Acct Hack URGENT

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Guildie of mine Engelia, was hacked today (about 1 hour ago) for the second time in 3 days.

Did anyone see her talking to anyone in any place? be it a house or CS?

please this is really important

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Char didn't get deleted, just the 30 plat - and some sidi items and epid guild donated to him stolen.

think the cnut has changed his details too - personally think the hacker used a keylogger. As he had the details a day and logged in and played. Then the next day was hacked again.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Brynn said:
Char didn't get deleted, just the 30 plat - and some sidi items and epid guild donated to him stolen.

think the cnut has changed his details too - personally think the hacker used a keylogger. As he had the details a day and logged in and played. Then the next day was hacked again.
Firewall 4 thewin. sygate personal firewall is free and adequate against keyloggers.

Also both GOA and Mythic have stated DOZENS of times how to make your PC as secure as you can, and people just don't do it.

If the person that was 'hacked' used a decent firewall this could never happen.

Personally it makes me sad to see how many people still have their acc details stored on a hotmail account.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Holy shit Brynn, you scared me...thought you were gonna say you're account was hacked - I was bricking it.

Don't recall having heard from her in game today, my personal logs show nothing. I do agree, firewall is the way to go. Hotmail accounts are a big no no.

$tup|d_$h4dy

Fledgling Freddie
the only thing he can do is talk to goa, doing the same atm, but nut sure if me/he will get it back

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Aehhehheheahahehahehaheha the cnut was caught xD

Kemor says action WILL Be taken

ahahaahahhahaahahahahah

Natswoo

Banned
I saw her in her in CS, she has no armour or weaps on, thought it strange but ignored it, was early morning, can't recall day or who she was with though :(

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Twas early yesterday morning. But unfortunatly we cant get the money or items back, but at least goa caught the bastard.

Lets hope he lives in a country where computer hacking is highly illegal

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Brynn said:
Twas early yesterday morning. But unfortunatly we cant get the money or items back, but at least goa caught the bastard.
Caught the bastard? Really? Do you have any details? Two of our guildies were hit by something like this some week ago, the fool proceeded to empty the chars and clear the guild vaults and then deleted the chars. Fortunately, the chars were restored, but all the items are gone forever. This could be the same guy, and if so, I'd love to hear if we got our revenge in the end.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Just told my guildie to email Kemor and just say exactly wot happened. dont miss out any minor detail.

He cant give the items back - but gives some justice if the git is caught

burg

Fledgling Freddie
How come people are getting hacked all the time? Seems like theres a new victim every day.

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Saw Engelia yesterday evening at about 17:00 - 18:00 GMT in Gothwaite Harbor. Like Natswoo said no armor and weapons.

Didn't pay real attention to it either, more people walk around without items just for fun sometimes, and I wasn't aware Engelia got hacked 2 times before..

Good thing they caught the fecker, getting hacked is one of the worst things that can happen DAoC wise imo..
Just hope the items/money can be restored in any way..

Hope they publicly hang the person, I'll come and watch the ceremony :D

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe it was the HOTMAIL hack that has been posted recently >8)

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
dont know you or the person who got hacked, but im so god damn pleased they caught the little bastard! gratz on that, but sorry to hear the items cant be restored :( keep us informed as to whats happening to the little runt wont u ;)

Rhi

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Brynn said:
Just told my guildie to email Kemor and just say exactly wot happened. dont miss out any minor detail.

He cant give the items back - but gives some justice if the git is caught

Seems alot of people are getting hacked, too many to be a coincidence, did Kemor say how it was done?

I think there is more to this than meets the eye, I personally have a seperate PC with a firewall protecting my entire network and ZA protecting the PC's, my passwords are stored on removable USB sticks which get removed when not used. I cant beleive after all this that peopel are still getting hacked through stupidity.

GOA appears to been hacked once maybe twice yet its us that appear to have a security problem?

I think there is more to this issue..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom