About beno, a request

C

Cowled

Lately beno has been in the hands of enemies, therefore i have to request that we quick retake keeps.

Merchant-keeps are most important if you want qua 99-100 weapons fast, and for a good price.

If i have to use tons and tons of time carrying 4p materials down to cornwall, the price on my products have to go up.

Atm i got ... 1.5p on me, those are easy used on materials to produce 2-3 weapons.

Then i sell the failed (qua 94-98) products, run to excal again .. buy new materials... sell the products...

Takes ages, without money, therefore... without beno i understand why crafters charge much.

You want cheap good weapons? Do something to get them, please.

/Cowled

Ps. Yes i got about 10 custimors waiting for products.

J

josh_dk

Good Point Cowled :)

I would also like to do some crafting in Beno, have had to a lot of runs between Excal and Cammy lately.

J

jetsetminer

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Plus the added bonus that if the enemy doesn't have benno they have to bring all their rams etc. with them when they port. This raises the level of difficultly for anyone attempting multiple keep takes, or a relic raid :)

Defend benno, defend our keeps, make it difficult for the enemy to get a foot hold in our frontier! (and help your crafters)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I was wondering why you were even doing anything for someone else besides yourself. Then when I heard Beno was not in our hands, I figured it out.
It just seemed so a-typical for you to do anything not in your own best selfinterest.
Good thing to read that I was right :)
Regards, Glottis

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I was wondering why you were even doing anything for someone else besides yourself. Then when I heard Beno was not in our hands, I figured it out.
It just seemed so a-typical for you to do anything not in your own best selfinterest.
Good thing to read that I was right :)
Regards, Glottis

I've no problem with giving products at low prices... as long as albs help me fight for beno

I think your insults about me being selfcentered should stop, Glottis.

S

starblade

So what even if it is done with a bit of self-interest .... Cowled is right.

Reaching excal these days is not a simple jobs plowing through all the mids and hibs :) You load up on materials, but only to your max encumbrance since you have to trod all the way back again.

Having Beno at least gives you the opportunity to sit and craft and work on orders without having to cross half the realm to get materials and back again to find a forge.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Last night there were several Albion groups roaming through the Albion frontier. A cg was set up, 3 different keeps taken in quick succession, and several Hib groups expelled from our frontiers.
I hope Albion will try to keep this up. I certainly enjoyed this more than rvr in Emain, although Odin's was also a bit of fun.
So really I actually have good hopes. Maybe in 3 days we will have forgotten about the 3 strength relics, but still, rvr in the Pennine are maybe even more rewarding than Emain :p
Regards, Glottis

PS. About the selfishness, I think I have explained that bit to you Cowled :)

C

Cowled

nop, but stop posting nonsense without explaining.

O

old.Odysseus

Your prices are a 50-100% markup - cheap weapons for albion? LOL.

You do nothing for anyone besides yourself.

And if you want Beno, I suggest you arrange it yourself instead of trying to make others do it.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by starblade
Reaching excal these days is not a simple jobs plowing through all the mids and hibs :) You load up on materials, but only to your max encumbrance since you have to trod all the way back again.

Its rarely difficult to reach Excal. Sure - if you follow the road your unlikely to get to far, but take a more indirect route and your chances of being spotted are pretty low.

If Excal is unreachable then no problem - take a horse to Snowdonia and restock at Myrddin. Its virtually guaranteed to be deserted ;)

Having Beno at least gives you the opportunity to sit and craft and work on orders without having to cross half the realm to get materials and back again to find a forge.

And thats the real point. The amount of gold required to buy even a few hours worth of crafting materials is way beyond what I can currently afford. This makes crafting outside of a merchant keep almost pointless.

After buying all the materials I could carry yesterday I managed to make a whole 6 items before running out again. Still - I was very lucky with the quality on these, so no complaints there :)

O

old.Odysseus

If i have to use tons and tons of time carrying 4p materials down to cornwall, the price on my products have to go up.

Just noticed this <chuckle> .....
Theres a goddam lathe - 2 actually - in Camelot. And a vault.
Why the hell go to cornwall to fletch????
omfg what a waste of time.:rolleyes:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I think Albion owns DC more than Beno :)
Must agree that is a shame, but it will be hard to defend Beno unless Albion starts a concentrated effort to control the Hib and Mid incursions into our own frontier. I must admit that our frontier is less suited to RvR when compared to Emain though, something that might be part of the reason.
Regards, Glottis

P

Pin

Of course I'd like to make this request aswell.

Went through ~2000 arcanium bars last night on orders. That alone cost 10 plat. Of course I don't have the cash to get that all at once (sell low qua back to merchants and go again), nor the strength to carry it in less than 6 trips from excal to my vault (2 or 3 attempts of running the gauntlet of sauvage each time), nor the vault space to hold it all when I get it (trips to camelot forge to use what I can hold, then back again).

Must have spent 50% of my 'crafting time' on ferrying materials :(

C

Cowled

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Your prices are a 50-100% markup - cheap weapons for albion? LOL.

You do nothing for anyone besides yourself.

And if you want Beno, I suggest you arrange it yourself instead of trying to make others do it.

Ehh? Im about -100g (atleast) cheaper than u, Ody.. think i do something for the scouts/minstrels/friars of albion...

Thinking about meself? Look at ur prices, for god sake.

O

old.Odysseus

Ehh? Im about -100g (atleast) cheaper than u, Ody.. think i do something for the scouts/minstrels/friars of albion...

Didnt say I wasnt, simply proved that you dont work for Albion.

Thinking about meself? Look at ur prices, for god sake.

Yes I fletch to get rich, never made a secret of that.
You however try and make it seem as though your doing Albion a big favor and that everyone should be grateful, when all you're doing is ripping your guild off for money and filling your own pockets (not to mention putting a relic raid at risk by being silly).
Hypocrit is the word for that.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by old.Odysseus

Didnt say I wasnt, simply proved that you dont work ofr Albion.

Yes I fletch to get rich, never made a secret of that.
You however try and make it seem as though your doing Albion a big favor and that everyone should be grateful, when all you're doing is ripping your guild off for money and filling your own pockets (not to mention putting a relic raid at risk by being silly).
Hypocrit is the word for that.

Ody.. u speak of words you don't know about.

Stop making me laugh.

T_T

O

old.Astrix

Ody pls be quiet and don't acuse others of over rated prices if yours are even HIGHER, have lame can someone get :puke:

Also Glotis left The Brethren because we feel that he should grow up and drop the spam posts against Cowled. Mind you he left on his own but only after he got some advice to FINALLY drop this age old subject.

S

skile

A simple question Cowled. Is it responsible as a producer to blame the realm, to put your own buiz on the realms shoulder? No it's not responsible, conlusion = ignore post.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by skile
A simple question Cowled. Is it responsible as a producer to blame the realm, to put your own buiz on the realms shoulder? No it's not responsible, conlusion = ignore post.

No no no .. don't get me wrong.

I was out there hunting beno myself (and some other frontier-keeps) last night with the 2fg albs.

But i don't have a guild atm, or alliance to call for help, so i need to ask you to send to alliances, etc.. to get help.
And if you should go and take beno some day, just send me.. i'll be happy to help, if online.

O

old.Odysseus

Ody pls be quiet and don't acuse others of over rated prices if yours are even HIGHER

Read my post again. NEVER did I say that her prices were high. I said they were 50-100% profit and thus NOT in the service of the realm.

The whole argument is about hypocracy by claiming to work for the realm but in reality not doing so.
The issue were never the prices, as it is no secret my prices are higher.

Conclusion: Astrix plz pull your head out of your arse and stop interpreting my words in a way that suits you.

But i don't have a guild atm, or alliance to call for help, so i need to ask you to send to alliances, etc.. to get help.
:rolleyes:

U

ulac

Skile - While is is very honourable, to come on and try to support your fellow guild member, please don't spam.

Cowled isn't "blaming" the realm. he's just stating his job would be easier if we kept hold of the keep.

This battle of the flecther seems immature to say the least.

Odysseus - The days of your monopoly are over. get over it.

Lets concentrate on fighting the enemy instead of amonst each other.

The Merchant keeps are important, lets take theirs and keep our own. It will help more people than just Cowled.

S

starblade

Its rarely difficult to reach Excal. Sure - if you follow the road your unlikely to get to far, but take a more indirect route and your chances of being spotted are pretty low.

Damn, just my luck getting spotted while taking the VERY scenic route to excal :) I never take the roads, always go deep through the forest ... bah ... ban paladin-radars :p

As for the coin, I spend a lot of time trinketing asterite (DM drops, DF armor, ...) atm. It takes up a lot of time but the money is a good reward and it makes you just a but less independent from guild funding / pre-payment.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Last night there were several Albion groups roaming through the Albion frontier. A cg was set up, 3 different keeps taken in quick succession, and several Hib groups expelled from our frontiers.
I hope Albion will try to keep this up. I certainly enjoyed this more than rvr in Emain, although Odin's was also a bit of fun.
So really I actually have good hopes. Maybe in 3 days we will have forgotten about the 3 strength relics, but still, rvr in the Pennine are maybe even more rewarding than Emain :p
Regards, Glottis

Muahauh, Fingoniel MacRambuilder :)

A

Adri

Bloody Hell - get all the crafters together and take Beno!

F

Flimgoblin

good point - can all you crafters make sure you stock up on ram parts :)

can't take beno without them usually...

P

Pin

Originally posted by Fingoniel
good point - can all you crafters make sure you stock up on ram parts :)

can't take beno without them usually...

My crafter is a level 24 merc. She doesn't wear armour as she needs all the enc free (gotta get hold of some low level armour with +str), she doesn't have str to carry ram parts, she doesn't have vault space to store them.

All the mobs in Sauvage are at least green con, much worse off the road, so usually running to Excalibur is a case of visit the Hastener, point due north and charge. Repeat until I make it there alive.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by starblade

Damn, just my luck getting spotted while taking the VERY scenic route to excal :) I never take the roads, always go deep through the forest ... bah ... ban paladin-radars :p

Heh, it happens. /release, visit the hastener and go again ;)

As for the coin, I spend a lot of time trinketing asterite (DM drops, DF armor, ...) atm. It takes up a lot of time but the money is a good reward and it makes you just a but less independent from guild funding / pre-payment.

Dont we all ;) What could be more fun than a 2+ hour trinketing session? Heh - even the emain zerg is better than that ;)

J

josh_dk

About trinketing DF items...

Can any 1 of u (Draylor/Pin) tell me what DF items have the best return in gp/seal?

Don't need exact numbers, but if you know BP is best or helmet ot Coif or whatever please let me know :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by josh_dk
About trinketing DF items...

Can any 1 of u (Draylor/Pin) tell me what DF items have the best return in gp/seal?

Don't need exact numbers, but if you know BP is best or helmet ot Coif or whatever please let me know :)

Plate Helms.

BPs would be better value, but they currently rot through the floor (take longer than 3 minutes to salvage).

T

Tranquil-

They have nerfed the salvage values of the DF items in the US, not sure what patch it's in though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom