about jewelry and 70% condition

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
So, let's say I put a ring of silent oblivion, sililia's necklace or something as crazy in a pve template and the item goes to 70% condition.

Will the stats work? I know that + skill doesn't work, do other stats ?

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
I recently asked a GM about this and the answer i got back was: make sure your armour is all on 100% and repair it when needed as it declines!
As for your items... you can leave them as they dont matter that much!
............:confused:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Blizard said:
I recently asked a GM about this and the answer i got back was: make sure your armour is all on 100% and repair it when needed as it declines!
As for your items... you can leave them as they dont matter that much!
............:confused:
Yeah, af and dps for armour and weapons is modified by condition as well as quality. So if you have MP af100 armour at 90% quality it's actually only effectively af90 armour. For all other items, the con makes no difference at all until it reaches 70% con at which point +stats don't work but all other bonuses do.

For focus staves as well, the effective focus bonus is affected by con. Lower con will mean more power cost for casting.

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
he said that because the effective AF of armor decreases as it's condition does, so 70% Con on MP armor is effectively shite. Your weapon DPS suffers the same, but jewels do not affect anything at low Con, you just lose skills if the jewels have any +SKILL on them

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
well 3 ppl said it, but ill say it again, maybe it will help :D :

Jewlery: Will work 100% fine, on 70 con, with all stats BUT +Skills,

Armor/shields: All stats BUT +skills work, on 70con. AF is linked with con, so AF goes down as con goes down.

Weapons: All stats BUT +skills work, on 70con. DPS is linked with con, so dmg goes down as con goes down. Caster focus is partly linked with con, traldors on 70 con will lose 70% focus of what it had at 100con.

Zerach

Fledgling Freddie
There are two items about this on Mythics official site www.camelotherald.com.

Mythic said:
2002-10-25: Condition – at or below 70% you stop getting stat increases or specific benefits. Bonus – (the bonus field, I should say) at this time, nothing. Quality – at this time, nothing, with one exception: all items including jewelry with a quality of 99, or 100 have extra “hidden” durability past the displayed 100, and thus those items last longer than items of lower quality. This is still true to the best of my knowledge.

Mythic said:
2005-06-05: Generally, an item with a condition below 70% is not effective in terms of its armor value or its damage. Other item bonuses, as most people know, are not affected by condition. Items that follow this rule include armor, weapons, focus staffs, and instruments. Of course, as with everything else in a MMOG, there are exceptions.

As always with grab-bag answerss, the latest answer is always the correct one, thus you can count on it as weapons and armour at 70% condition will be useless (ie count as not there in terms of af/abs/damage), but jewelries will still give stats, and since all my jewelry except my velt have been at 70% condition forever I can say that you will be given stat bonuses. My belt that do have +hth skill is only at 79% con so I cannot say if that works or not. This is quite easy to test tho, buy a ROG and equip it on yout /20 char. The lvl 50 jewelry on a lvl 20 char will go away really really quick so just start doing some pve and it will be at 70% con in no time, there you can easily see if it works. But as I hate and loath pve I leave this to someone more interested to test.

In short, anyone repairing jewelry is a dumbass and should expect Red Formans' foot up his ass.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Heta said:
have to repair, then cry when it goes poof :(
only 50-70p once every... year-2 ? rarly really, but would not have it on many classes as SoM proc just rocks, also for grps

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for clearing the jewelry issue, but I still don't know why you're fussing about armor and weapons. Everyone knows that! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom