Account stolen...

G

gudsemt

Tonight I found out that my account has been stolen, SUP info, everything gone. Think he might have hacked into my email and got it off there (Foolish of me :( ) and now I'm stuck. He said if I do anything against him, he'll delete my chars. So, I guess I cant use RightNow, coz he might pick it up there. So, I dont wanna name any names. Can someone please give me suggestions on what to do. I'm really confused, frustrated out of my mind. Help would really be apreciated :(

Thank you...

Anonymous

B

bracken_woodman

:( If you think there's a chance you can get the account back off him with chars in tack, then see if you can appeal to his better nature. But if it looks like all is lost anyway, then name the f****r and report it with evidence and then atleast he will not have gained by his actions. And I'm sure your friends and others will help you recover from this. Don't give up :)

M

-mk-

get a new email, write a mail to GOA and change you password :D

A

Aeternus

well if it was stole you definitly should contact goa so they migth close it down or something? Although not sure if they will help... but thats at least a better choice than having some criminal thug running around with you "car keys" as a hostage...

Also, goa can recover deleted characters(unless a new character has been created in the same slot), without any items and similar though....

Y

-yoda-

scan your comp for virus' . trojans etc etc...

if its clean then fight for your account. if your comp is clean of cirus' etc etc then he wont know if u have contacted gao etc etc to try sort it for you. dont give up and dont let this asshole get the better of you ...

B

Blood

1. use a virus scanner to clean your system
2. email to subscription@goa.com
3. give them your accountname
4. tell them you have been hacked
5. ask them to lock your account untill you can sort it out
6. ask them to give you a new subscription password, and game password

D

dakeyras

Lets not pussy around here...theft is theft!

First off, contact GOA and tell them all.

Second, report to police. At the very least, if the theft is genuine (and the blackmail), then the perpertrator is shagged. A Police investigation (and they will investigate) will get the Credit card details from GOA, and the IP etc etc.

I have suffered from something similar before and. at least in the UK, the law acts very quickly and obtaining the data on an individual who acts like this is very easy. Don't give in. If he has stolen your account and has threatened deletion which amounts to blackmail then get the bastard banged up.

The UK police do take this seriously so if you live in UK pick up the phone or take a visit to the ststion. They have an obligation to act.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Contacting the police is a good idea, they love a good bit of cyber crime.

First thing I would not have done is come here, if your hacker reads this, it could be bye bye for your account :(. This forum is way too public.

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by old.Blood|Prydwen
1. use a virus scanner to clean your system
2. email to subscription@goa.com
3. give them your accountname
4. tell them you have been hacked
5. ask them to lock your account untill you can sort it out
6. ask them to give you a new subscription password, and game password

DO this NOW! And I mean NOW!

Just ask for new passwords and GOA will provide them to your e-mail address write down the passwords and delete the e-mails completely

Voila ur account is sealed and he cannot get in! Do it now!

T

Teh Krypt

Wow, police do things in the UK?

*Krypt faints*

:rolleyes:

Goodluck with your account. Just email goa ASAP.

They will lock your account for a few days until its sorted like they did with Brannor ;)

Then you should make who it is public and royaly fuck over his reputation.

A

Armalite

F**k your chars and sue the mo**er f**ker!

This is hacking AND extortion, pretty serious.

Excuse me for the bad language.

Z

Zeel

Technicly it shouldn't be a problem even if he deletes you characters, I'm sure GOA would be willing to restore characters on a hacked account.

And if he's gotten a hold of your CC information as well, bringing your CC company in as well might not be a bad idea, they tend to not like people who steal other peoples CC information...

F

Fagane

for a few facts.

What you claim that happend here is Mail-Fraud. This is a capital offense. That means the police needs to take this seriously. I hope for you that you live in the US or the person who did this uses an US provider or is from the US.

Becouse then you can go to:

www.fbi.gov

There is an on-line form you can fill in and the FBI will investigate it. The US penalty for mail-fraud is 5 to 10 years in prison, I believe in the UK its 1 to 5 years.

The reason this is mail-fraud is that you made an on-line payment by mail. And all E-Mail transactions is just like regular mail protected by the goverment (international).

Hope this helps,

Fagane

A

Alrindel

He said if I do anything against him, he'll delete my chars.
If it's someone who has another account, and GOA can pin down who it is by comparing IP addresses and login times, they will close his account and delete all his characters. Report everything you know to RightNow.

You may well lose your characters anyways. If he deletes them, makes new ones in the slots, and then deletes those, they will be purged from the backup system and GOA probably won't restore them. But letting this cretin push you around will only make it worse and give him the opportunity to toy with you, "ooooh maybe I'll delete your characters today or maybe I won't."

Document as much as you can. In the UK breaking into someone else's e-mail can get you six months in prison and a nice fat fine. :clap:

H

-Hellforged-

First of all m8, im really sorry for you, you must feel terrible.

Second of all, well im not from the UK but if you are m8, alot of people have written down some great suggestion, follow them closely, look, crime is crime, and if next time its someone blackmailing about stealing your credit card information through your email? get him banged, chars gone or not, its your money, and he's got it.

Hang tight!

-HF

G

Gabrial

Nail his ass to the wall - dont pussy foot around, report him to the police.

M

monkeynutter

This looks like windup or someones evil sister/brother.

O

old.yaruar

Dude, firstly that sucks.

Secondly, listen to what people have said here. If your system has been hacked it's a serious criminal offence which the authorities will investigate and will crack down on. Contact teh releavant people and let goa know.
People who do this genuinely suck. It's like playground bullies.. If I had my way I'd give them all chinese burns....

Alternately you can get the git traced yourself, and sort it out East End style, but I'd personally advoate the first, as kicking the butt of a script kiddie, although satisfying, is rarely a challenge.

D

Damini

This person has deleted their account at Barrysworld, so I doubt you'll get a response from them.

M

Mr TNT

Originally posted by monkeynutter
This looks like windup or someones evil sister/brother.

wat i am thinking

person A: i am going to hax ur email an get ur sub pass
person B: yea right
person A : haha i am in ahaha i have ur pass going to log in ur doac now
person B: really :( ?
person A: yes!!!
person B: dont delete my char
person A: hahah u tell anyone an i will

how old r u gudsemt, it does seem a kid would say some thing like I guess I cant use RightNow.

ask him to delete ur char an see wat happens
:m00:

i would say 99.9% his not really got ur info

M

monkeynutter

maybe the person hacked his barryworld account and deleted that to.:hat:

G

gudsemt

Alright, I've contacted RightNow and heres what they said:

Hello,

Unfortunately we dot not change Subscription password under any means.
As stated in the EULA par 4
* Upon registration, you must select a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for any damage, harm, lost or deleted characters, etc. resulting from your disclosure or allowing the disclosure of any password or from use by any person of your password to gain access to your Account.
We advise you to change your game details in case of.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

There.. I'm screwed... Lost a char that took me almost a year to get to 50..

Guess no more daoc for me :(

M

Meatballs

That doesn't state that they will not change your password.

GOA are fucktards. You are responsible for your password! BUT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHANGE IT! HAHAH WE GOT THE FUCKERS THERE LOUIS! AYE TOO FUCKING RIGHT PIERRE!

M

monkeynutter

can someone translate the above post i dont speak midgard to well, all ones i seen been dead.

ok you say someone else has stolen your char /account if you can prove its yours etc then they would stop anyone who shouldnt have control of it. when the months billing runs out they will have to resubscribe using a bank.

M

monkeynutter

you dont lose your chars when you stop paying, point is if this is not a wind up then the person who stole the account is going to have to use a bank to keep it going. then goa can trace who it is.
perosnaly this is all rubbish.

G

gudsemt

It seems that his paying for my account now, coz i already stopped the night I found out. What do I do?

M

monkeynutter

ok first of just for fun , how did this person who stole your account info tell you he had your info.
second the info for game playing and accounts is two seperate names and passwords so you saying he got both.
goa even though you have told them your account has been hijacked say they wont help or you asked wrong question? if you just said i want to change password then they going to say no, did you tell them you had reason to think account was not under your control ? etc etc etc

G

gudsemt

I tried loggin into my account, then it said 'account alrdy logged in'
Then I logged onto my friend's account, and talked to em.

I told RightNow that account info (SUB info, everything) has been stolen, and now the theif is threatning to delete my chars. And asked them if there is anything that can be done?

And they replied with what I've posted above...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom