Account trade forum url?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zerg-Proof

Hi, I was wondering if there still is an account trade forum for the European servers. If so, could someone post the url of it plz? Thanx

V

vesania

Unlikely, given that moderators would - quite rightly - remove it straight away.

Account trading is against the CoC.

O

old.Zarff

the boards follow the CoC when it concerns acc trading so don't expect any links to be given here without being removed by mods.

C

Cyradix

wow, I did a simple search on google on the subject and the first link has people trading SWG accounts for DAoC accounts :eek7:

A

Addlcove

sorry zerg-poof

you are officially known as a nogood git now.

account trading is against the CoC

R

rookiescot

Raises an interesting question though.
Just because account trading is against the code of conduct does it make it wrong in peoples eyes?
At the end of the day what you are trading is your time/money/effort.
Mythic have there own "financial" reasons for not wanting people to trade accounts.

O

old.Morchaoron

i dont mind aslong as they remove their chars from their guilds BEFORE THEY SELL IT and DONT RUIN RELIC RAIDS CUZ OF THEIR OWN STUPIDITY ><

was funny when someone in my guild apparently sold his account (without removing it from guild)... and when the new owner came online with his infil the first thing he said was "got some buffs left on a bot?", nice if people like to pretend they are someone else ><

O

old.Downanael

Originally posted by Cyradix
wow, I did a simple search on google on the subject and the first link has people trading SWG accounts for DAoC accounts :eek7:

Anyone really surprised :) ?

E

eynar

Lmao at some people's replies here, "that is against the CoC!". Such hypocrisy.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by rookiescot
Raises an interesting question though.
Just because account trading is against the code of conduct does it make it wrong in peoples eyes?
At the end of the day what you are trading is your time/money/effort.
Mythic have there own "financial" reasons for not wanting people to trade accounts.
Mythic allow account trading as far as I know, only GOA don't allow it.

And according to the little EULA you agreed to, I assume everyone read it ;) cos it says everything you're doing and playing is the property of GOA.

V

vesania

Why is it hypocrisy to uphold the CoC, Eynar? You agree to do so every time you play the game and failure to do so is punishable, with results varying according to the severity of the infringement. Not to mention that the CoC is designed to safeguard a fair playing environment for people - a laudable intent, surely?

If some/many break it and cheat/abuse/hack etc....then that still doesn't make it hypocrisy for others to object or to point out where it is being broken.

T

the_smurflord

Mythic accepted the reality of the gaming world and acknowledged that account trading is inevitable. Therefore they put a little effort into providing an infrastructure to allow people to transfer through their customer support service. As a result they removed account trading from the CoC.

GOA can't be arsed to set up anything for the comminty, so it stays banned here.

As said above, I dont see anything wrong with account trading, providing people deguild their characters, settle any outstanding business deals in game first, and tell their friends / guild that they are trading. Once had a GM of my former guild trade and not tell anyone, and suddenly we got this total knob in the guild with Rank 0 privaleges.

G

GReaper

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
i dont mind aslong as they remove their chars from their guilds BEFORE THEY SELL IT and DONT RUIN RELIC RAIDS CUZ OF THEIR OWN STUPIDITY ><

was funny when someone in my guild apparently sold his account (without removing it from guild)... and when the new owner came online with his infil the first thing he said was "got some buffs left on a bot?", nice if people like to pretend they are someone else ><

I have to agree that this is the most annoying thing regards traded accounts - you cannot trust them whatsoever.

Do people realise that they are recruited into a guild as a player, not just a character with an extra title above their head. What do these people expect when the guild members find out that the person who they once knew is now some scum of a trader? If you trade an account then /gc quit it first, if you're using a traded account then /gc quit it as well.

Its fucking annoying. :wall:

E

eynar

Originally posted by vesania
Why is it hypocrisy to uphold the CoC, Eynar? You agree to do so every time you play the game and failure to do so is punishable, with results varying according to the severity of the infringement. Not to mention that the CoC is designed to safeguard a fair playing environment for people - a laudable intent, surely?

If some/many break it and cheat/abuse/hack etc....then that still doesn't make it hypocrisy for others to object or to point out where it is being broken.

OMG plz, what does cheating / hacking etc got to do with trading an account?? And no, this particular part of the CoC isn't to "safeguard a fair playing environment" at all, unless you can explain me how account trading influences this. It's just becuz GOA doesn't seem to be willing to put any effort into developing an account management system which supports this. And maybe upholding the CoC isn't hypocritical in general, but judging actions without exception by default becuz "they are against the CoC" surely is...

L

lakih

Not allowing accounttrading through the CoC is a way for GOA to not have to worry about the responibility of account scammers. They can just sit back and wave the CoC and smileingly say "Break the rules and pay the price".
IMO, i think its good that its "forbidden" through the CoC. And besides, in reality, GOA doesnt really care as long as the new owner pay the sub fees.

G

GReaper

Originally posted by Flesh
Duane, wanna swop accounts m8?

Sure, although it costs extra for the main account with rank 0 on it! :p

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Cedd.jpg

E

eynar

Originally posted by Addlcove
please tell me you send that to Rightnow and had his arse banned

Lol, like they would ban anyone for trading accounts, get a grip ffs. And since you seem to uphold the CoC that much, how about those hundreds of people who are on IRC while playing? Ban em all?

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by Addlcove
please tell me you send that to Rightnow and had his arse banned

That pretty sad tbh, and there are always loopholes in CoC's ie your not selling the character because the character belongs to mythics etc, just go to ebay and steal someones legal bits :D

I don't know what characters in alb you play...

O

old.Bubble

Oh and for the guy to say that and quit the Guild was very nice of him, instead of staying there. Yeah ban his ass for being fair

Z

Zerg-Proof

FFS, over 25 replies now, tons of whine, but still no damned URL...in good old tradition me thinks. Can someone plz pm it to me then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom