About the relics

Saxo

Fledgling Freddie
After thinking about it.... the relics make the RvR more or less unbalanched... Imo the relics should only work for PvE then they would still be needed but not unbalanching the RvR system ..... What do you think ?

Discusss

Regards Saxo / Xilo

liloe

It's my birthday today!
if relic guards spawn was based on % players on a realm, they would be better, maybe. But an object which has to be taken via RvR SHOULD have an impact on RvR, that's my point of view.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
No Saxo,

One of the better elements of DAOC is the endgame - i.e. pvp achievement measured by something more than a number or your position in the 'Look at me, Im enormous League Table'. That added extra DAOC has to sustain interest is the idea that there is a war on, and it's visible in that each realm's keeps and relics mean something. Keeps affect DF/pve. Relics affect rvr. You must have an ultimate aim to sustain interest.

I'd like to see something else in addition to relics as a 'holy grail' to chase after. Any suggestions?

Chiefthunder

Fledgling Freddie
[TB] Benedictine said:
I'd like to see something else in addition to relics as a 'holy grail' to chase after. Any suggestions?

pfft, Indiana Jones already found that one ... (not talking about the pally on Pryd/alb btw) :cheers:

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
indeed, no more early morning raids which pissing the victim-realm off, or zerg raids which also pisses the other realm off.. etcetc

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Antedeluvian said:
Not mention about early morning zerg raids :puke:

yeh, I remember being one of the 7 defenders vs. 100 albs :x

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
When frontiers comes out, relics will be reset, so that we start from a "level" playing ground...

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
IMO the relics shouldn't give melee/power increases - but they should give stuff like a 25% increase in RP For example...

Mid Relic 1 = gives 25% RP bonus from killing Mids
Mid Relic 2 = gives 25% RP bonus from killing Mids

Hib Relic 1 = gives 25% RP bonus form killing Hibs
Etc, etc...

So in other words, you raid a realm steal their relic and you get a 25% increase in RP when you kill the people from that realm. Steal the other one and you get a 50% bonus, you could say i suppose that having an RP bonus is a greater threat than a 20% str bonus because it would allow a realm to get more RA's and such - but imo Relics should be worth the effort.

Oh and as a side note, change the format of relic keeps so that the number of NPC guards is proportional to the number of defenders...

I.E. if 5 people come to defend there are 25 NPC guards, if 25 people come to defend there are 5 NPC guards. Which might make things a little less crazy when it comes to taking relics prime-time.

...I dunno, hopfully Mythic'l do somthing to make prime-time raids more fun. Lag aside i prefer epic sized battles to 8v8 RvR anyway :)

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
I cant belive players can even start to cry about relic's, be it meele or power bonus, as long the non skill players continue to use buffbot's. Remove buffbot's and after that look into relic's and see if a change is needed.
I do like Archeon's idea of a RP bonus, instead of the power/meele bonus.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Gorrion said:
I cant belive players can even start to cry about relic's, be it meele or power bonus, as long the non skill players continue to use buffbot's. Remove buffbot's and after that look into relic's and see if a change is needed.
mid groups need buffbots more than hib/alb groups do so shhhhh

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Gorrion said:
Do you realize that for mid group to fully buff buffbot is a requirement ?

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:
or 2 buffers like hib and alb has to have? you're the only realm with the uber main healer :p

Exioce

Part of the furniture
ceixava said:
or 2 buffers like hib and alb has to have? you're the only realm with the uber main healer :p
you can't compare 2 druids with Spreadheal and GP, to 2 shamen with non stackable damage and utility, never mind having to use half their concentration for endurance regen

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
ceixava said:
You have _option_ to get 2 nurt druids, still most hib groups use _2_ buffbots. Not to remind that those bots equals to mid group buffing from 2 shamans and 1 50 aug healer.
so :m00: :m00:

Chiefthunder

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
IMO the relics shouldn't give melee/power increases - but they should give stuff like a 25% increase in RP For example...

Mid Relic 1 = gives 25% RP bonus from killing Mids
Mid Relic 2 = gives 25% RP bonus from killing Mids

Hib Relic 1 = gives 25% RP bonus form killing Hibs
Etc, etc...

So in other words, you raid a realm steal their relic and you get a 25% increase in RP when you kill the people from that realm. Steal the other one and you get a 50% bonus, you could say i suppose that having an RP bonus is a greater threat than a 20% str bonus because it would allow a realm to get more RA's and such - but imo Relics should be worth the effort.

don't forget to up the RR level to rr20 cuz you will get rr10 in no time then :eek:

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:

I cant see why mid's or any realm "NEED" buffbot's. im sure group rvr still is possible even without a bb, bring the game down to a level that was originally intended, for both zerk, group (fg vs fg), and solo rvr. i think the overall gamebalance will be alot better for all realm's.
Regarding the relic's i still like Archeon's idea, or somthing in that direction.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Chiefthunder said:
don't forget to up the RR level to rr20 cuz you will get rr10 in no time then :eek:

Well that all depends, assuming they are so potent people will want them - which makes for more relic raids - which makes for more relics changing hands instead of the rather stagnent status quo Excal has atm regarding relics.

So drop the numbers to say... 5%-10% RP gain per relic, and when your realm doesn't have its relics you get some kind of minimalistic handicap. Not much, but just enough to make it worth getting them back.

Of course, this is all being idealistic - chances are there will never be a 'fair' way of sorting the relics, and chances are regardless of any posative changes people will still bitch about it (VN boards make me laugh, people are already trying to get the Shammy TL 'fired' :D).

But hey, keep the faith right? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom