About reaver speccing and being a gimp for 8 levels

S

Spinky

Long shot here, It's possible to get 50flex/41sr/42shield on a reaver but only through autotraining flex to 48.

Giving that i don't have a cat in hells chance of getting a respec stone would it be possible to train in crush up to 40, then line respec out of it and use the slash/flex styles which by then would be up to 10 then train in flex as normal with whatever spec points are left over at 48. Absolute crap damage/variance but could it be feasibly done to make the template?

(ps, it's mostly just an experiment for fun as i don't really have much else to do:p)

O

old.linnet

I think you only have to autotrain to 44 to get that, not 48. But yes, should be possible.

S

SoulFly Amarok

erm
train in crush till you are 40
then respec to flex.

M

mirieth

Not sure, but it would be cool if it you managed it! :great:

P

Pinvan

seems to much touble for 2-3 more lvls of SR and a few spells (cant remember what spells they would be, im on skool lappys atm, cant check catacombs) thinking about slam specs, wuddnt 44slash/crush 42shield rest SR be a better choice than levi + slam and sub40 SR?

no faffin around with autotraining for me, straight 50flex 50SR and pray its good ;)

G

Generic Poster

It can be done, but for those post-40 levels, where you only have 10(+bonus) Flex, you'll have crap damage and once your group finds out what you're up to... you'd better start looking for another :D

V

vestax

I would of autotrained flex but i started my reaver for fun, didnt really intend on taking her past 24 tbh but i am doing so now cos its a nice class :)

I will be..

50 flex
42 sheild
31 SR
rest parry

31 SR gets a decent proc buff

The rest of SR is pretty useless tbh, the dot is pathetic.. only good for interupting casters with its 1500 range, the lifedrain is nice but 30 sec timer is sucky and it doesnt actually do much damage.. the PBAE's are really sucky :/

Only decent things are the proc buff and damage add (3 min timer) so i dont think im missing out on much

PS read the VN whine boards for more info on how crap SR scales

L

lacroix

Spinky, I will be trying the same spec, also out of shere curiosity ;)

But as I am still lvlling up my champ first, my baby reaver will take a bit still to get to any meaningful lvl, so plz post your experience ;)

/salute
V.

S

Spinky

It's mostly just to see if it can be done :) But since i'll have a taunt style and an anytime style in slash, hopefully it shouldn't be all that bad. Level 10 so far and still soloing well, crush reavers rock \o/

G

Garris-

On crush reavers - just how good are they? My flex reaver can solo oranges with only two styles used - after engaging initially, I use Viper, move to side, use Indigosnake, fight until enemy is dead.. I'll usually finish with 90% health, power, and endurance..

Last crush reaver I saw used styles for the entire duration of a fight, and rested every fight.. what's to be gained by not going flex?

Users who are viewing this thread