About Reputation

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Scooba da Bass said:
It needs to be not anonymous.
I *think* (so don't quote me on this) that the username of the reputation setter may be logged and accessible to the admins, if not to the users themselves. I suppose the idea is to protect users from fear of retribution for giving negative reputation, but it would be nice to see the usernames of those giving positive reputation points. Oh well, it may change yet :)

Kind Regards

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Or if your not happy using it, simply disable reputation?

Rubric

Part of the furniture
People cant even be arsed to leave comments on mine.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Yay now we can see who leaves the comments! Thanks for yours Rubric! :D

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

As you've no doubt noticed, a persons name is now included automatically when adding or subtracting from another user's reputation. The reputation 'history', if you will (which is displayed in the UserCP area), has also been doubled in length to help you keep track of things.

Kind Regards

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Reputation has now been disabled. It's a shame when the few spoil it for the many :( Oh well, such is life :)

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Thanks to all those who bumped my rep :)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Would i be right, in assuming DAoC is the cause?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Oh well, it was getting interesting too ;)

I'll close this thread for the meantime, if we get rep back then maybe we can re-open/sticky it for reference in the future. There's a feedback thread on the reputation thread here for anyone who wants to discuss it further.

Xav

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

This thread has reappeared as the reputation system has been enabled, after being temporarily shut down. You can now only give someone a positive reputation without a comment (your name will be logged, however, so the recipient will know it's you). So, if someone helps you or you find something useful, take time to thank them via the reputation system :)

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. The original post has been updated so as to reflect the new reputation system setup.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

This is a cross post (forgive me) from my original message in the feedback forums. It adds nothing new, but some people have found it useful ...

A little more information on the reputation system. Sadly pretty much everything can be customised, so it's hard to give certainties, but still:

• Each registered member starts with 10 reputation points.
  • Each registered member can rate any post by clicking on the reputation button associated with that post.
  • You can only rate a post once.
  • You can only rate a member once in the same thread.
  • You can only add to a member's reputation, not detract from it.
  • You cannot repeatedly rate the same member (... I'm not sure about this, but there seems to be either: a) a timelimit between rating the same member twice b) a requirement to add x reputation to other members before you can rate the original member again).
  • Every time you rate a post you affect that member's reputation.
  • The amount by which you affect a member's repuation can depend on various factors (... By default, it seems older members with more posts and lots of reputation points will affect another member's reputation more than a newer member with fewer posts and less reputation points. This is perhaps explains why some users only offer quasi-positive reputation (grey 'blip' when listed, no reputation increment) and others offer truely positive reputation (green 'blip' when listed, reputation incremented by one)..
  • Different levels of reputation beyond 'On a distinguished road' exist, and are reached upon attaining x amount of reputation (Thanks MYstIC G).
And now the purely made up, so don't pay much attention to this, as I cannot guarantee it's true ...

• There is the possibility of receiving reputation for belonging to certain groups and donating etc. (I don't believe this is the case with FH, I'm just saying it could be implemented).
  • Quasi-positive reputation (grey 'blips' when listed) may eventually accumulate and increment your reputation.
Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom