About Epoch...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Have you finalised how many players each game can support during coop play? and will the games difficulty increase with the more players that join? I understand if thats too early to answer :p just thought i'd ask anyway.

EiKON-Mike

EiKONEER
Have you finalised how many players each game can support during coop play? and will the games difficulty increase with the more players that join? I understand if thats too early to answer :p just thought i'd ask anyway.

Sure thing... valid questions, let me tell you what the plan is with the understanding that these things tend to flux and change :)

So... as an ideal ...I honestly don't want to restrict (at the code level) how many people can join a server.
I'd like to leave that to the server admin to decide based on what works best for their hardware and their community.
The network code that the game currently uses (and I see no reason this will change) is an iteration of the network code that was used on games like Tribes and Tribes 2 (we've not tested that ...but that's what we're told) and that code was famous for being stupidly resilient for it's time.
Back in the day BarrysWorld attempted all sorts of silly nonsense with Tribes "Mega-Games" as a result, so make of that what you will.

In-game Players are able to form up into Squads to share missions and act as a singular unit on objectives. The ideal squad size is (we think) around 4-6 players but you could absolutely have multiple squads on a server and if you want a squad of 10+ players I'd rather not stop you. Without being too touchy feely I'd rather you just played the game how you want to play it or controlled your server how you want to control your server.

I'd absolutely like to see the AI scale up it's efforts in response to player numbers. We've not touched on that stuff specifically yet but its in the design and looks to be fairly easy to institute (if not balance :)).
It would most likely be a case of AI numbers increasing and tactics used changing rather than the AI suddenly becoming a crack-shot because there's 10 people on the server rather than 9 (if that makes sense?).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sounds ok yea, AI accuracy has always been tbe benchmark for difficulty increases in older FPS games, it'd be nice to see them quite simply get harder because of what they do and how they do it rather than a flat out aim increase :) because before you know it you've got XX Active AI NPC's with near 100% accuracy just plowing through the entire playerbase.

Looking forward to it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I'm hoping it can be played over a LAN ? BF1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142 all supported local LAN play against Ai Bots, BF3 completely and utterly ignored the fact a huge community had built up over this type of play :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I want a mandatory NPA that you have to protect and which has no concept of taking cover! Other than that, keep up the good work guys ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh yeah, I forgot you get them in CoD, jheeze, nvm.

I want a shrubbery instead please.

Might aswell get them in CoD :p the hitboxes are so large you could fire the worlds smallest gun and still never miss.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
. Without being too touchy feely I'd rather you just played the game how you want to play it or controlled your server how you want to control your server.

Eww, please tell me there won't be only private servers...

Because i can count on one hands the number of private FPS servers i've played on where the admin haven't been stupid in one way or another...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Eww, please tell me there won't be only private servers...

Because i can count on one hands the number of private FPS servers i've played on where the admin haven't been stupid in one way or another...
Solution; get a FH server.

old.SevenSins

Loyal Freddie
Really interested in the end product, hoping the game will be slow paced with an emphasis on tactical approach over "Shoot everything that moves.".

Killer AI that scales with playercount would be awesome too though.

Good luck with your project, if you ever die down on ideas just drop me a line, I'm an idea machine.

EiKON-Mike

EiKONEER
Really interested in the end product, hoping the game will be slow paced with an emphasis on tactical approach over "Shoot everything that moves.".

Killer AI that scales with playercount would be awesome too though.

Good luck with your project, if you ever die down on ideas just drop me a line, I'm an idea machine.

Tactical play is what the game is all about. Run and gun rapidly gets you killed :)

Karate Pyjamas

Fledgling Freddie
This game looks very promising, I love fighting against AI in co-op, but not the Borderlands kind of run and gun, take cover, recover, supress, kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom