Absolutely gutted

Laddey

FH is my second home
Well so much for my fucking apprenticeship.

Just been made redundant. Im devostated, cant fucking believe it.

Some sympathy pls

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Shit mate, i'm really sorry. how can they make you redundant when your a apprentice?

That sucks!! :( :( :(

Laddey

FH is my second home
Shit mate, i'm really sorry. how can they make you redundant when your a apprentice?

That sucks!! :( :( :(
Fuck knows how but he done it man. What a waste of 3 months, shit. I dunno what im ognna do now

Uara

Part of the furniture
honestly mate thats shit, i thought it was like a course?

Laddey

FH is my second home
It's just a job with shit pay but you get a qualification at the end usually.
Yeah, and hopefully a fulltime job as a qualified engineer (longer titles than that) on good money. Guess not, *****

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just keep going and don't get stuck in a rut 'cause one thing failed. Go out, get a new place etc.

Back on the horsey mate :fluffle:

Uara

Part of the furniture
Yeah, u just gotta carry on, apply for techi jobs etc!!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Thats bad news Laddey, sorry to hear it.

But at least you have the skills you have learned from those three months and you can apply to other places knowing that you are better off than when you started, just don't give up mate.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
To be honest laddey, with the way the economy is at the moment, you are not the first and you will not be the last. My advice is take any job you get offered, it may not be something you want to do long term, but having money is better than not.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yep, its get a job any job time at the moment Im afraid

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Ouch Laddey :(

I hope you find something to keep you eating!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Find £150, get the A+ books and get studying for the exam. It won't take very long before you can go for the exam if you put the hours in. Frankly any decent employer in the I.T. industry is going to be more impressed by self study for a qualification that means something than a half assed City and Guilds level1/2 crap.

A+ is a good start for anyone looking to get into the business, it gives you a proper grounding in the basics and it sets you up to move onto either MCP/MCSE certification or vendor specific qualifications such as IBM/HP accreditation.

Something along the lines of this is what you need if you want to go the A+ route...

Amazon.co.uk: CompTIA A+ Complete Certification Kit: Quentin Docter, Emmett Dulaney, Toby Skandier, James Pyles: Books

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Find £150, get the A+ books and get studying for the exam. It won't take very long before you can go for the exam if you put the hours in. Frankly any decent employer in the I.T. industry is going to be more impressed by self study for a qualification that means something than a half assed City and Guilds level1/2 crap.

A+ is a good start for anyone looking to get into the business, it gives you a proper grounding in the basics and it sets you up to move onto either MCP/MCSE certification or vendor specific qualifications such as IBM/HP accreditation.

Something along the lines of this is what you need if you want to go the A+ route...

Amazon.co.uk: CompTIA A+ Complete Certification Kit: Quentin Docter, Emmett Dulaney, Toby Skandier, James Pyles: Books
If you are going to buy a book like this, get it second hand, you'll save loads of money and it'll be just as good. Loads of students look to offload old books as well.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Sorry to hear that Laddey, hope you find something in the same vein and can carry on with the training etc.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If you are going to buy a book like this, get it second hand, you'll save loads of money and it'll be just as good. Loads of students look to offload old books as well.

Ofc but he has to find one first and not many A+ students get rid of the study guides as they are a valueable resource to refer to for more obscure information.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sorry about the redundancy Laddey, I bet your employer has already had the handout from the government for the scheme and pocketing the rest. Supposed to make the job redundant so they should not be able to take on any more trainees for a few years.

Sux the way people abuse the systems in place.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think you count as a temp when doing a MA so if he wants to get rid of anyone else you had to go first. He would have prolly loved to keep you you were after all free labour. I nearly went though the same during my MA speak to your learning center and see if they can place you else where for the duration or did you arange everything with the company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom