A warning towards all guilds.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
well, recently reduco has experenced a kind of annoying thing. Here's the talk on rightnow between goa and me.
I hate putting this kind of stuff on a public board, but I feel that goa's inaction has left me with little choice. Have a nice read..
rightnow said:
me said:
Server: Prydwen
Character: Ingafgrinn
Guild: Reduco ad Honore
Guildhouse: 2162, Moror, Wyndham

Good day,
Someone from our guild has emptied out all valuable items from the vaults of our guildhouse. I know you cannot return them, but could you check who made the last big transactions from the guildvault?

Thanks in advance,
-myrealname-
-aka-
Ingafgrinn Macabre
them said:
Hello,

Thank you for your request.

I have investigated this matter and found that characters Ozotols and Nomadxl transfered a _lot_ of items out of the vaults on the 10th of December.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
me said:
Hello,
First of all, thanks a lot for the previous message. After a stringent talk to Ozotols we managed to get most of the stuff back.
I have taken some screenshots which are visible here
please first take a look at the picture named ozotols_001_chat.jpg
In here he contradicts himself, at first saying that he wants to know why I ask him if he knows nomadxl, but nearing the end saying that he plainly doesn't know him. When he replaced the items, he needed someone to deposit the items in the vaults since I immediately changed rankrestrictions to the vaults. Ozotols told this guildmember that he had a cottage, which made me curious because he said that Ozotols was his only character, at the time level 25. No way that a character at level 25 on his own can honestly get enough money.
I browsed thru the housing xml files searching for "Reduco" and found that Ozotols owned house number 2291 and Nomadxl owned house number 2296.
For two people that do not know each other that's remarkably close together. So I set off to those houses, and found out that they are actually neighburs. Not only that, but for a level 25 Ozotols has a remarkably well-filled consignment merchant. Also there is this guildbanner-bug for which I am since this matter extremely gratefull. if you change guilds, the banners don't always change along. I found out that the banner on nomadxl's house wasn't reduco ad honore's banner, but belonged to "The Salamanders". Which in turn made me wonder if ozotols or nomadxl also made their appearance in that guild, and if they also robbed their vaults. Spoke a while to the guildmaster of "The Salamanders" and it turned out that there also was a character named nomadxi (level 12) in his guild. I think he also said that ozotols has been in his guild, but I do not quite know that for sure anymore. I forgot to take a screenshot of that chat. Anyway, nothing had happened in their guild, but I think that that is only the case because their vaults already had ranklimits on them.

Ozotols house also was locked. I could, as a guildy, not enter his house, which made me wonder what he had to hide.. perhaps a large bed and a bar that also miraculously disappeared from our guildhouse? I don't know, but I do know that I called for an alliance GM meeting at that moment to warn the other guilds. There were a few that also had experiences with the two characters and that they apparently switch guilds every month orso, act as newbie to get items etc etc.

Considering all this I hope Goa will take appropriate measures towards the both accounts, of who I now presume that they are controlled by one and thesame person.

With regards,
-myrealname-

PS. Should you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
me said:
PS. I hope you could also remove all the characters from both accounts from the guild Reduco ad Honore. I could remove ozotols and nomadxl, but then I would not know if there would remain any slumbering characters of this person.

Thanks in Advance
-myrealname-
them said:
Hello,

Thank you for your update.

I have removed the characters you requested (and any others on the accounts) from your guild. However you ask us to "take appropriate measures towards them" and I'm afraid I can not do this. Although it's very clear that what happened was "lame" it was not against any rules. You gave people rights to take items from the house and vaults and that is what he did. He didn't hack anything he only used the rights that were given to him.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Thanx for the warning m8y, we also had this problem with some guild members, but im sure it wasnt the same names as this.

Either way they wont be joining RS

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
allways lame when this happens, it's nice that you got most of the stuffs back tho =)

Nate

FH is my second home
nice to see goa done something tho, they helped u out quite a lot there i think :cheers: i think all guilds should have realised now that this happens, only guild masters or senior officers should have access to the guild vaults and if a guildee would like to take an item or put in an item should get in contact..sure it's nice to be able to have that kinda trust, but these type of people are in more number then most would like to think :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Had exactly the same situation a cuople of months ago in my guild. Some lowbie emptied our entire guildvault and sold the items to merchants. I RightNowed it and - according to their reply - classified this exploit of rights as harrasment and took actions against the player.

Best thing to do is set your guildvault remove rights to officers only.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Had exactly the same situation a cuople of months ago in my guild. Some lowbie emptied our entire guildvault and sold the items to merchants. I RightNowed it and - according to their reply - classified this exploit of rights as harrasment and took actions against the player.

Best thing to do is set your guildvault remove rights to officers only.
Yeah, we've got the two highest vaults set to officer access only. The lowest vault now is open to two ranks below the officers, but only lowbie and relatively unexpensive stuff in there..

Nate said:
nice to see goa done something tho, they helped u out quite a lot there i think :cheers: i think all guilds should have realised now that this happens, only guild masters or senior officers should have access to the guild vaults and if a guildee would like to take an item or put in an item should get in contact..sure it's nice to be able to have that kinda trust, but these type of people are in more number then most would like to think :(
I'm afraid that goa actually only supplied me with both names after the first mail, and removed them from the guild. All the information I found out I did with the information I searched for myself in cooperation with a few GM's and guildies of mine... :/

CuddleBunny!

Banned
if you dont want to give away the items, dont put them in a open vault? o_O have one closed one, for officers only, that you can put valuable stuff in, and have a open one for random crap? o_O never had this problem before.... only problem i had with guildvault, is having trouble finding the owner of a sertain scroll in the guilds scroll-vault, to ask for permition to grab it :eek:
but then, i been in mostly nice guilds =0)

close your vaults. problem solved.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
When housing came out, there was a huge warning on the herald about this sort of thing, and unfortunately there are always people who will take advantage of an open vault, even one of RD's GMs decided on the day he left the game to do this to us, and it cost us our guild house (we used CM monies to pay rent, he emptied it!). Its a lesson I hoped others wouldnt go through, but it seems there are still greedy people around.

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, as a loyal member of RaH, i was the onne who helped this *nerf* transfer all items back, and i would like to supply ppl of the way he "operates" and his method of acting when online. At first he seems ok, but soon he will ask evry1 about money and PL. "Can any1 take me to moderna pls?" , is a stadard sort of question for him. He will also beg money out of evry1 he meets, claiming he needs new armor or the like. And after he emptied our vaults he asked on ozotools how he could use Wings Dive, so apperently he hast ll of a lot of knowledge about the game... I hope u find this info usefull, and if in doubt dont hesitate to contact me for more information or the like. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aberrathien Lvl 50 Zerker
Haerralith Lvl 48 Thane
Uburutian lvl 44 SM
Shortfathealer Lvl 26 Healer
Aberssister Lvl 22 Warlock
Eystorvala Lvl 17 Valk

Vancleaver

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the warning Ingaf.

We had a request to jon Venom tonight from Nomadxl......

Thanks to your post Ingaf, we decided not to invite him & i got the pleasure of telling him just how welcome he was......

Vanc.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Vancleaver said:

Thanks to your post Ingaf, we decided not to invite him & i got the pleasure of telling him just how welcome he was......

Vanc.

u did didnt u :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Vancleaver said:

Vanc.

Glad I could be of service ;)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
That was a nice service from GoA. They did the right thing. Nomad will have trouble joining any guild with those characters after a post like this, so in that way he have been punished. You should not expect them to take any action towards their accounts, as he simply did what you allowed him to do in the first place. Sure, it's pretty obnoxius but it's within the rules.

Just be glad he is gotten rid of and you got most your items back. :)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Latest development is theyre trying to make a guild of their own....so heads up :p

/Dracus

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Nomadxl begged me for pl today :p told him to f*ck off and go earn his items and lvl's

Mey

Part of the furniture
I thought Goa had something about spirt of the game / community?

Atleast i'm sure they were bounding that around when they were handing out suspensions for this kind of thing...

(could be wrong)

lmb

Fledgling Freddie
Report him for account sharing.

He clearly says his friend has been using his account for the last 2 weeks in the ozotols_001_chat.jpg screenshot.

Teach the git a lesson

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Just a question,

Account shearing is totally out of the question?
So i cant log in a friends account to pay rent ? or i cant log in a friends crafter to craft le something?

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
lmb said:
Report him for account sharing.

He clearly says his friend has been using his account for the last 2 weeks in the ozotols_001_chat.jpg screenshot.

Teach the git a lesson

i agree with u m8. I think some people use a friends account or 2 for paying house, crafting, test their chars or whatever and personly i dont see the crime in that (personly i am the only user of my account :) ). But when we have proof and the guy is bad from the beginning i see no reason why not to take advantage of that tbh. I would very much like to se people with that kinda "playing-style" bannet or punished in some way but GOA is right , people are taking a chanse when having guild valuts open, but wo would belive that someone in their guild would play like that (change from guild to guild and take advantage of them in nasty ways). It hurts me that our guild (RaH) had people like that

Sorenti

Fledgling Freddie
Ok reading all this and having been in this game a loooong time lol....

Should there not be some kind of tool in game to be able to ban someone's entire account from your guild - with the effect that even if they go create new alts and try to join your guild, the game automatically refuses them, even if one of your guild members invites them to join?

Or is there already and I've just missed it? lol

For example, I join Guild Roxxors with my character "Mr. A" - after I while I am given access to vaults, I clear them out, get kicked from the guild etc etc. then go make a new alt "Mr. Z" and in a few weeks I get invited to join the same guild, clear their vaults yet again - rinse and repeat.

Is there a way to permanently block someone's account from guild entrance? If not shouldn't Goa be working on one?

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Sorenti said:
Ok reading all this and having been in this game a loooong time lol....

Should there not be some kind of tool in game to be able to ban someone's entire account from your guild - with the effect that even if they go create new alts and try to join your guild, the game automatically refuses them, even if one of your guild members invites them to join?

Or is there already and I've just missed it? lol

For example, I join Guild Roxxors with my character "Mr. A" - after I while I am given access to vaults, I clear them out, get kicked from the guild etc etc. then go make a new alt "Mr. Z" and in a few weeks I get invited to join the same guild, clear their vaults yet again - rinse and repeat.

Is there a way to permanently block someone's account from guild entrance? If not shouldn't Goa be working on one?

Very easy tip for this ... you make a special group in your house settings that doesn't have rights to enter the guildhouse. And another group that gives everybody permission to enter (as most guilds have it I guess).

When you want to ban someone from the guild you just do /housefriend account [charname] and set him in the group that DOESN'T have rights to enter the house.

Now when they want to join the guild you ask them to come to your guildhouse... if they can't enter then that means you banned that account from your house.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Very easy tip for this ... you make a special group in your house settings that doesn't have rights to enter the guildhouse. And another group that gives everybody permission to enter (as most guilds have it I guess).

When you want to ban someone from the guild you just do /housefriend account [charname] and set him in the group that DOESN'T have rights to enter the house.

Now when they want to join the guild you ask them to come to your guildhouse... if they can't enter then that means you banned that account from your house.

Genius mate. :worthy:
remember to do it on their BB account too :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom