About Warlock Dmg

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Aint gonna discuss the actual dmg of class (although i think its way to OP) but rather how its dmg is registred on a player.If i meet High RR casters like Crazy, Stajijijijijon etc with a cast time of 1sec and dmg around 400-700 i can see their life dropping in GroupBar and gives me time (although very little ;) ) to spam spec heal or press a insta BUT on Warlocks who are suppose to have 2 sec casttime its Nothing, then Nothing then Dead. Is this a bugg or something ?

Helme

Resident Freddy
No its not a bug, just how the class is built.

When a warlock start casting a primary spell he can press a secondary spell while casting the primary spell and they both will hit at same time(so you can do baseline DD+specclifetap hit at same time) also while doing that they can drop a chamber for additional damage. So its basically 3 spells every 2 second.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
for cast time on chambers - this is dependant on the level of the chamber,

For range - they can cast a range extension spell (up to 3000 yards on some spec's) then cast a 2ndary dd spell on u

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
But are they all un-interuptable or is it just the cambers that are that ?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
There is an uninteruptable primer too (at high powercost), the hexing spells (secondary spells) are all instant, but require a primer to be cast first.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
try use spec target heals instead of spread heal?

if u have the person in target before the warlock starts to cast and start to cast a high mending/rejuv/regrowth GREATER heal BEFORE the warlock gets his spells off, u might just be able to heal it, otherwise not.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
moik said:

if u have the person in target before the warlock starts to cast and start to cast a high mending/rejuv/regrowth GREATER heal BEFORE the warlock gets his spells off, u might just be able to heal it, otherwise not.

And even then, he has to land the heal between the chamber and the uninteruptable lifetap, which land at almost the exact same time if the warlock has some timing in his casting.

rah

Fledgling Freddie
hi belt0rak m8, fish here :fluffle:
i say your grp go b00m!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
moik said:

8( i was talking about him sounding like a spreadheal whore... GL healing with spreadheal vs warlocks 8/

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, I have heard of such warlocks ..never seen 1.. that instakills me or any1 else in grp :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
1 merc + 1 reaver > 2 merc assist train

its the util m8, the util!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I just think Warlocks have a bad concept. High dmg with slow casting time, therefore chambers is very bad as concept. The damage was obviously too high, so by nerfing dmg, the warlock lost a huge advantage. From start on, chambers should've been a replacement for quickcast, nothing more imo. The casting speed + dmg should've been normal, but the possibility of adding the "effect-primers" ( like higher range, no interrupt ) was a nice new idea. So basically the class is strong in 1-2 points, but very weak in others. I've seen that Warlock video and that guy uses a LOT of mana when casting, but deals high dmg. Not enough to not heal it up though, so I think in a grp vs. grp situation the Warlock can deal good frontload dmg at first, then it weakens a lot, which is the main problem.

I'm not against new ideas, but they should be balanced at least and not geared in one direction.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the problem is high cast speed primers+high hex spec...

in theory a warlock dumps chambers then relies on slow casting spells...

in practice they spec 43h 30w and use 2s cast time uninterruptables which they can fire 6 or 7 off given enough +%power and more if they have any form of power regen.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Huntingtons said:
8( i was talking about him sounding like a spreadheal whore...
What part of "spam spec heal" in his initial post can't you comprehend? :rolleyes:

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
the problem is high cast speed primers+high hex spec...

in theory a warlock dumps chambers then relies on slow casting spells...

in practice they spec 43h 30w and use 2s cast time uninterruptables which they can fire 6 or 7 off given enough +%power and more if they have any form of power regen.

i wanna see 1 warlock that is able to throw 6 uninteruptable spells in a row.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
If you pop Tartaros I am pretty sure you can get a few off.

But just for the record, if a warlock casts a 2 sec uninterruptable primer
is the DD instant?
If that is true then all you need to keep going after unloading your chambers
is some sort of pow source. Like Tart, MCL, Raging pow etc.

I have never played a warlock but I would really like to know how they work.

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Warlock - Warlocks are able to combine certain abilities in ways that, in conjunction with a few of their high damage spells, significantly overpowers them. This is exaggerated even more because the amount of damage done by certain Warlocks spells is so high. To help mitigate this issue, we have reduced the damage for the following Hexing spell lines:

2 Lesser Beguiled Pain – Damage: 10
3 Beguiled Pain – Damage: 15
8 Greater Beguiled Pain – Damage: 34
13 Lesser Beguiled Pain – Damage: 66
18 Beguiled Injury– Damage: 77
24 Greater Beguiled Injury – Damage: 97
34 Lesser Beguiled Hex – Damage: 135
43 Beguiled Hex – Damage: 168
49 Greater Beguiled Hex – Damage: 191

5 Infernal Sore – Damage: 9/pulse
9 Infernal Eruption – Damage: 15/pulse
19 Infernal Rot – Damage: 37/pulse
30 Infernal Degeneration – Damage: 55/pulse
41 Infernal Infection – Damage: 76/pulse
46 Infernal Erosion – Damage: 88/pulse

:fluffle:

kiban

Fledgling Freddie
M8 warlock spec 50/20 before nerf wich isn't due in another 3 month or so not 43 but 50 hex.

Warlock is all about frontloading and U get most of the 50/20.:D

With 50/20 U do arond 2 k in 2 sec on capped matter resist so U pretty much insta kill casters.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
That I noticed, they hurt, and the bad thing is there is nothing
I can purge, nothing the cleric can heal etc.

Even if I get stunned or even ride a zephyr I can still survive.

Good thing most are still low RR, Id hate to think what a RR10 warlock can
unleash.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Just to clarify, nearsight does work on their chambers right?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Lootie2 said:
Their nearisight is longer range though.
Regards, Lootie2

Longer than what? You gotta spec for a rangeprimer thats better than 2300 if you refer to that its longer than "normal" nearsight, but on the other hand you get a lower ns then, and lower nukes, and its 5 sec casttime.

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
I dont really like the insta idea behind warlock. I think mids have enough insta pre cata. As a matter of fact no class should have any instas imo.

Maybe mythic "fixed" the poc entrance camp issue to prevent 100 warlocks instakilling ppl zooning in to gain some rps. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom