staj / VFs group + Maelstrom...so we didnt always do so well...

No doubt ive been away a couple weeks so everythings changed by now but thats how it was a little while ago! :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
:eek7:

fook you seriously had someone say that?

I can say fairly categorically that I never had anyone complain to me ever on the Pryd/excal cluster about going to a tower or any kind of siege. I did get one or two whines about 'adding' on 1 vs 1's in the middle of a bridge zerg but I just laughed. No wonder you are where you are.

It happens, once attacked a keep in flames and got told to FO by the guild who began the siege.

US is so much more laid back, first few BG´s i got a little narked at players adding on everything until i realised no-one cared, so I just sucked it up for a few hours and got used to playing for the sake of it.....and it´s FUN!!

It´s just so much more fun that the euro cluster, no-one yells at you, no-one threatens you, no-one tries to jam their made-up rules down your throat. BLISS!!!!

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Not much whine on Avalon so far either.....except a scout i killed with my druid who logged onto a hib toon to accuse me of strafing (I did strafe like a mofo tbh but im a druid ffs!)

Was worth the whine to be called a Tommy by a Kraut tbh....was just like being back in the 1940s....not that i was alive then ofc!

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
So far from my experience, US people are just alot more polite in general. People don't swear or insult your mother for killing an "enemy of the realm".

8v8, 1v1 and Zerging all seem to live quite happily together, on the US classic cluster at least.

And I have to say its alot of fun.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I've never had a problem with adding or zerging anyone who does should FO to Counterstrike, bye bye you won't be missed to be honest.

I play how I want to, I add, I zerg, I have fun.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
back when i used to play US properly before Glastonbury came out, when Gareth wasn't clustered, people just never ever added.

I never saw anyone bitch and whine or anything, it just never happened. Think i saw 1 time where a guy in my group added and the whole group told him off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom