Impressed About time :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes nuclear cleanup is expensive but Sellafield is unique due to its history hence it is going to cost a lot more to cleanup.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes nuclear cleanup is expensive but Sellafield is unique due to its history hence it is going to cost a lot more to cleanup.

Still much cheaper any way you look at it. No need to decomission a lagoon :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And no way it's ever going to meet any energy demands compared to nuclear. Renewable energy is lovely and everything but as a standalone solution there will never be enough of it.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Well it's like making a sandwich. You can't make it with just bread. You need meat and lettuce too.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Also - it will act as a reef so although local ecosystem damage will occur the ecosystem will be able to adapt and it's unlikely there'll be lasting damage. Just a change to where the land effectively stops and the sea starts properly. No ongoing issues with waste disposal or longer-than-actual-life decomissioning costs and a metric fuckton of health-enhancing uses.

At that price, what's not to love?
90 quid is a guesstimate for the next one. The strike price for the first is £168. Quite a way over Hinkley C.

Not that I'm against this but give it a rest with your anti-atom-aspersions.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
So @leggy is good looking and smart? Thank fuck the good lord made him a midget to give the rest of us a chance.

leggy

Probably Scottish
5 foot 9! I'm a fucking Giant Lord when I go back to Scotland.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The moon also pulls up the ground twice each day in an bulge around 6ft on average asthe Earth rotates...which is weird.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Googled "Why not just launch a rocket and dump all the uranium into the sun". Got an answer:

"There isn't a space agency or private firm on the planet with a spotless launch record. And we're not talking about cheapo rockets—last year, the craft carrying NASA's $280-million Orbiting Carbon Observatory fizzled out and crashed into the ocean near Antarctica. It's a bummer when a satellite ends up underwater, but it's an entirely different story if that rocket is packing a few hundred pounds of uranium. And if the uranium caught fire, it could stay airborne and circulate for months, dusting the globe with radioactive ash. Still seem like a good idea?"

Fair enough.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Googled "Why not just launch a rocket and dump all the uranium into the sun". Got an answer:

"There isn't a space agency or private firm on the planet with a spotless launch record. And we're not talking about cheapo rockets—last year, the craft carrying NASA's $280-million Orbiting Carbon Observatory fizzled out and crashed into the ocean near Antarctica. It's a bummer when a satellite ends up underwater, but it's an entirely different story if that rocket is packing a few hundred pounds of uranium. And if the uranium caught fire, it could stay airborne and circulate for months, dusting the globe with radioactive ash. Still seem like a good idea?"

Fair enough.
Ah wth why not. It's only a planet hehe. Do I the launch just after one fails. Hardly ever get two in a row lol

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's not waste, we can use it over and over again, but no one wants to build another Sellafield to do this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
90 quid is a guesstimate for the next one. The strike price for the first is £168. Quite a way over Hinkley C.

Not that I'm against this but give it a rest with your anti-atom-aspersions.

I'm not anti-atom at all. I'm anti-waste. And the subsidies for hinkley include a 1bn exposure limit, a "share" of the disposal costs and multiple price renegotiations.

Anyway - don't want to derail into another nuclear argument really - my original post was that I liked the idea. Expensive at first - yep - but what I find most appealing about this is it's multi-use.

If it goes ahead it'll completely regenerate Swansea (and it needs it). And it'll leave a lasting sporting and exercise legacy, and stimulate kids into thinking about science and engineering. Health and happiness benefits for the locals and the inevitable tourists.

I think it's great tbfh :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There's a certain flat in London (@Jupitus ) where you would be lorded as a giant

Possibly true, but he'll never find out as he won't be able to fit through my hobbit door! :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
@fettoken huh? Bad spelling/grammar? Enlighten me you cunt.

There wasn't an option for just 'Bad' so i took the closes thing, just standing up for old Leggy, 5.9 isn't that bad. Your mom has a cat flap as well..

*cringe*

Too much eh? Sorry!!

Cunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom