Aah...silly corporation policy.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
My boss and bosses boss, the upper two steps, have made this new policy that "every day sick needs a doc-slip".

Fair enough.

Today morning felt ickly, feverish and tummyyummyburns.

Reported in, boss says the usual "Well go to a doctor still.", while i was just planning on taking this day easy.

Now back from the doc and the doc sent me on a three day sickleave.

Sickleave in finland=full pay, can't go to work as insurance doesn't cover sickdays.

So, instead of me being away today, their new policy prevents me from going to work until thursday :lol:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
What will you then be using these new found three days off for?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What will you then be using these new found three days off for?

Hunting more jobs! :lol:

Actually i just recieved the complete Doctor Who set so....might go for a marathon.

Or continue the book.

Orr....umm...nah, i think my vacation starts today as thursday is the last day of work before a 2 week vacation :D

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
The company is going to profit from that rule on the long run. People who are feeling sick usually tend to avoid the hassle of going to a doctor and asking for a doc slip, so they most likely bite the bullet and get somehow through the day at work.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The company is going to profit from that rule on the long run. People who are feeling sick usually tend to avoid the hassle of going to a doctor and asking for a doc slip, so they most likely bite the bullet and get somehow through the day at work.

The funny thing is, it's not company wide, it's just for "our group" and the bosses don't follow it.

So it's "illegal" as sh*t, but since it works like this, hell, why me worry :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There was this interesting bit though, 'cause i've been hearing my own heartbeat(i hope) on my left ear, like it's "muffled", but my ear feels fine and it's not blocked BUT my right ear showed signs of inflamation.

Lucky it's no "tat tat tat tat" sound in my ear :D

Still freaky to wake up in the morning like your ear is against someones chest.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Doesnt your country have laws over this?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
It's actually illegal to ask for a note for less than 3 days in the UK, not sure about Fin.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
If in the UK you had to have a sick note the NHS would grind to a halt.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Most likely illegal here too, but if they want to go down this road, i'm not doing anything illegal and almost every doc orders a 2day for even a light tummy ache.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Having the shits is a fail safe for a sick day. You cant go in cos your squirting water and you cant go in cos youll pass it on to everyone else.

The best one I pulled was saying the furniture at work was giving me a skin condition and the doc said I needed two days off to cream it etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom