About the Eu Us Dilemma

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
Those people who have already decided to play on US servers seem to be among the most active posters on these boards, which is a little bit weird. Shouldn't they be posting on some corresponding US forums? It does seem as if they are constantly trying to reassure themselves that playing with the Yanks is the right thing to do. (Which, of course, it is; if you're a fan of latency, staying up until 3am on a raid, and the really great "community" that built up around the US servers in DAoC.)

Honestly, I think the point that you don't like Goa has been made very successfully. Well done, etc. Perhaps it's now time to bugger off to your new "home" and leave us EU players who will be playing on Goa servers?

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
I'd rather speak to an Alabaster Retard who I can at least partially understand, that some french guy who doesn't speak a word of english.

Suggesting members of your new community may be "retards" is not very nice. I kind of feel you're entering into the game in the wrong spirit. :touch:

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Those people who have already decided to play on US servers seem to be among the most active posters on these boards, which is a little bit weird. Shouldn't they be posting on some corresponding US forums? It does seem as if they are constantly trying to reassure themselves that playing with the Yanks is the right thing to do. (Which, of course, it is; if you're a fan of latency, staying up until 3am on a raid, and the really great "community" that built up around the US servers in DAoC.)

Honestly, I think the point that you don't like Goa has been made very successfully. Well done, etc. Perhaps it's now time to bugger off to your new "home" and leave us EU players who will be playing on Goa servers?

Interesting example of intolerance.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Interesting example of intolerance.

meh, if you were sitting in a pub enjoying your beer and someone comes in ranting about how the pub you're in sucks and how you should go to the one across the road because the service is nicer and the decor is less flashy and how they got a dodgy pint once you'd probably not be particularly tolerant.

The bloke whinging would detract from the enjoyment of the beer you were currently drinking.

Same applies here, it's nice that they're sharing their concerns about GOA and how they think things will be better in the US, but it gets a little wearing on the ears after a while :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed. I'd rather focus on trying to help GOA provide the experience we want - in order to gain the best of two worlds. ^^

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
meh, if you were sitting in a pub enjoying your beer and someone comes in ranting about how the pub you're in sucks and how you should go to the one across the road because the service is nicer and the decor is less flashy and how they got a dodgy pint once you'd probably not be particularly tolerant.

The bloke whinging would detract from the enjoyment of the beer you were currently drinking.

Same applies here, it's nice that they're sharing their concerns about GOA and how they think things will be better in the US, but it gets a little wearing on the ears after a while :)

bah come on Flim the forum population and the in game population are now well and truly different things. ;) So the analogy is over simplistic. Or is this actually an official GOA forum?

If it isn't then there ought to be leeway for people to say what they think even if it is repetitive and said ad nauseum. It would make more sense to ignore those comments than whine about them.

If anything this place is the pub and some of us are customers other ex-customers. If the conversation is being hijacked by one theme all the time then its best to say this is getting boring and leave it at that. Hardly any point chucking people out of the pub or asking them to move to the US now is it?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
wouldn't say chuck them out but there's a genuine question there ;)

Shouldn't they be posting on some corresponding US forums?

It's all very flattering they want to keep in touch with the european WAR community but they'd be better served making friends on a forum about servers they will be playing on, rather than pissing off people on servers they won't be...

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
wouldn't say chuck them out but there's a genuine question there ;)

It's all very flattering they want to keep in touch with the european WAR community but they'd be better served making friends on a forum about servers they will be playing on, rather than pissing off people on servers they won't be...

Seems strange that you would say this since most of the people concerned are already registered and posting on said forums.... ;)

Anyway this is an important point can you actually define the 'European WAR community' for me?

Can you define the FH community?

Does one = the other?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Suggesting members of your new community may be "retards" is not very nice. I kind of feel you're entering into the game in the wrong spirit. :touch:

Where the fuck is your head? Are you on a special server with Jesus, The Pope, Dali Larmer and Mother Theresa?

You're gonna find idiots on all server's, but i'd rather have a server full of people whom i can understand (plus a few morons) than a server full of people i cant even understand.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Where the fuck is your head? Are you on a special server with Jesus, The Pope, Dali Larmer and Mother Theresa?

You're gonna find idiots on all server's, but i'd rather have a server full of people whom i can understand (plus a few morons) than a server full of people i cant even understand.
Well i would rather play with people that i cant understand, than with people that have to use language like yours to make a point.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Seems strange that you would say this since most of the people concerned are already registered and posting on said forums.... ;)

Anyway this is an important point can you actually define the 'European WAR community' for me?

Can you define the FH community?

Does one = the other?

I guess we don't have to restrict it to european only here, we could have sections for the US servers, but I imagine the "main" forum communities for the US servers will be on a different board.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Well i would rather play with people that i cant understand, than with people that have to use language like yours to make a point.

stom fighting u two :p

I would just rather be on a server, were ppl respect eachother and were u can play together on a "relaxed" basis.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I guess we don't have to restrict it to european only here, we could have sections for the US servers, but I imagine the "main" forum communities for the US servers will be on a different board.

I wasn't referring to how the board should be organised though Film I was referring to who posts and wether or not it is a good idea to create and 'in' group and an 'out' group. The group that posts here fragmented for various reasons that are hardly worth going over (time and an old game being the biggest factor). If we start to operate with a definition of who is 'in' the main group and who is 'outside' the main group we would accidentally just generate more and more difference that will cause more and more friction (well thats my perspective at least).

This doesn't mean there is really any need for new sections at all, eventually people might end up drifting to the forums where the bulk of the ingame population is. It wouldn't change the fact that I for example will always be 'European'. :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We're going to be talking to Requiel about FH structure and possible unofficial/official status.... no promises or guarantees but we'll see.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
We're going to be talking to Requiel about FH structure and possible unofficial/official status.... no promises or guarantees but we'll see.
It's not a bad idea - always nice to have some sort of official presence around atleast.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
It's not a bad idea - always nice to have some sort of official presence around atleast.

It isn't but the consequences for discussion would be very significant.

If it became the official board there is the possibility that the board would need heavier moderating as tends to be the case elsewhere when such relationships develop. That moderating would affect some here quite dramatically. Interesting development.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I think its a little early to be splitting into two groups of Europeans, those who may play EU and those who may play US, when there is such a long time before the game is released properly. At the moment it is a forum to discuss WAR and what people want from it, not one to organise raids and other such things. A lot of people, myself included, haven't made up their minds where to play yet and I don't really want to wander around too many different forums all saying the same thing.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Yeh am just browsing mainly in silent mode atm, no worries we'll find our way to new boards so u can fully enjoy the insight and activity of forum trollers ala d34k :eek7:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
as long as you're being constructive no reason why you shouldn't post here Gahn.

Just if people are here to post "fs goa sux go US!" in every thread I'd rather see the back of them ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'd rather see the back of them ;)

Weirdo!

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Saying goa didn't have anything to do with opentransit is maybe right but what about the players who where playing/trying to play during those months? and they keep saying it was ppls internet and computers.
If I play I will do it on Goa servers probably tho anyhow sence the time difference.

/wave

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Saying goa didn't have anything to do with opentransit is maybe right but what about the players who where playing/trying to play during those months? and they keep saying it was ppls internet and computers.
If I play I will do it on Goa servers probably tho anyhow sence the time difference.

/wave

have to take into concideration that GOA and OT isnt the same company, even tho they have the same owners (or something along those lines). if OT tells GOA its not them the problem is at, then GOA cant really say anything else to us. and dont really have a reason to think OT is lying/mistaken.

i just hope OT have got their act together in time for warhammer. not that we've had much of any problems at all for quite a while (and no the odd lag day doesent count as that happens in *every* online game) :)

dont really have a problem with GOA CSR's either. the times i've had to go to RN i've always had fast and understandable replies. maybe not always the replies i wanted to hear, but who can please everyone all the time? but then again, i never bothered to argue with GOA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom