Actual Release Date of TOA ?[Kemor]

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
sales laws only allow you to release new games on Fridays in UK whereas it's on wednesday in the rest of the EU.

25 feb = wednesday
27 feb = friday

EDIT : I've just checked the offical GOA web site for TOA and they have put links for people from Scandinavia but it seems they deliver everywhere in the EU. Try buying TOA on this website to get it on 25 feb.

Runoff

Fledgling Freddie
Fact Is no sales law its General practice to release games on fridays. They not held by any law to do this.

SI release Wannadoo Contacted the outlets and told them to release on Wed which eventually they accepted after alot of angry punters got on the ball. Apart from that Pre-Order via post ordering Release 27th is false

Just they need informed again this Release.

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
sales laws only allow you to release new games on Fridays in UK whereas it's on wednesday in the rest of the EU.

25 feb = wednesday
27 feb = friday

No - there is no such thing as a 'Sales Law' for the UK. The reason is because almost all of the software distributors in the UK release games on a Friday. It isn't illegal to put it on the shelf earlier. The reason games have a release date at all is simply to give everyone a fair crack of the whip when it comes to the actual sales (ie the BIG retailers sell at the exact same time as the SMALL retailers).

Sometimes companies do jump the gun but they are not prosecuted, instead the major distributors of software to UK retailers try to impose their own penalties (not sending anymore stock, limiting stock of major titles etc).

Runoff

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh thanks havent played or read webbie in about 6months. Nice of them to hide that info away back of beyond on their website. People broken off from Daoc and comming back could easily miss that.
Still sucks nevertheless.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Runoff said:
Ahh thanks havent played or read webbie in about 6months. Nice of them to hide that info away back of beyond on their website. People broken off from Daoc and comming back could easily miss that.
Still sucks nevertheless.

hmm you haven't read the official page for 6 months and then complain when they don't show 2 week old news items on the frontpage? Try using the big "News" button next time, it's what it's there for and they do keep a pretty big backlog of all the news items (goes back to pre-1.49 patch if you click News->General->Archives older than 90 days).

Runoff

Fledgling Freddie
What they do show on top of main page was a little logo saying Toa begins 25th therefore the Advertising for the product is there on the front page staring me in the face. Why would I think anything different or read old news?

Lo ssera btw \o/

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Tell them it's a MMO expansion, and you might be able to get it as soon as they have it.

Otherwise, ordering online usually gets around the issue.

Runoff

Fledgling Freddie
Ordered my copys anyway. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Runoff said:
:confused:
Phoned Game(not that id buy of them ever again money grabbin **** give nothin back to community )they say positive Wanadoo said it gota go out on 27th.

Can UK Outlets please be informed of actual release date please.

Thnx
Just a query, how are Game money grabbing **** - as opposed to the rest of the big retailers?

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Hey runoff m8, very long time no see :) You back for a while now or just going to see how ToA works out?

Runoff

Fledgling Freddie
Just a query, how are Game money grabbing **** - as opposed to the rest of the big retailers?
Well Wouldnt if be great if we had servers to play on with all those sheckles they make from people buying games? ;) Rip Barry/Game

http://shop.game.net
http://shop.game.net/closure.htm

Therefore i refuse to buy game there ever again they stuck 2 fingers up gamers wether servers made money or not isnt really the point. Their shops make a mint and coulda sub even a loss making Gaming community.

Hey Freddy ever think of selling games ? Profits could goto some gameservers :worthy:

Ssera
Ill be back semi full time :) Really looking forward to it all again. Twaz just one of those things needed a break spending all my spare time ingame was bit daft but alot of fun. Hopefully bit more casual now but reliable if ya get my drift. I will continue on with Zerker respecing Ras and usual stuff bit get on the learning treadmill once again. Ive lots to catch up on havent even seen Foundations.
Will be seeing yas all shortly.
In Mid/excal to begin with then maybe Alb/Pryd Ive 50 necro and 42 Mincer there Guildless so well talk later.
Ps.
Glad date things sorted. See ya soon

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
dimensionplus.nl listed the release date even earlier when I was in their shop two weeks ago. According to the guy behind the counter, my ToA copies would arrive on 17th Februari. (I doubt it, but that's what his supplier told him.)

;)

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
Runoff said:
Well Wouldnt if be great if we had servers to play on with all those sheckles they make from people buying games? ;) Rip Barry/Game

http://shop.game.net
http://shop.game.net/closure.htm

Therefore i refuse to buy game there ever again they stuck 2 fingers up gamers wether servers made money or not isnt really the point. Their shops make a mint and coulda sub even a loss making Gaming community.

Hey Freddy ever think of selling games ? Profits could goto some gameservers :worthy:

Ssera
Ill be back semi full time :) Really looking forward to it all again. Twaz just one of those things needed a break spending all my spare time ingame was bit daft but alot of fun. Hopefully bit more casual now but reliable if ya get my drift. I will continue on with Zerker respecing Ras and usual stuff bit get on the learning treadmill once again. Ive lots to catch up on havent even seen Foundations.
Will be seeing yas all shortly.
In Mid/excal to begin with then maybe Alb/Pryd Ive 50 necro and 42 Mincer there Guildless so well talk later.
Ps.
Glad date things sorted. See ya soon

HAHAHAHA

Yep they stuck 2 fingers up indeed.

http://www.gamegroup.plc.uk/gg/investors/reports/

2003 Turnover - £560 million approx
Gross Profit - £157 million
Actual profit - £12.7 million

Bearing in mind that the majority of sales by Game are from console titles, do you think it's a good idea to subsidise a loss making operation, catering for the minority of your customers, just so you can look good?

Wake up and smell the roses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom