A very sweet Red Alert 3 preview

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Haha, hellmarch rules Toh, I know what you mean, hellmarch2 was good, cant wait to hear the 3rd one, ofcourse it will be there! What red alert game would dare to leave that staple of the series out? :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
C&C 3 turned out to be rather cack at the end of the day, so im being rather wary of this at the moment, coop campaign could be interesting tho, time, and a demo, shall tell

:(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
isnt it just same shit newer graphics?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
same shit as tanya then, she was essentially a ninja unless there was a guard dog around.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
RA3 vs SC2 :D

No no no! Stop using SC2 when talking about Starcraft, use StaC or some other form, but SC2 is reserved for the greatest game ever to grace any platform with it's presence...Starcontrol 2!

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Hi guys.

I would recommend that you all shake hands for 2 minutes with the nearest cow.

Your Wonklee.

Lethul

FH is my second home
No no no! Stop using SC2 when talking about Starcraft, use StaC or some other form, but SC2 is reserved for the greatest game ever to grace any platform with it's presence...Starcontrol 2!

Then why do you assume i talked about starcraft 2 ? Maybe i meant Starcontrol?! :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Pfft, Starcontrol 2 wasn't as good as Warlords 3 Darklords Rising and wasn't even in the same league as Elite : Frontier!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Pfft, Starcontrol 2 wasn't as good as Warlords 3 Darklords Rising and wasn't even in the same league as Elite : Frontier!

Elite owned :)

Yesterday i started playing X3:Reunion, almost the same. Lots of fun flying around in space roxing pirates :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Elite owned :)

Yesterday i started playing X3:Reunion, almost the same. Lots of fun flying around in space roxing pirates :)

I quite like X3, sometimes I get into it and play for a week or so, get right into it, get a mini fleet up and going to play in the xenon sectors, but then it just gets a little "MEH", and think wtf's the point? its a little too non-linear in a way for me.

I put a mod on my X3 that lets me build Babylon5 EA Omega's and star destroyers hehe :D great fun :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Elite : Frontier? Good? *cough*

Right, well, i could've accepted saying "Elite+ is way better", but saying frontier is better, or Warlords 3 for f*cks sake...that's just...wrong in so many levels.

If you're gonna "own" me with a better game, atleast choose a good one.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I put a mod on my X3 that lets me build Babylon5 EA Omega's and star destroyers hehe :D great fun :D

Now that sounds kickass! :D Just need all the other Bab5 alien ships in and we are rocking.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Elite : Frontier? Good? *cough*

Right, well, i could've accepted saying "Elite+ is way better", but saying frontier is better, or Warlords 3 for f*cks sake...that's just...wrong in so many levels.

If you're gonna "own" me with a better game, atleast choose a good one.

Bleh you don't have a clue! :p Warlords 3 was fucking ace for it's time and probably accounted for over 2000 hours of my life in the last decade, as for Elite : Frontier I am sorry but that game was just leaps and bounds ahead of anything else ever made in that genre. Literally having 100's of millions of star systems to explore, being able to play both factions or become a pirate combined with 1000's of missions and a killer trading system, I am sorry but you are just WRONG! :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Warlords was alright, yes, for a strategy game, but it didn't hold the same candle as the previous ones.

Elite :Frontier was, agreed, a great space simulator but come on...story, entertainment, humor, freedom in such a game, Starcontrol 2 has to be the best movie'esque entertainment game.

AND, Starcontrol 2 holds the test of time!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Warlords was alright, yes, for a strategy game, but it didn't hold the same candle as the previous ones.

Elite :Frontier was, agreed, a great space simulator but come on...story, entertainment, humor, freedom in such a game, Starcontrol 2 has to be the best movie'esque entertainment game.

with chodax on this one, starcontrol isnt even a scratch on elite tbh in both scale and depth

It can arguably have the sc2 title but we will have to wait and see, it had nowhere near a fanbase starcraft has so we will see how people take to sc2

And everyone know THE best competative strategy game is warcraft 3

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
with chodax on this one, starcontrol isnt even a scratch on elite tbh in both scale and depth

If we were to compare Elite+ and SC2, then i'd give it to Elite ofcourse, but as such, Elite: Frontier was a disappointment.

Might weigh on my scale unfairly, but, it just wasn't that good.

Now choosing between Privateer and Starcontrol 2...then i'd have to think.

Anyhoo, yes, Frontier had some things bigger, but earlier points stand on why SC2 takes the cake for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom