Actually thought of renewing..

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
But then I realized I had to activate 2 accs to RvR.. So hows the game coming. Midgard able to defend its own backyard these days? We sure couldnt the first months of NF. Currently im playing a 43 druid in WoW. Its really a great game havent really got the feel for the PvP yet since you can quest in same areas as the horde.. In daoc it was so frigging good that when you were going out to emain you knew others where there to to engage in PvP.. Its not so fun to jump someone who is questing.. Well hope all is well go MIDGARD!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
OMG 2 accounts to have fun such a big deal to ask for buffs from someone else ?

Or run... GASP... a group-char ?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
OMG 2 accounts to have fun such a big deal to ask for buffs from someone else ?

sure, why buy sugar if you can get it for free from your neighbour :rolleyes:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I think he's right .. sad that you have to have buffbot to be able to compete in rvr.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:
sure, why buy sugar if you can get it for free from your neighbour :rolleyes:

Abit skewed comparision tho. The dude you ask buffs from in DAOC would pay the buffbot anyhow with or without you asking. And the buffbot can buff 2+ people at same time; without loosing anything for the owner.

You need a buffbot in RvR to be competative IF you solo. Stealthers and such. As non-stealther who runs in a group you dont really need a buffbot tho.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Abit skewed comparision tho. The dude you ask buffs from in DAOC would pay the buffbot anyhow with or without you asking. And the buffbot can buff 2+ people at same time; without loosing anything for the owner.

ok ok...

why buy a TV when you can watch it at your neighbour? :rolleyes:

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe. Puppet speaks sense - not. Why play a sodding game when you have to pay for 2 accounts? Yeah right. I can't play one since the last patch cos offa 403 error. Whoever is behind Mythic are totally off their rocker (s).

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Daft though. Been watching sum RVR films lately. Good laugh at Aoln's last one. But I reckon that if all the buffs were removed the enjoyment by everyone in RVR would be at least doubled. Aoln's alts are all on max I suppose. Casters chucking out spells at 1.5 sec intervals etc. Fights over in a blink offan eye. No-one hadda chance if he started casting and they were some distance from him. Bang bang bang = dead. Boring for Aoln and for everyone else. Remove buffbots and a great deal of enjoyment is re-installed into the game.

By the way I know you have moderators here etc that are linked to Mythic? - are they? Where do people from Mythic go to read about game play? They sure don't take much notice of me that is for sure :) .

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
why pay for cars when you can steal your neighbours
Yeah, why have your own girlfriend when you can borrow someone elses.

Rocks! xD

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:
Daft though. Been watching sum RVR films lately. Good laugh at Aoln's last one. But I reckon that if all the buffs were removed the enjoyment by everyone in RVR would be at least doubled. Aoln's alts are all on max I suppose. Casters chucking out spells at 1.5 sec intervals etc. Fights over in a blink offan eye. No-one hadda chance if he started casting and they were some distance from him. Bang bang bang = dead. Boring for Aoln and for everyone else. Remove buffbots and a great deal of enjoyment is re-installed into the game.

By the way I know you have moderators here etc that are linked to Mythic? - are they? Where do people from Mythic go to read about game play? They sure don't take much notice of me that is for sure :) .

Only difference would be all the soloers (stealthers, solo caster/tanks etc) would be gimped, those playing in groups would still have buffs. Midgard would struggle abit with 1 shaman, and Hibs would be best off with base dedicated chars and 2 people that can spec high nurture.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Play a Vampiir. Doesn't need buffs, cant be buffed either. (Except haste, base af and dmg add afaik)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

You need a buffbot in RvR to be competative IF you solo. Stealthers and such. As non-stealther who runs in a group you dont really need a buffbot tho.
Going out half buffed as a group isn't all that tempting tho.
MKJ said:
Hehe. Puppet speaks sense - not. Why play a sodding game when you have to pay for 2 accounts? Yeah right. I can't play one since the last patch cos offa 403 error. Whoever is behind Mythic are totally off their rocker (s).
Think it's an implented error to keep retards like you from logging on x<
MKJ said:
I do enjoy the game better buffed tbh. Enjoy doing silly dmg rather than hitting for fuck all unbuffed :p
atos said:
Yeah, why have your own girlfriend when you can borrow someone elses.

Rocks! xD
Best comparison by far!

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Defence etc...

Yep I was there during the 2 first weeks of NF...and even though alot of rps was dealt out it was a pain. But now mid is back. :) (We can handle our own against both alb/mids when comming in single attack. (ofc not against both). Hibs are atm controlling the basic rvr though since they have the heavy dudy defence that both mid/alb lack. But its a more even server now. And its actually fun to defend/attack. And about 2 accounts...even though most gloomy guys here say its hard to get buffs from bbs. Id say its an easy task...just join the defence/attack bg and ask for them and you get some speccs etc within minutes...!:) Normally!:) Atleast I do!:)

/charmangle

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
Yep I was there during the 2 first weeks of NF...and even though alot of rps was dealt out it was a pain. But now mid is back. :) (We can handle our own against both alb/mids when comming in single attack. (ofc not against both). Hibs are atm controlling the basic rvr though since they have the heavy dudy defence that both mid/alb lack. But its a more even server now. And its actually fun to defend/attack. And about 2 accounts...even though most gloomy guys here say its hard to get buffs from bbs. Id say its an easy task...just join the defence/attack bg and ask for them and you get some speccs etc within minutes...!:) Normally!:) Atleast I do!:)

/charmangle

and then u lose them in the middle of some fight when mid zerg gets steamrolled by rr11 hib group xD

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Play a Vampiir. Doesn't need buffs, cant be buffed either. (Except haste, base af and dmg add afaik)
There is not much vampiirs and friars in mid.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Going out half buffed as a group isn't all that tempting tho.

Well only need 1 buffbot for a full group (with 2 clerics/druids) so then u need 1 buffbot on 8 persons. Hardly something odds which requires YOU to have the bot; which is what I was referring to.

Quite often it happens we have 1 buffbot for 1FG; its abit easier in Hibernia (because warden and bard can do baseline) but its possible with 1 BB and 2 rejuv/enh clerics to buff a full group with appropiate specs (lower spec-AF but who cares really).

Belomar

Part of the furniture
It's certainly possible, but the min-max:ing has now gone so far that some people really don't want to be buffed by people in group since the buffer might die (shock - horror!) and thuse drop all buffs they have on other people in the group. Instead, they prefer buffbot buffs all the way, with in-group buffs as emergency field buffs. ;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Puppet said:
Well only need 1 buffbot for a full group (with 2 clerics/druids) so then u need 1 buffbot on 8 persons. Hardly something odds which requires YOU to have the bot; which is what I was referring to.

Quite often it happens we have 1 buffbot for 1FG; its abit easier in Hibernia (because warden and bard can do baseline) but its possible with 1 BB and 2 rejuv/enh clerics to buff a full group with appropiate specs (lower spec-AF but who cares really).

Doh i ended up more times than not with 2-3 bbs per group tbh, hardly a problem with fixed ppl, more with random groups.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
It's certainly possible, but the min-max:ing has now gone so far that some people really don't want to be buffed by people in group since the buffer might die (shock - horror!) and thuse drop all buffs they have on other people in the group. Instead, they prefer buffbot buffs all the way, with in-group buffs as emergency field buffs. ;)

True; but if you so frigging hardcore min-maxer you probably got your own buffbot-account too; which solves the entire discussion immediatly oO

Personally never bothered with buffs thát much; I often run with my own buffs (which are yellow str/con and blue dex/qui :D) which atleast cant be sheared and you cant loose em on LD / dead :)

I have a buffbot on my ranger and the bot is buffing someone else almost 90% of the time; sometimes even 3 people totally (2 'tanks' and a caster).

Only time I leeched buffs was on my Vamp, I leech base-AF and haste from Luon at times :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Oh the joys of playing a cave shaman as a main..

Would be funny seeing a "FOTM Friar" and "FOTM Shaman" group running tbh oO

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

Get's harder with all them caster groups if everyone wants spec str/dex/acuity and af tho, but easily doable if you just buff the 'important' stats on a class with a bot.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
True; but if you so frigging hardcore min-maxer you probably got your own buffbot-account too; which solves the entire discussion immediatly oO

Personally never bothered with buffs thát much; I often run with my own buffs (which are yellow str/con and blue dex/qui :D) which atleast cant be sheared and you cant loose em on LD / dead :)

I have a buffbot on my ranger and the bot is buffing someone else almost 90% of the time; sometimes even 3 people totally (2 'tanks' and a caster).

Only time I leeched buffs was on my Vamp, I leech base-AF and haste from Luon at times :p

personally, i am not too keen on spending ages in toa for some good overcaps just to see it eaten by lower than cap buffs, but i agree that its not too much of a problem, and at least if i have bot loaded, all it takes is to ask if i have conc, pretty sure most feel like that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom