Football Aaron Ramsey

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Watched it live and watched it again on Youtube, it was horrible but if anything Ramsey went it with all guns blazing rather than Shawcross, imo it wasn't a sending off and Shawcross did nothing wrong. It was a 50/50 challenge.

Sky wouldn't show the replay of the injury just waiting for MOTD to see if they show the replay close up to confirm that Shawcross is innocent.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think thats shocking referee'ing and Shawcross should appeal - Ramsey comes in at high speed and mis-times his tackle on shawcross.

I think the referee got caught up in the emotion and felt he had to give a red after the injury which is pretty poor.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
just seen the MOTD replays and i agree shawcross went for the challlenge and both went for the ball was an unfortunate accident yellow at most imo

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think thats shocking referee'ing and Shawcross should appeal

at this point i dont think the poor bloke cares.

he just snapped someones leg and by the looks of it he took it bloody hard himself.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
aye think the ref did him a favor sending him off

dont think he would have been much use for the rest of the game

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Lol, there's no way that was just a yellow card.

Intent is irrelevant if it's late and dangerous, which it was as the challenge went on his standing leg. By the letter of the law the referee has to send him off.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
So neutrals see it as a 50/50 but Arsenal fans as a clear sending off? How surprising.

rynnor

Rockhound
Intent is irrelevant if it's late

It was so fast though that its clear they both went for the ball - one was a bit faster thats all.

You see properly late challenges all the time where the ball has moved on and a defender slides in - this wasnt one of them.

Its unfortunate and I hope Ramsey heals up well but Wengers comments after the game were stupid and unwarrented and I hope he apologises.

Trem

Lol, there's no way that was just a yellow card.

Intent is irrelevant if it's late and dangerous, which it was as the challenge went on his standing leg. By the letter of the law the referee has to send him off.

If thats the case then Ramsey should of been red carded as well, he was more to blame for the accident than Shawcross. Just because Ramsey came off worse does not mean he was not to blame, which he was.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
With no injuries, I think you'd be hard pressed to know which player to punish, it probably would have been a stern talking to and a 'calm down' for both of them. Under the circumstances Shawcross had to go off to calm down the rest of the Arsenal team and for the lads own good. It'll traumatise him pretty badly I would have thought.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Shawcross had to go off to calm down the rest of the Arsenal team and for the lads own good. It'll traumatise him pretty badly I would have thought.

That's hardly fair is it? Or should people charged with crimes such as rape, battery and theft all automatically be sent down because the victims are upset? Arsenal need to wake up and realise that the Premier League is not run for their convenience.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I didn't say it was fair, but I can't imagine how he could stay on the pitch for his own good. Maybe a fairer way would have been to ask his manager to substitute him immediately. In that situation there's a very good chance of someone going into shock without any other injury, he would have been far better off in a calm dressing room than out on a highly charged football pitch.

I've seen it happen on a rugby pitch. A teammate of mine broke an opponents leg with a perfectly legal tackle which just resulted in a poor fall for the fella and a compound fracture. It was pretty horrendous, and the game was stopped for 15 minutes or so until the doctor and St Johns took the fella away. This is in the days when you only substituted for injuries in rugby and so my mate carried on. After another 10 minutes or so he just collapsed, started throwing up on the pitch and was in a pretty poor way. Cue doctor back onto the pitch, stretcher the lad off and into hospital to be checked out. It was just the shock that got to him and he was fine, but didn't play again for a good few months.

Marc

FH is my second home
I broke someones leg at rugby. Just a great tackle. When I saw what I had done, I spewed my ring, most of it landing on the lad whos leg I just broke. If it wasnt such an awful situation it would almost of been comical.

Suffice to say, it took me months to get over. I held back from fear of doing it again, not just from tackles, but from being tackled. Im sure that Shawcross will feel the same.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If thats the case then Ramsey should of been red carded as well, he was more to blame for the accident than Shawcross. Just because Ramsey came off worse does not mean he was not to blame, which he was.

But he had the ball.

Some people need to revise their laws of football. It was a 50-50 challenge. It was at pace. If you get it wrong, no matter WHY you get it wrong it is your responsibility as you went in for the challenge. Ramsey didn't make Shawcross lunge in for the ball, Shawcross made that decision himself. There was no intent by either party but that doesn't matter. If you get it right you have no responsibility since you have not broken any laws. If you fly in with a tackle and miss, it is your fault, regardless of WHY you are responsible. I don't see how this is so hard for people to understand.

Perhaps those that play sport actually understand, it's quite hard for some to judge on why football laws are in place like this from an armchair.

Trem

I don't see how this is so hard for people to understand.

Perhaps those that play sport actually understand, it's quite hard for some to judge on why football laws are in place like this from an armchair.

It isn't hard to understand and from someone who was watching the game the ball was there to be won, it wasn't like Ramsey was doing a dribble and Shawcross dived in, Ramsey *barely* had the ball did he now? If you watch the close up replay Ramsey sort of kicked into Shawcross as Shawcross went for the tackle, so Ramsey kicking + Shawcross sliding = damage.

I watched it in my armchair and I used to play quite a lot, I was quite good as well, either way its blatantly obvious to everyone apart from Wenger and Arsenal supporters that both were to blame so both should of either not got punished or both get red cards.

Its this hysterics that is being printed over the back of all the papers this morning, one picture of Shawcross walking off and Sorensen patting him on the back, the headline read 'Sorensen consoles Shawcross for being sent off' which we all know is utter bullshit, the lad was crying before he got a red card, he was clearly gutted far before the ref sent him off.

These headlines keep the people who don't know their arse from their elbows happy though I guess.

rynnor

Rockhound
But he had the ball.

Shawcross had the ball - played it a few feet ahead then they both came in at speed to control it. Its at worst a yellow and many such clashes where there is no injury theres often not even a free kick.

I see - your right everyone else is wrong - odd how all the pundits who played at the top level didnt see anything terrible in the tackle tho eh? :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I never said there was anything in the tackle that was bad, malicious or wrong.

It is simply late and dangerous, whether HE MEANT IT OR NOT. Late and dangerous tackles happen often, and normally result in a red card if refereed correctly. It is not a question of me being right or you or anyone else being wrong. It is a question of whether the referee did the correct thing in sending him off, and by the LAWBOOK he has done right.

Whether or not you think the lawbook is right in this case is another matter, but why are you trying to argue with me? It's a red card by the laws of the game as they currently are, that's ALL I'm saying.

I know FULL WELL there was no intent, that it was a 50-50 and that it was highly unfortunate. This does not mean that the player should not be carded though, does it?

Trem

I never said there was anything in the tackle that was bad, malicious or wrong.

It is simply late and dangerous, whether HE MEANT IT OR NOT. It is not a question of me being right or you or anyone else being wrong. It is a question of whether the referee did the correct thing in sending him off, and by the LAWBOOK he has done right.

Whether or not you think the lawbook is right in this case is another matter, but why are you trying to argue with me? It's a red card by the laws of the game as they currently are, that's ALL I'm saying.

I know FULL WELL there was no intent, that it was a 50-50 and that it was highly unfortunate. This does not mean that the player should not be carded though, does it?

Thats right it was a 50/50 ball so why red card one player and not the other? Ramsey went for the ball as much as Shawcross, as you said yourself it was a 50/50 ball. So on that thinking BOTH should of been red carded or neither.

The ref was not doing Shawcross a favour by sending him off, he could of easily been subbed if he didn't feel he could carry on.

Marc

FH is my second home
It is simply late and dangerous, whether HE MEANT IT OR NOT. Late and dangerous tackles happen often, and normally result in a red card if refereed correctly.

No they dont.

If they did there would be like 50 red cards issued per saturday across the leagues.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Perhaps if the cockend Arsenal player hadn't been tugging Shawcross's shirt, he might have gotten to the ball sooner.

50/50 tackle, nobody's fault. Ramsey was unlucky, that's all.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ballacks tackle on Tevez was from behind, feet off the floor and made with intent and he got a second yellow card :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom