account closed problems

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
one of our guildies entered his retail code in early this evening (wednesday) and recieved the email confirming the free month etc no probs

he then got a crash to desktop around midnight UK time and couldnt get back in the game at all, and has recieved an email saying that his account is now closed as his time has expired

anyone else had this,

we are guessing its a case of the right hand not telling the left hand what it knows but.....

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, just got the same error -registered my key this afternoon, got a confirmation email and shortly after midnight I got another one saying my account is closed.

Filled out one of these little helpforms - lessee how long it takes em to respond.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
the help forms take about 2 days normaly. also only put my key in about 1pm UK time got the mail about 10 mins later and my account is still active.

so it possible if you waited till later a load of people remeberd they had to activate the retail key and it jammed the server up.

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
don't wanna be a nitpick but if it had jammed the server up then it shouldn't have sent a confirmation mail in the first place.

Besides...something like this was to be expected.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
well me and my husband didnt put our keys on till about 6pm which is after quite a while after our guildie and we are having no problems, that was my thought perhaps it needs time to catch up

they will have one very angry dude if it takes 2 days i can tell ya

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
It took 5-10 mins after I put in my retail code till I could log in. No email yet, but not fussed:)

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
so what day does the Head Start key gets locked and the CE key / Normal needs to get activated to keep playing ?, i thought it was today but i could log in this morning and i have tried to activate my key but it keeps saying its wrong (because there are so many letters and numbers that looks alike i have to try alot of diffrent combinations sadly)

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Good day!
Right now, it seems the primary problem is that a misleading e-mail is being sent out, confirming the end of the Grace Period and stating that the account is now closed, but not taking into account whether or not the account has actually been activated previously. This is, naturally, a very serious issue which we're investigating urgently.

If an SE account has in fact been activated using a retail code before the end of the grace period yesterday, the account should actually be valid, despite being notified that it is closed. If you are still not able to access the game you should contact Customer Support. They have indeed had quite lengthy respond times due to the amount of tickets but they are well aware of this issue.

CE customers would do well in activating their account before the end of the grace period on October 1st; the length of the grace period will not be shortened by this.

Again, we're very sorry for this and we're working hard to resolve it asap.

so what day does the Head Start key gets locked and the CE key / Normal needs to get activated to keep playing ?, i thought it was today but i could log in this morning and i have tried to activate my key but it keeps saying its wrong (because there are so many letters and numbers that looks alike i have to try alot of diffrent combinations sadly)
Many of the printed codes are indeed hard to interpret and may require several tries to get right. Here's a short list of common misinterpretations.
"G" may look like "6", and vice versa
"5" may look like "S", and vice versa
"B" may look like "8", and vice versa
"V" may look like "U", and vice versa
"I" may look like "L", and vice versa
"0","O" and "Q" may look like "D".

-Magnus

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
This issue has now been resolved. Anyone who were unable to access the game despite having activated their free month should now be able to access WAR.

-Magnus

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Good day!
Right now, it seems the primary problem is that a misleading e-mail is being sent out, confirming the end of the Grace Period and stating that the account is now closed, but not taking into account whether or not the account has actually been activated previously. This is, naturally, a very serious issue which we're investigating urgently.

If an SE account has in fact been activated using a retail code before the end of the grace period yesterday, the account should actually be valid, despite being notified that it is closed. If you are still not able to access the game you should contact Customer Support. They have indeed had quite lengthy respond times due to the amount of tickets but they are well aware of this issue.

CE customers would do well in activating their account before the end of the grace period on October 1st; the length of the grace period will not be shortened by this.

Many of the printed codes are indeed hard to interpret and may require several tries to get right. Here's a short list of common misinterpretations.

-Magnus

i would also like to point out that :

"2" may look like "Z", and vice versa

got my key activated now after the 11th try

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
contrary to popular opinion CS does not take 2 days to respond. I already have a thread running concerning this same topic about not being able to authenticate login. My son has been waiting for 4 days so far with one response which had absolutely nothing to do with the problem. CS have done nothing as far as I can tell to help solve this problem.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Good day!

-Magnus

thats nice to hear, I got about 100 combinations then that could work, do you wanna do it for me?

No but on a serious note, there must be some rule of thumb to follow other then trying different random combinations..

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
The problem i am having at the moment is i am unable to log into the website fullstop, it always comes up with an error message ....

....................................................................................................
Connection to the data bank failed. Please check your internet connection and retry in a few minutes. (code 300)
....................................................................................................

So i am not even able to access my account, cannot register my game code and if it stays the same even pay for the game.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
The problem i am having at the moment is i am unable to log into the website fullstop, it always comes up with an error message ....

Connection to the data bank failed. Please check your internet connection and retry in a few minutes. (code 300)

So i am not even able to access my account, cannot register my game code and if it stays the same even pay for the game.

what happens if you dont log in but instead just go to the "Code" tap and type in your info there ?

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
what happens if you dont log in but instead just go to the "Code" tap and type in your info there ?

Yeah, worked that out in the end, but i'm worried about whenit comes to billing, the site has never allowed me to log in properly since i first registered however many months/years ago, and the only time i can get to see any content is if i use a direct link to a page, if i use Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning it's always a header and menu with a big blank space i get.

I'm pretty sure this is a flash issue and i know a few people with the same problem, we're all worried that when it comes to paying we won't be able to sub and carry on with the game and have to find another game to playt all because of GoA and theyre stupid flash fetish.

greenflap

Fledgling Freddie
I would think that part of the reason CS may take 2 days to respond is the complete lack of infortmation anywhere about what is happening.

Every time I have been to my account maint page half of the options are greyed out, cant sort my subs out cant tell when they are due, cant register coeds and so on. On the back of no information as to whats happening I have sent CS 3 mails so far to find out what is going on and how I can pay them some money.

I understand the game is two weeks old but what I am saying here is if there was some info freely available as to what was happening CS would not have got any mails from me. They are making the job for CS a lot harder because people dont know what is happening.

Give us some Info not a bland grab bag entry which doesnt help at all. For instance my billing is still down, what does the grab bag info say ?
"system will be back up in the middle of the afternoon". Well my page is not back up and its 7:30 pm here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom