About time someone had the balls to say it

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The balls to say what exactly?

not sure if serious... its taken how long for someone in the gov to admit it hasnt worked, finally someone has /hats off to cameron even tho hes still a pompus ****.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No it is; what do you feel he had the balls to say? He makes a lot of points in the speech, and the media reports of it are all quite different. I've watched the whole thing and I was left scratching my head, he seems to confuse several issues and focus's far to much on Islam which will serve to do nothing but create more friction.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
not sure if serious...

I assume this to be a serious comment. And I tend to agree with Ch3t. He said fuck all really. Looks and sounds more like an attempt to assuage his pary's backbenchers. We've known for a long time that hyper-multiculturalism has allowed some silliness to go on, he's merely sounding a gong that's been sounded throughout Europe over the last few years.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bush saying "This is a war" wasn't a firm stance on it? :D

Call me when someone has the balls to do about it, and the smarts to do it right.

Helme

Resident Freddy
It's funny how Islam is such an accepted villain in the western world, especially when the "extremists" are such a tiny minority(fun fact; there's 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, going by that number alone we should all be dead already). And a politician "standing up to it", lol. He's just milking you for easy approval or to distract you from real issues(such as the fact that you are still involved in a illegal war that's doing nothing but draining your resources so the US can have cheaper oil).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's funny how Islam is such an accepted villain in the western world, especially when the "extremists" are such a tiny minority(fun fact; there's 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, going by that number alone we should all be dead already). And a politician "standing up to it", lol. He's just milking you for easy approval or to distract you from real issues(such as the fact that you are still involved in a illegal war that's doing nothing but draining your resources so the US can have cheaper oil).

Did you even read it properly? because by the looks of your post you've read perhaps the first paragraph of what he said and shut the window.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Still just talk as far as things go.

Shoulda woulda coulda is all fine and well, when looking from a politician POV, fishing popularity etc, but what they need to do is action.

But i'm betting half my willy that coming up with a solution to extremists, without stomping all over regular folks rights etc, is not that easy.

BAsically what i'm saying is; you can't cure extremism, without removing the ideal alltogether. Can't be done, all hot air.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still just talk as far as things go.

Shoulda woulda coulda is all fine and well, when looking from a politician POV, fishing popularity etc, but what they need to do is action.

But i'm betting half my willy that coming up with a solution to extremists, without stomping all over regular folks rights etc, is not that easy.

BAsically what i'm saying is; you can't cure extremism, without removing the ideal alltogether. Can't be done, all hot air.

indeed, after the last 20 years I think its safe to say we just pass anything that comes out of an mps mouth as jibber jabba.... maybe one day we'll get someone with a spine that takes things further heres to hoping Cameron does that.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Takes things further with what? You still haven't answered my earlier question.

You seem to just be taken in by the fact he's said anything at all, and your right wing tendencies (based on your postings on this forum) have glossed over the fact that there is no actuall content in the fluff he's come out with.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
DC has said some wishy-washy soundbytes making it sound like he's making a political point.
The media have seized on these soundbytes and used them to portray DC as being against multicuturalism.
Most media in the UK is left-wing or libertarian and support the idea of multiculturalism.
Spot the beginning of the media making a stick to beat DC with.

I personally believe that hippies from the late 1960's and early 1970's are now in charge and are conducting a huge social experiment to see if it works being nice to everyone and telling people off instead of punishing them.
My opinion is that DC is preparing the ground for more harsh measures and a measure of effective punishment, which will go against what the people running the media want.

If it means people and politicians start having sensible, reasoned debates without being branded racists or bigots then I look forward to it. For what it's worth, I agree with what DC was saying. The pendulum has swung too far towards blind tolerance, I prefer a more central balance of tolerance with enforcement of the views of the majority.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Fix the economy or is that the fault of Muslims and immigrants as well?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
But that means admitting mistakes.
It´s far more comfortable to have a universal punchbag-dummy to blame.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
DC has said some wishy-washy soundbytes making it sound like he's making a political point.
The media have seized on these soundbytes and used them to portray DC as being against multicuturalism.
Most media in the UK is left-wing or libertarian and support the idea of multiculturalism.
Spot the beginning of the media making a stick to beat DC with.

I personally believe that hippies from the late 1960's and early 1970's are now in charge and are conducting a huge social experiment to see if it works being nice to everyone and telling people off instead of punishing them.
My opinion is that DC is preparing the ground for more harsh measures and a measure of effective punishment, which will go against what the people running the media want.

If it means people and politicians start having sensible, reasoned debates without being branded racists or bigots then I look forward to it. For what it's worth, I agree with what DC was saying. The pendulum has swung too far towards blind tolerance, I prefer a more central balance of tolerance with enforcement of the views of the majority.

Aye, the real questsions now are

A) how does he plan on enforcing this so its actually effective.

and

B) how does he get the british public to play along with it? because one of the points he made is making people aware that being a devout muslim and an extremist is not the same thing.

The main problem with this whole thing is the backlash every day muslims that get along with people will suffer from people like the EDL etc.

I believe an old saying is appropriate in this case:

"I don't know the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone"

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
No one has any balls in British politics these days. 30 years ago, yes, today, no. There are no great politicians anymore. Where are the Heseltines? Benn? Bevins? Foots? People with principles. Good speakers who stuck their ground. Now its all Namby pamby wishy washy politically correct nanny state no backbone no principles politics. Enjoy.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
No one has any balls in British politics these days. 30 years ago, yes, today, no. There are no great politicians anymore. Where are the Heseltines? Benn? Bevins? Foots? People with principles. Good speakers who stuck their ground. Now its all Namby pamby wishy washy politically correct nanny state no backbone no principles politics. Enjoy.
They tend to get voted out of office.
George Galloway is the highest profile example recently.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
In fairness, George Galloway is a prime twat with a saviour complex.
Which is why he got voted out.
He spoke his mind. People didn't agree with his opinion. They voted for someone else. Yes, he's a self-serving arsehole with a saviour complex, but the one thing he does really well is debate.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I wonder how his claim that people who aren't committed to equality of race, gender and sexuality "aren't welcome here" will be received by extremists such as the notably misogynist and homophobic Catholic church (and to a lesser extent the Church of England).

It's about time it was said, but it's lot like it can be legislated for.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well firstly I don't really see it as something new being said and nor do I tend to rate words over action.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
But that means admitting mistakes.
It´s far more comfortable to have a universal punchbag-dummy to blame.

Don't be silly, the coalition have been blaming Labour for EVERYTHING - that's their punchbag (not I'm not saying Labour aren't to blame.) It'll be interesting when one of their policies goes tits up and they'll have no-one but themselves to blame for a change.

I can't believe you managed this list without putting Thatcher on it. Ballbuster of them all. :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Galloway can certainly debate, but I don't agree with a lot of what he says, particularly his pro-Palestine shite he comes out with

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Galloway can't debate. He just shouts the loudest! He comes off being a bitter angry twisted gobby twat. That's why he was voted out. When he was voted in first of all it was only a protest vote and it went straight to his small minded head.

He is not someone you can actually have a proper conversation with without him going on a long winded rant....

You can't be like that if you want to be around long term. Oh and don't go on some dodgy celebrity TV show either!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Don't be silly, the coalition have been blaming Labour for EVERYTHING - that's their punchbag (not I'm not saying Labour aren't to blame.) It'll be interesting when one of their policies goes tits up and they'll have no-one but themselves to blame for a change.

Labour were still blaming the Tories last year so don't hold your breath :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom