A Trolls Tale by Grivne Kelmorian (prologe)

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
It was an early morning, many years ago…

The large troll woke up in his bed, grabbing the huge, old hammer that were resting against the bed.

He sharpened his ears, listening, he had defenatly heard something. A low, dark sound coming from the open window.

His old eyes, still sharp after many years of battles with the enemies of his native land, saw a shadow, a shadow sneaking against the wall towards the door. He grunted, as he was tired and wanted to go back to sleep, and walked over to the window. He grabbed the shadow around the neck and pulled it out in the moonlight coming from the window.

His face didn’t even move when he saw the young girl.

It was Dwera, his only child, blessed with eternal, or at least extended youth.

That is something that runs in there family. As himself, Grivne as our troll is named, is the son of Aasgaar, a respected troll skald who died defending the ancient relics of the lands, covering it with his body to prevent the enemies from capturing it.
Grivne is also the son of Freia, the godes of nature. The powers combined in these two might be the reason of Grivnes and Dweras long lives.

Dwera, who now had stumbled in threw the window after a night out at the local tavern had awakened her father.
She knew he wasn’t what he once was. When her mother had died, he had done nothing but drink ale, not the regular kind, but the strong kind the dwarves make. He had been sleeping long and been in many fights at taverns all over the land.

But she knew, she knew that her father had a heart of gold. She giggled and looked up at him, saying:

- Father, go back to sleep. Tomorrow is a new day to be lived.

Her father mumbled something in his own language that not even the wisest of the runemasters knew.

- Oogha, ni na…mi Dwera si da dwi.

In the native tongue this means something similar to “My sweet, you fill my heart with joy every time I see you, my Dwera.”

Dwera smiled and gave her father a hug and he kisses her forehead. And she snuck out of the room and in her hers.

Grivne went back to bed. He put his hammer back at the bed and fell asleep. He dreamt of his many adventures around the world. He dreamt about the time he defended an outpost against an overwhelming number of enemies, and won. He dreamt about the time when he saved his daughter from an evil enemy who were about to cut her throat. Before he fell asleep he prayed, he prayed to Freia to come and lift him up from his misery and give him the will to fight again.

The next morning Dwera woke up by loud bangs and the sounds of steel against steel. She got dressed in a hurry and grabbed her swords and axes jumping out the door. The sight she saw made her stop, made her paralysed.
She saw her father standing up with his hammer and shield facing non less then 5 pirates that had came to raid their house and village. He fought the pirates with such rage and anger that when he had put three of them to the ground the other two fled in fear of the trolls rage.
Dwera put her swords at her sides and just looked at her father.
He was glowing, glowing with the power of the gods. The power of Thors lightning were pouring out of his weapons as he were standing with the sun raising over his back.
Dwera came over to him and asked:

- Father? Are you all right?
- Yes my child, I have been reborn.

He replied with a large smile on his face that Dwera hadn’t seen in many, many years, infact, she hadn’t seen her father smile since the day her mother died.

She saw her father wearing the necklace her mother had given him, a large iron hammer in a chain, the hammer head and the shaft was tied together with a lock of her long, brown hair. This hammer was the source to his courage and will to fight and protect.

He walked over to Dwera, lifted her up on his arm as he use to do when she was just a little girl. Looked in her eyes and told her:

- The gods have called for me, my child. I must join my brothers in arms in defence of Midgard and the holy lands. Our enemies are knocking down our doors. Therefore Thor has called for his sons. I must go now; I am expected before the next sunrise.

She lay her head on his shoulder, a tear coming from her eye and she grabs his neck.

- Please father let me come with you! I have trained for a very long time now and my fighting skills have improved a lot.

Grivne grunted and closed his eyes.

- You are just like your mother, stubborn, eager and always wanting to be my side. I know you wont take no for an answer, but I don’t like it. Want nothing to happen to you! Pack your things, weapons and venoms. We leave for Jordheim after dinner.

Dwera smiled and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

- Thank you father. You must have someone to look after you on the battlefield.

Grivne put his daughter down and walked back in to the troll cave to begin packing his things.

This is the first part about the return of the troll Thane Grivne Kelmorian. Hope you like it, suggestions are welcome. :)

//Grivne

Luktar

Loyal Freddie
nice story.. only one flaw.. how can a thane kill 3 pirates.. ;-)

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
a trolls daughter can use venoms... i assume this means that the daughter isnt a troll... hmm dont think i really want to look any further into that one

A

Aoln

Always thought Dwera looked like a bit of a troll :p

Take it to creative forums :)

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
:d

well done grivie :) and nice story :D

Dwera is like shrek...at night she turns into a big ugly ogre...i mean troll like griv :p :kissit:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
nice one m8 ..very enjoyable ..read the sequel to this ..any more inc soon ? v.good

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Dwera Grivnesdottir has a meaning u c :]

How u can get a norsie from a troll I dunno :]

Was sweet anyhoe

Happy easter dwera :wub:

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Dwera Grivnesdottir has a meaning u c :]

How u can get a norsie from a troll I dunno :]

Was sweet anyhoe

Happy easter dwera :wub:

her mother is the greek godess of love.. Aphrodite! ;>

magic you see :>

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Im Dwera's real father :(

The truth had to come out eventually, we both have that extreme pwness factor that Grivne never had :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom