Account closed?

S

SilverHood

Cant log in... says my account is closed..

went LD 2 mins ago, and I cant get back in

anyone else?

O

old.Aralik

my account was closed today, paid but cant get in :(

M

Mishy

me too, payment was taken yesterday and as of today my account is closed.

Email sent to Right-now :(

B

Blood

my friends account have been closed since the patch, because he have run out of money on his visa, yesterday his chars dissapeared from the guild listings.

(i hope they will still be there when he finds some money)

O

old.Aralik

Characters stay on the database for 6 months

P

Pillin

Closed too

I've just been closed down, becouse
"You were not able to complete successfully the payment for your subscription period - therefore, your GAME account has been suspended" my visa has worked the two other monts and has about 5000 norwegian kroners (more than enough to pay the rent on my flat, but not the rent on the game it seems)

Also I cant change my billing option, becouse my login and password are no longer correct (even tho ive tried copy pasting it from the email)

So what am i supposed to do now, clean my room? I think not

S

SilverHood

I got a similar email.... tried renewing, some crap about 24 hours.... don't see why it shouldn't work, its been working fine for over 5 months

F

Flimgoblin

Had the same problem, as did my girlfriend's account...

That said I had problems with amazon too...
might be a bank fuckup... if not it'll be a wanadoo payments thing.

O

old.Sami

Since we're at this, could someone confirm than GOA takes NO MONEY AUTOMATICALLY from me? So I have to every time I need more time, pay it manually?

D

Damini

No, they DO automatically re-subscribe. Or they should do, but sometimes they screw it up, and then e-mail you in french.

*Still bitter*

O

old.Aralik

if you have a solo or switch im told they have to stop your payment every time - not sure why but that make sense as to the 1 / 3 / 6 month subscribtions. With a Visa though they can carrys on the sub without asking you.

Im not sure abnout this info but i was told thats how solo.switch work.

F

Flimgoblin

They managed to take a few payments from me without any problems ;)

Not this time though :(

F

Flimgoblin

It's knackered it seems...

*grumbles* not getting too annoyed at the moment as haven't really had any opportunity to play... but if I can't play tomorrow i'll be pissed off

(which is looking likely - doubt they'll fix it on a sunday)

S

SilverHood

I've been playing Unreal Tourney the last few hours... what a shocking lack of skills I have :(

I'll work overtime tommoro, no point in being home early if I can't play

F

Flimgoblin

Looks like I finally get around to playing Morrowind some more :(

Waaah I need my DAoC Fix!

O

ormorof

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Looks like I finally get around to playing Morrowind some more :(

hah looks like im not the only one whos been playing morrowind as a substitute for DAoC

K

Keri

In a way, I'm not really surprised that there are account problems around this time. Remember .. DAoC went live 6 months ago. A lot of current players started playing when it went live.

That means that all those original players, whether they are on 1, 3 or 6 month subscriptions, will be having subscription renewals now.

System overload?????

Looks like it .. although I am one of those original players, and my account is okay ... so far.

S

SilverHood

still no excuse.... haven't been able to play since friday morning.... this doesn't exactly impress new people signign up

M

mele-nko

I have been unable to reopen my account since the day befpre the patch yes, 2 weeks ago or something.. my visa is fine and i never had any problems with it or with the goa site. But begin august they decided to screw up auto-renew and close my account. haven't been able to pay since then..

I know use rightnow etc...well it's not getting me anywhere except for the obvious suggestions like use inet explorer6 or did u try it with Opera. They also have a habbit of taking VERY long to respond to a post, they start replying monday late afternoon and quit friday around noon, i thought this was a 24/7 game...guess i was wrong T_T

RightNow-weAreAsleepAndThisIsNotA24/7game-YouShouldNotExpectCustomerSupportServicePast5pmOrBefore9amEspeccialyNOTinWeekends

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by ormorof

hah looks like im not the only one whos been playing morrowind as a substitute for DAoC
It's a good game :)

I have a Necromancer (self-created class... thinking about all the harassment necros get in game I could have picked a more in-genre name I think) member of the Mages Guild and a Wizard in the great House Telvanni :)

(my first char was an orc fighter/mage type thing... who's spells sucked and he was about as persuasive as a slug... joined every guild around and lost track of the 15 tasks or so he had to do at any one time :))

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by mele-nko
I have been unable to reopen my account since the day befpre the patch yes, 2 weeks ago or something.. my visa is fine and i never had any problems with it or with the goa site. But begin august they decided to screw up auto-renew and close my account. haven't been able to pay since then..

I know use rightnow etc...well it's not getting me anywhere except for the obvious suggestions like use inet explorer6 or did u try it with Opera. They also have a habbit of taking VERY long to respond to a post, they start replying monday late afternoon and quit friday around noon, i thought this was a 24/7 game...guess i was wrong T_T

RightNow-weAreAsleepAndThisIsNotA24/7game-YouShouldNotExpectCustomerSupportServicePast5pmOrBefore9amEspeccialyNOTinWeekends

Hrm 2 weeks ain't good... hope it doesn't take them that long to fix it this time...

Didn't expect anything to be done at the weekend :( but if you pester them every day...

F

Flimgoblin

yeah, that came out wrong :)
wasn't meaning to pester them every day - doubt it'll help.

Meant if yer talking to them 9-5 weekdays I'd expect a better speed of response...

D

Damini

I personally think this problem is absolutely ridiculous. This is a reoccuring issue, and you'd think that even if they haven't worked out how to deal with or pre-empt this occuring, they'd have at least got their responses to this down. When I complained, I was told some absolute tosh about renewals (even though my account had been renewed already some days previously).

I will confess, the second time this happened I did not bother fixing it. It irritated me too much, so my account has been closed since. I will probably re-activate it again one day, but for the last couple months it has stayed down.

S

SilverHood

As long as it's fexed by the time I get back from work, I couldn't care less.... but I doubt it will be :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Damini
I personally think this problem is absolutely ridiculous. This is a reoccuring issue, and you'd think that even if they haven't worked out how to deal with or pre-empt this occuring, they'd have at least got their responses to this down. When I complained, I was told some absolute tosh about renewals (even though my account had been renewed already some days previously).

I will confess, the second time this happened I did not bother fixing it. It irritated me too much, so my account has been closed since. I will probably re-activate it again one day, but for the last couple months it has stayed down.

Start a char in Hibernia, Smaldini ;)
There is enough twinkage laying around...

F

Flimgoblin

General
Registration pages maintenance.
[2002-19-08]

The registration pages (Registration/Account) will be down today (August 19th) for maintenance on our billing
system. If everything goes as planned, the pages should be up again this evening. We will give more information about it this afternoon.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

lets hope this fixes it once and for all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom