Acc Hackt ?

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
doesnt sound so very fun to me :( hope u get your chars restored :cheers:

$tup|d_$h4dy

Fledgling Freddie
well I hope to but ffs goa takes there time to reply to a stupid fucking question imho

btw, I got all my alb/excal chars delete, so restoring 8 chars ? why do I doubt that even with items, seems so vry none goa :-/

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Secondly, all characters should have their items etc restored when they get restored, at least, mine all had, and i deleted/rerolled quite a lot :p

It seems to depend whether the idiot hacking in went through and deleted/disposed of your items, as happened to a couple of guys in our guild.

As you point out though - the name thing is irrelevant, someone else creating char with your name won't stop a restore.

Character name is not going to be the uid of your character record. Because that would be fricking stupid.

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie
had summits like this myself as well , only difference is , they let me keep my lvl 50 chars (without items or money on them tho) and i can tell u this :
it s00ks

WardyWonderland

Fledgling Freddie
I have heard of a couple people that this as happend to and both had their DAoC account details on their Hotmail account. Hotmail being web based means that you can have all the security in the world on your PC but the info is also held by Microsoft in the void that is the Hotmail servers. And from what i have been told a hotmail account is about as secure as the Man U defence is atm.

Not sure if this was the case for you Shady and whatever i hope you get your characters back, even if it is without all the stuff.

$tup|d_$h4dy

Fledgling Freddie
well at first I wanna thank all of ya for being so kind and trying to help me, but I think for now its up to goa what happens and since they aint rly in a hurry to get my chars back this might take some time :(

$tup|d_$h4dy

Fledgling Freddie
well just to give you guys a heads up ( and ofc a cry for help :( )

everything from my 50 arms and theur, 47 friar and 38 minstrel is gone no equipment no money nothin left :(

does anyone know if goa can find out and tell me/help me with this or are they just gonna let this happen to me ? :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
$tup|d_$h4dy said:
well just to give you guys a heads up ( and ofc a cry for help :( )

everything from my 50 arms and theur, 47 friar and 38 minstrel is gone no equipment no money nothin left :(

does anyone know if goa can find out and tell me/help me with this or are they just gonna let this happen to me ? :(

afraid afaik they can only recover your character not items, same as when people sometimes lose stuff with a server crash, shitty situation but Goa dont seem willing to keep proper back ups for cases like this :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
thats not true .. i got all my items back from a lvl 50 i accidentally deleted ... but what you have to remember is that the chars might have been over written to some extent if they have been deleted .. or that all items were transfered off before deletion.

If they owned nothing when deleted .. goa have restored the chars that were there at the time of deletion and they cant give you duplicate items as that would have an impact on the game / economy.

Have to find some friendly guildies to help you out.

$tup|d_$h4dy

Fledgling Freddie
I was scamt cause peeps who know me knew I had armor etc so....... :-/

not goa's fault that I dont got no items, but the fuck who hackt me ofc

$tup|d_$h4dy

Fledgling Freddie
well so far allot of peeps have been helping allot and I must thank all of you even if its just a bit everything helps and makes me feel good ( and wubd ^^ )

and since that hib is named shady they changed my name to schady :(
witch actually well sucks balls but ok better then nothin ofc

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Damn this sucks :(((

But where they able to restore the characters for you? Surely the name is not such a big issue in the end (well it sucks; but still).

Did you also get the items+money back on the chars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom