Activision Blizzard buys its freeddom from Vivendi

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"Activision Blizzard is set to split from parent company Vivendi after a deal has been made to buy back the company for just over $8 billion. Led by CEO Bobby Kotick and Chairman Brian Kelly, the split will see 439 shares (worth $5.83 billion) bought by Activision Blizzard itself, while an investment group led by Kotick and Kelly will purchase 172 million shares (worth $2.32 billion). Vivendi will still retain 83 million shares, or about 12 percent of the company.

This puts Activision Blizzard in the "independent" category, which is an interesting label for one of the largest game publishers of our day.

"We should emerge even stronger -- an independent company with a best-in-class franchise portfolio and the focus and flexibility to drive long-term shareholder value and expand our leadership position as one of the world's most important entertainment companies." Kotick said. "The transactions announced today will allow us to take advantage of attractive financing markets while still retaining more than $3 billion cash on hand to preserve financial stability."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...goes-indie-after-ceo-kotick-buys-back-the-co/

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
so its all about the money, still, for Kotick, surprised much

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
agressive buyout incomming from xxx publisher....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well they are already whoring out so i can't see why not...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Moving into cash shop market by the looks of it, they're currently trialing an ingame cash shop on the PTR atm (only sells 100% xp potions atm which will no doubt be very popular in the next expansion - potentially 7.7 million customers buying 100% xp potions to get to 95 fast... that is some insane revenue right there.)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Don't like it, don't buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom