Accessing GORRE and reporting problems.

K

kemor

2 things you can find in the FAQ (updated today) : FAQ in RightNow database

- If you have a "language" directory in your "camelot" folder (the folder you use to play on GORRE), you need to delete or rename it. The "language" directory is downloaded if you patch with a German or French patcher (for example if you tried to play on GORRE while it was in german). If you don't do this, you will have the interface partly in german/french.
- You need to download the correct "update.dat" file, also found in the FAQ about GORRE and also updated today. To be sure your "update.dat" is correct, open it and check if you have these lines :

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.141:1280/updates/testen/camelot/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.142:1280/updates/testen/camelot/mpatch.dat

If you find any problem on GORRE, please report them using RightNow or contacting a GM/CS in game (/who DEV or /who CSR).

T

Thorarin

Ah, that explains it.. The change from french to german didn't require a new update.dat file though, so I assumed I didn't need one now.

Note 1: The Gorre page still says it's German

Note 2: The update.zip on RightNow is corrupt. I edited my existing one, but I can't open the archive in any way.

K

kemor

GORRE page changed now. Update.zip file seems corrupted for some players, checking into it.

K

Keri

Originally posted by Thorarin
Note 2: The update.zip on RightNow is corrupt. I edited my existing one, but I can't open the archive in any way.

I have the same problem. Does anyone know how we can actually get to play on Gorre? And yes, I have submitted the question to RightNow .. and doing /who DEV or /who CSR on Excalibur gives "No matches".

A

Amanita

Well, if someone who has a non corrupted copy of the update file could send it to me I can put it up for download...

K

Keri

My existing update.dat file reads as follows:

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/camelot/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/camelot/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.31:1280/updates/english/camelot/mpatch.dat

Can someone just post the content of the new update.dat? It's a simple matter to just edit the file in notepad.

Thanks.

O

old.mili

only been on it 30 seconds and i found a bug already , BRITON mages start in AVALON

O

old.Biohazard

mmm :/
Camelot.exe doesn't seem to accept my manually edited update.dat it just refuses to start.

O

old.Grymshadow

yup, knackered file for me as well..
who'd have thought it.....

I

inqy

mili can you post your update.dat contents here, pls? :D

K

Keri

The update.zip file has been removed from the gorre page. I'm guessing they are about to replace it with an uncorrupted version.

mili .. how did you manage to get in?

O

old.tRoG

daaaaaaamn... i downloaded the update (and it took ages btw) and it was german.

it made a folder called languages in my camelot dir and i deleted that, now ive gotta d/l the patch aagin.. in german it seems

I

inqy

I just updated the updater thingy....

This is what I have now:

Mythic Patch

NOticed they updated the FAQ to suggest copying & pasting into the update.dat file.

K

Keri

Check the gorre page again .. they put the update.dat contents there .. under "Forth" step. .. Franglais again?

Mythic Patch

I

inqy

and I'm now patched and about to go on GOrre. Drum roll pls...

I

inqy

well it worked. 1.48, but my excal chars were not there and I had to choose realm and create a new char to play.

got a lvl1 troll seer called bigdood :)

O

old.tRoG

woohoo! its working!

im going to explore the bg with my lvl 22 skald (trubadur) :))

anyone from mid wanna go explore with me? you can have speeeeeeeed :)

O

old.olco

still can't connect :( stays saying I must d/l new version....

O

old.tRoG

it didnt transfer your excal chars? erk... 44% downloaded and im wetting myself...

i hate starting new chars now (well, i tried every char in the game to lvl 10 and now its so booooooooooooring)

I

inqy

I msged Kemor (lvl100!!!) but he didn't reply and then disappeared. (probably ld ;) )

O

old.olco

d/led patch....
start up game....
type pass...
chose server...
ingame...
d/l new client..
press esc to quit game...

:puke:

O

old.tRoG

if it doesnt transfer ill make a sword/shield warrior.. because 1h swords look cooler than 1h hammers :)

O

old.mili

jizzy as soon as i read you made a troll called bigdood i made one called doodbig to group with yours but i couldnt see you as being online :(

I

inqy

ahhh I'm here thats why. but I realised why my chars were not there. it seems to give you a realm choice each time you connect, so you can play all 3 realms if you want :)

I selected Hibbie and my chars were there. yay! :D

anyway gl have fun. off down the gym.

*patched and ready* :D

O

old.mili

everyone make trolls on midgard and we can group, for some reason... make a guild called the trolls of midgard or something

:sleeping: :m00: :m00: :m00:

O

old.tRoG

click on the realm you play in on excal and your chard will be there.

the game crashed as i was sitting on the pad eagerly awaited those lazy good for nothing preists to teleport me :(

time to log in again :)

A

Alrindel

The UPDATE.ZIP file that was available for download on the RightNow page was not a ZIP file, it was a RAR file. I think some decompressing programs figured it out automatically, which is why it seemed to work for some people but not for others. I don't know if it has been fixed yet.

Other than that, works great! I just soloed an orange con kobold hunter in Emain (hi Bird!), which I never seem to be able to do on the real server, so I give Gorre two thumbs up! :)

O

old.tRoG

rofl, i was charging aorund thidranki when i met a orange con highlander.. messed him and four other came over the hill :)

i got messed and as they were about to lay into me with blunt objects the game crashed. LOL :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom