About these "momentary" unavailabilities..

O

Ottar

Ive been trying to spam the account page every hour or so for 10 hours or so. It's 3:30 cet and there's 700 people logged on Prydwen. Even at this hour, the account page is apparently so overloaded that you cant access it. Kemor, you guys sure you didn't just replace the original account update page with that error message?

Trying hard to maintain resemblance of high spirits about all this but somehow it aint getting any easier. Another portion of lousy karma for you guys.

Ottar

C

Chenuba

Unbelieveable that GOA can't put up some extra account-login servers. There's maybe 20000 or more who want to register but can't because of bad judgements.:rolleyes:

C

celadorn

the rule question here is ....

is anyone surprised ....?

and can we do anything about it ....?

just when another game that looks to be the mmorpg daddy comes out peops will flock to it cos GOA will have no brand loyalty due to crap conistant service

just my opnion of course :)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Ottar
Ive been trying to spam the account page every hour or so for 10 hours or so. It's 3:30 cet and there's 700 people logged on Prydwen. Even at this hour, the account page is apparently so overloaded that you cant access it. Kemor, you guys sure you didn't just replace the original account update page with that error message?

Trying hard to maintain resemblance of high spirits about all this but somehow it aint getting any easier. Another portion of lousy karma for you guys.

Ottar

well mate if you've been spamming F5 for refresh then YES you have only been refreshing error page you have to click the "account" link in the leftside menu EVERY TIME.

G

gengi

I managed to activate the wifes SI from an Oil Rig off the coast of Africa in about an hour. That would have been about 03:30 cet just after I came back from Smoko. Its just a case of perseverance and as was stated before hitting the account button not the refresh button or F5

Later

Gengee

O

Ottar

> not the refresh button or F5

Guys, every time you meet a person you assume he is an idiot? Of course I've been spamming the account page.

Ottar

C

Chameleon

I can regularly get to the correct page by pressing 'account' and enter my name and password into the boxes (subscription one, not the game one) and hit enter, but it returns me to the 'temporarily unavailable' page. Is this normal? Most people seem to be experiencing problems getting the 'account' link to work, rather than the next step. If I had changed password previously and forgotten about it, surely it would say wrong login name/password wouldnt it?
Is it just me with problems at this 'second' step? Guild mates tell me when they got to the page where you enter name and passy, they had no probs from there.

tia

O

optical-

Originally posted by Ch@meleon
I can regularly get to the correct page by pressing 'account' and enter my name and password into the boxes (subscription one, not the game one) and hit enter, but it returns me to the 'temporarily unavailable' page. Is this normal? Most people seem to be experiencing problems getting the 'account' link to work, rather than the next step. If I had changed password previously and forgotten about it, surely it would say wrong login name/password wouldnt it?
Is it just me with problems at this 'second' step? Guild mates tell me when they got to the page where you enter name and passy, they had no probs from there.

tia

You're not the only 1, i have the exact same prob.. after hours of trying ive given up.

F

Fex

I'm at exactly the same spot mate, even tried putting in-correct passwords in just to see if it would tell me that the pass was incorrect but all i got was "temporarily unavialable" screen :(

C

Chameleon

ok thanks, at least i know im not wasting my time ........ well we all are i suppose really ;) ah well, it can wait for now. thx again

B

bloggs

some free gameplay due to the mess up with registration would b nice, ive payed for nothing so far and i am not impressed

S

Shadowmag

Got same prob as u guys....why doesnt GOA tell us somthin about this prob....lots of ppl have it i personally know about 6 who e-mail GOA hopin that someone there is actually responsible enough to answer but still no reply.If anyone gets past this 1 can u post it pls?

U

Uriron

Bump....cause i have the same problem and maybe GOA might notice and do something (huh as if)

I cant understand why they couldnt have given a free month with the expansion with the rider that you had to activate during that month to keep using the pack. After all it's useless without an account so they are getting their money anyway.

As it stands now i'm paying a subs fee for the privilege of not being able to play the expansion pack.

The really annoying thing is i got the account login screen once but it directed to the error page and thats all i get now :(

D

deadparrot

I saw SI in the shops seeing it as a good excuse to start playing Daoc. I foolishly thought that i might actually be able to re-activate my account.

HOW DO GOA EXPECT TO GET NEW CUSTOMERS IF THEY CANT EVEN GET THIS PART OF THEIR WEBSITE TO WORK.

O

oldgit

goa sux big time, i got up early today and been trying all day,i am so pissed of almost deleted me chars and threw box in the bin,
but i spose in a few weeks we all be on si and happy again,
GOA read what ppl say your keeping us in the dark and not helping one bit, your lucky that peeps are staying with you and not doing what i almost done a few times, and throw your shit in the bin. Your taking the piss now and your pissing everyone off.
Show some respect to your layal customers and at least tell us what going on.

T

Thornbeard

gah!

im having the same probs as all of u ..and a few of my guild m8s are the same ...

pld goa... :p

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Ottar
> not the refresh button or F5

Guys, every time you meet a person you assume he is an idiot? Of course I've been spamming the account page.

Ottar

you just proved you are by responding so hostile to a friendly tip.
a tip given because a LOT of people DID refresh the error message every time...

B

bloggs

started at 8am it is now 8:17 pm , tried almost constantly.when i had to go out for a few hours my bro spammed for me.

good thing im stoned and cant be arsed to move from my console or i would of moved across the room ages ago to bin the game.

K

Krakatau

Well, it sucks...

And "Momentarily unavailable" ?!?!:eek:

An entire day ain't momentarily...

GOA should be ashamed of this...
I bet they said something like this: "Hey, now the pacth is up, let's forget about it all until monday"

S

Shadowmag

Aint entire day its been like this the last 3 days

R

rock_shock

dudes, i have exactally the same prob, and dispite what my guild m8s say, spamming doesn't seem to work!

I think i might know why nothings been done about it too :)

"The translation team finally received their Christmas gifts and will take a well deserved holiday after 3 months of intensive work and before the arrival of the next patch."

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=873

R

rock_shock

dudes, i have exactally the same prob, and dispite what my guild m8s say, spamming doesn't seem to work!

"The translation team finally received their Christmas gifts and will take a well deserved holiday after 3 months of intensive work and before the arrival of the next patch."

R

rock_shock

R

rock_shock

sry, didn't mean to spam post, whole interent don't work for me now :(

K

Krakatau

Originally posted by rock_shock
sry, didn't mean to spam post, whole interent don't work for me now :(

I wonder for who/whom the Internet works for ;)

I recall an epsiode of some lousy tv-series, where some guys in orange overalls with the text "Internet" printed on their backs...

They actually said in that program: " We work for the Internet" :D
This must have been a few years back ;)

But at times like this with GOA's crappy service, I'd like like the EU to fine GOA for not keeping promises of bandwith or whatever...
:sleeping:
well, I'm outta here...gonna try to be like a frenchman now....opening a bottle of wine while I w(h)ine *s*

And maybe I can start to think like a frenchman while drinking wine? :m00:

G

Garaen

2:38 and it is still full, its crazy :( I best go back to bed for a few hours and wake up later ;)

S

Shadowmag

3.00 am now im goin to bed.GOA ppl if u are reading this post just show ureselfes responsible ,show us that ure actually doing somthin and explain us why the hell did u put up a limit of 80(!?!?!?!?) ppl on the accounts page at a time and are ure servers THAT lousy so u have to close customer support to free up resources for 80(??!?!?!?!) ppl at a time.Oh and explain us the bug posted above

J

judyth

well, it's 3:52 am GMT, i've just come back from a night on the town, thought id give the whole registration lark a go.

Still momentarily unavailable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom