Account payment problems

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
basicallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
i didnt get charged on saturday, went into bank today and got a mini-statement printout ;p.
renewed today, hopefully its worked.

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Well, finally got my subscription sorted. Dunno what the problem was exactly, but I tried it this evening and things went pretty smooth. Only problem I encountered was that I had to use my first name I used when registering my account instead of the initials that are on my creditcard, which would seem the logical choice when entering the creditcard info. That seemed to cause an "creditcard number invalid" error, or maybe it was just bad luck.
I don't care at the moment, no more subscription worries for 6 months for me from now :)

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
i payed for 3 months, my card has been billed and i could play for one day and my account is frozen and any billing history is cleared from my account page but no cash refunded on my CC ^^
since my account is frozen i cant log into the official forums for some reason, i dont want to pay another subs until i know what happens to the last cash i sent to them.....

bloody annoying, and the amount of bugs ingame combined with poor customer support and "murphy's law" issues i state WoW at early alpha testing stages and we shouldn't be paying a penny until the game is stable, playable without complication for everyone (more or less) and i would expect a better solution to the server population problems rather than advicing new players not to join certain servers.

im disappointed :(

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
bloody annoying, and the amount of bugs ingame combined with poor customer support and "murphy's law" issues i state WoW at early alpha testing stages and we shouldn't be paying a penny until the game is stable, playable without complication for everyone (more or less) and i would expect a better solution to the server population problems rather than advicing new players not to join certain servers.

im disappointed :(

I really wonder sometimes whether some of you even play this game – and whether people who make comments like this have ever played another pc game, online or otherwise.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Kari said:
I really wonder sometimes whether some of you even play this game – and whether people who make comments like this have ever played another pc game, online or otherwise.
can't you understand the problem ? i certainly can payed my account by cc played for 1 1/2 days then says my account needs renewing has the cash gone from my account? unsure until i get my statment next week but i will not renew it until i have confermation with my bill and you can't renew atm as the site is still down. can't phone it as they were taking no more calls on monday. this is a huge cock up and i'm sure this will definatley result in some people leaving

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
can't you understand the problem ? i certainly can payed my account by cc played for 1 1/2 days then says my account needs renewing has the cash gone from my account? unsure until i get my statment next week but i will not renew it until i have confermation with my bill and you can't renew atm as the site is still down. can't phone it as they were taking no more calls on monday. this is a huge cock up and i'm sure this will definatley result in some people leaving

Understand that entirely, and sympathise with you folks - my comment was directed at the quote I included in my previous message.

/edit: Just to clarify, I was stating that the guy saying wow was at "early alpha stage" was talking utter rubbish, and if he/she truely believes that I find it hard to believe they have ever played any other pc game. Ever ;)

WoW, whilst not perfect, and certainly not great in the billing department (although I appear to have had 5 days free, and my subscription went through fine last night) has had one of the best mmorpg launches to date & appear to be handling extreme numbers of subscribers better than expected.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Had the same discussion in guild chat and on our forums, some people think WoW is bug ridden but, personally, I think it's pretty bug free. There are a few minor issues (the looting bug for example) but nothing game breaking.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well the game itself is fine, more or less (if you dont attempt large raids, and dont play on the queue/owercrowded servers), not many bugs etc and pretty stable with much content.

The infrastructure around the game on the other hand is far from fine - forums are worthless, billing is dodgy, support is slow and understaffed, and communication hardly exists (always takes way way too long for a statment when something is wrong etc).

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i agree the game is fine but if you can't pay you can't play and may move on to another game. i am atm getting more and more drawn back to doac the longer this calamity continues

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Kari said:
Understand that entirely, and sympathise with you folks - my comment was directed at the quote I included in my previous message.

/edit: Just to clarify, I was stating that the guy saying wow was at "early alpha stage" was talking utter rubbish, and if he/she truely believes that I find it hard to believe they have ever played any other pc game. Ever ;)

WoW, whilst not perfect, and certainly not great in the billing department (although I appear to have had 5 days free, and my subscription went through fine last night) has had one of the best mmorpg launches to date & appear to be handling extreme numbers of subscribers better than expected.

well, they launched the game in the US before they did in europe, still the account creation pages where down for almost 24h from when i first tried to activate my cd-key till i finally got thru.
then Daggerspine became overcrowded and you got the waiting to log in every god dam weekend, the instance servers crashing _every_ weekend, large scale battles way too choppy wether it's PvE raids or PvP raids, simple annoying bugs like stuck in loot mode, herbalists having more trouble than others with this btw, many quests unable to be completed due to bugged NPC's, bugged invisible mobs hitting you and you cannot escape them allways, "stuck" in combat mode for 5 minutes (very annoying for rogues as u cant stealth), and there is more.

then you have the dissappearing payements, frozen accounts, and everything subscription related and the fact that you can not log into the forums and ask for help unless the account is active, no response wether you use phone or email to contact them and the fact that my money isnt on my account and my WoW account suddenly got frozen 1 day after i payed 3 month subscription etc.

THESE problems all in all makes me wonder why this game isnt still in testing phase as it's clearly far from ready for the market.

so it seems more to me that you puked out a comment you saw someone you think is elite has said to someone else in a more fitting incident than this one Kari, becos all my accusations about WoW is imo on it's place, but i might add that i like the game despite of it, else i would never bothered trying to find out what the hell was going on!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If you got problems with their pages using explorer, use mozilla firefox, a few day ago i update my billing info from work using explorer, got home could not log in checked my account with mozilla everything was gone and account close, updated it and no problems after that.

Same was on release day, tried register with explorer no luck getting alot of errors, swapped to mozilla and lo and behold it worked like a charm

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
so it seems more to me that you puked out a comment you saw someone you think is elite has said to someone else in a more fitting incident than this one Kari, becos all my accusations about WoW is imo on it's place, but i might add that i like the game despite of it, else i would never bothered trying to find out what the hell was going on!

No idea what you mean with this. My comment stands, if you believe WoW to be more like an alpha product, then you have very little idea what you are talking about. Or are prone to exaggeration. Or both.

All online games have problems, there is no holy grail where such things are concerned. Check out what an alpha game looks and feels like, compare that with a beta test, and with the release version. Then apologise for your initial hasty comment & replace it with the above comment which actually details problems, of which only a couple are game bugs, the rest are infrastructure issues.

I took issue with your "alpha stage" comment, and detailed as such. I dont see how you can argue with me on this one ;)

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
I just checked my account details and guess what, subscription and payment details gone...again :eek7:

At least I can play, good enough. So far no payments were made from my bankaccount to Blizzard.

Hopefully this "inconvenience" will be counted as free days. ;)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
acc fked again yesterday
cant pay, says my card isn't valid, but it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom