Aceness

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have just bought this for a fiver from Ebay:

2345259469_639e52e3e7_b.jpg

2345256075_9ec3c6276a_b.jpg

I do believe its the most awesome thing I've ever owned. 30 Commodore 64 games in a Quickshot joystick.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
rofl looks cool :D iv been looking at spectrem ones :)

taB

Part of the furniture
Massively awesome, requesting pics of some games for pixellated goodness :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
zomg that brings back memories of how many hours I gave to the beautiful C64 :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
ok heres a video. Note that the joystick is MASSIVELY more awesome than my crappy phone camera.

YouTube - Commodore 64 in a joystick
[youtubevid]Ssfu1LOsv9s[/youtubevid]

There are loads of hacks for it as well:

DTV Version 2/3

btw when it boots up (not shown in the video), theres a little bit that says "Chickenhead logo copyright...." which I thought was hysterical.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
2345428969_ca95e2883f.jpg

BTW its actually a competition pro joystick

*slaps*

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Oh god that Impossible Mission was so fucking hard, remember that like it was yesterday watching the video.

I can't buy it because it doesn't have the obvious greats on there, Head over Heels, Wizzball, Last Ninja, Sanxion. I would also want an option to hear the loading music.

Very cool though either way, I used to pay fortunes for Comp Pro joysticks, I had a see through one :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You can hack them Trem and stick your own games on there :) I think I'll shove some Llamasoft stuff on like Sheep in Space :)

taB

Part of the furniture
Oh god that Impossible Mission was so fucking hard, remember that like it was yesterday watching the video.

God, I had that IM game on some amstrad computer, it had 3" hard floppy disks :) Oh and I sucked major balls at it.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
BTW its actually a competition pro joystick

I rewired two of my original C64 joysticks to USB last year and got the cables to connect my old c64 1541 disk drive to make disk images of all my old games and various things I wrote in my miss spent youth for the c64. WinVICE plays them brilliantly, it brought back a lot of memories.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
heh, in a night of memories I found myself a copy of Workbench 1.3 (PM me if you want it) and downloaded a load of Amiga games, running them on Winuae.

I shall therefore be spending tomorrow night being a defender of the crown. Annoyingly, I can't remember even half the games I enjoyed on the Amiga :(

Trem

Defender of the Crown was great, also the Psygnosis Barbarian not the chopping head off Barbarian.

Trem

Wasn't that part of your electricians exam Trem?

:D

Looks just like the bloody electronics program we had to use actually, I kept blowing the resistors up on it :D

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
heh, in a night of memories I found myself a copy of Workbench 1.3 (PM me if you want it) and downloaded a load of Amiga games, running them on Winuae.

I shall therefore be spending tomorrow night being a defender of the crown. Annoyingly, I can't remember even half the games I enjoyed on the Amiga :(

I had an Amiga 1200 played A10 tank killer and an RTS game called K240.

The same computers that were used for Babylon 5 apparently

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I remember that Barbarian Tom, is that the one where he goes "huh huh huh huh ha ha huh" when swinging the sword around like a prize fag?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Quickshot joystick.
Sorry but I cant help myself, Ill have to be a pedantic bastard.

That is blatantly a clone of the old Competition Pro stick, not a Quickshot :)

old.user4556

did anyone else put a competition pro in their crotch as a kid and pretend it was a willy with the red buttons as balls? .... no? :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
did anyone else put a competition pro up their arse as a kid and pretend it was a willy with the red buttons as balls? .... no? :(

fixed

This was my weapon of choice:

JYMS-Quickshot-QS-111.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The fire button was always going, stupid little cracked bubble switches :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The fire button was always going, stupid little cracked bubble switches :(

lol yeah, I must have gone through 20 joysticks in 3 years, those bubble microswitches were the pits. :D

old.user4556

My dad used to order and replace the microswitches from maplin for me; they were very simple to fix.

Edit: except my competition pro was leaf springs and was the most resilient of my joysticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom