active POTBS players..

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
so whose got it, and playing atm ?

what servers, guilds, etc , are people in ? :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
have they announced a date for closing the game yet?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Started up on Bellamy which after pre boarding we found was Spanish Server but that not gonna bother us.

Pirates on Bellamy Society Griefplay.

Mabs

i noticed Band of Brothers have migrated from EVE aswell
lucky us :puke:

Mabs

its the only English European server, its getting zulud :(

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe only english server but good thing about this game is you can play ANY server as language you pick is same in all servers be it Spanish/French/German :D

While People are getting a lot of issues with Robert server we are having none on Bellamy and although action is not all condensed it makes for relaxing playing no assoles to be found on here YET rofl.

Soulja

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Downloaded the game today, not installed it yet but everyone i know is on Roberts gah :(

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Had a weekend of play, managed to get up to level 19 so far and it's an alright game. I'm sort of at the stage where killing npc's is not quite as fun as it was at first.

That being said, some npc fights are still enjoyable, especially those that you are unsure of which way it may go, and the missions still have a good plot and throw the odd new scenario your way.

PvP will be the real acid test, and i'm still quite some way off that, with my Society (guild) recommending not beginging until 40ish.

4/5 i'd give it.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
When I played it, ship combat was the most fun. When you talk about PvE, do you mean the crappy avatar combat ?

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
When I played it, ship combat was the most fun. When you talk about PvE, do you mean the crappy avatar combat ?

Nah just fighting NPC's, the swashbuckling side is totally crap. It's like a novelty really, whoever they got developing that side of the game needs their P45 handing to them asap :p.

Lethul

FH is my second home
How is this game going now? Worth looking into further? I played the Beta but wasn't to impressed by all the instancing and ugly towns :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
How is this game going now? Worth looking into further? I played the Beta but wasn't to impressed by all the instancing and ugly towns :p

almost interested to know this to.

so tell me how much this game is failing or prove me wrong and get me interested enough to atleast try it out ;)

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
bump!

How is this shaping up? Not much of a clue about it atm, so any info would be nice. Hows the ship PvP? If anyone has a buddy key left, would love to give it a shot :)

PM me with it if theres one nicking around.

Starman

Part of the furniture
I notice there is a buddy key program starting up shortly. I'd be interested in a key if anyone here is still active.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Ah here we go...

As Aether promised on Friday, we are today unveiling our new Buddy Key system!

Every player with a paid SOE subscription to Pirates of the Burning Sea is entitled to three 14 day trial keys. These keys can be used right away, or you can save them for a rainy day; they won’t expire unless they have been activated, and they will remain on the website for you to access at any time. Each key can only be used once.

To generate your three keys, you need to be logged in to our website (click here to log in). You will then be able to use this URL to claim your keys:
Pirates of the Burning Sea » Home

Once you have given your keys to your friends, loved ones, tennis partners and so on, they will need to download the game installer from here:
Install Pirates of the Burning Sea!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
ooh, if anyone has a key i'd love to try it again. i'd even sub for a month after if that gives any free time reward just because ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
comon, the game can' have failed THAT bad, even if i was being sarcastic about just that >.<

noone here still plays and have a free trial key spare?

Mabs

dont have trial key spare :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
The game has actually received good reviews all over. I'm surprised cause in the beta i tried it seemed really "special" :) Maybe worth purchasing next payday :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
got a trial key sent to me and i must say that its nothing like it was in beta, so i'm gonna sub for a few months just to really check it out.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
and here comes the server merges :/

or rather, the server closures and character transfers....

hope this isnt a panic attack from SOE as it were for NCsoft for auto assault that later closed the game totally.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I really enjoyed POTBS beta but none of my rl friends could be convinced of its leetness :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i ended up subbing. currently losing ships as a pirate on Roberts. fucking missions says there soloable but still i end up having to deal with 6+ ships all broadsiding my sorry arse.

i can take out 1, maybe 2 ships before i have to run and heal.

but as theres ALWAYS 2 or more ships there thats demasting me i have to chose between sail or armor and i end up sinking anyway. no matter what

not to mention the "guard this or those ships" missions.

or board 2 or more ships missions while 5 others are pounding you while you demast them......

starting to regret spending the cash on it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
i ended up subbing. currently losing ships as a pirate on Roberts. fucking missions says there soloable but still i end up having to deal with 6+ ships all broadsiding my sorry arse.

i can take out 1, maybe 2 ships before i have to run and heal.

but as theres ALWAYS 2 or more ships there thats demasting me i have to chose between sail or armor and i end up sinking anyway. no matter what

not to mention the "guard this or those ships" missions.

or board 2 or more ships missions while 5 others are pounding you while you demast them......

starting to regret spending the cash on it.

Just from my experience - anti-sail shot is goldddddddddddd for tough missions. You kill enemy ships turning circle/movement and then you can bugger off out of range of their guns and disable some more enemy ships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom