A tribute: Your top 3 reasons DAOC is still the best pvp MMO

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
I love DAOC, and ever since the EU servers died I've missed the game. Wow, WAR, AOC, Aion, Guild Wars, I've tried em all and none gave me the same amazing experience in pvp. Now that servers are alive again years later after ywain merge, Im back and I love it! As a tribute to my favourite game, I thought it would be fun to list the reasons we love DAOC. Here's my top 3 reasons:

1) Classes are easily recognizable. You can pick your targets with care, and you know who you're up against in the zerg. This makes for highly tactical battles, as opposed to "kill-the-nearest-guy-and-move-on-to-next-nearest-guy"-fights that you often see in other games. In DAOC, if you dont take out the messer and healer first, make sure your own messer and healer can do their job, you just wont win. Assist trains is also a tactic that I havent come across in other games, something that requires coordination.

2) 3 realms. Amazing! A three way war, enough said!

3) A Wide variety of classes, that mirror the realms, yet have differences, which makes for unique combinations with unique tactics in duos, trios and groups. Bard/encht duo is played differently than skald/valk or scout/inf.

Marc

FH is my second home
DAoC PvP I used to think was the best and would never be beaten. That rush you got when someone shouted "inc" on comms was awesome. I suppose it still is the best if you just wanna log on smash some things and then log off without having to think too much. But for me, its not the best these days, nowhere near.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It used to be the best, now its barely playable. Since they boosted RPs its just been a dick fest.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
It used to be the best, now its barely playable. Since they boosted RPs its just been a dick fest.

Wouldn't go that far - it's still playable. You just need to lower your expectations of the game these days. RP boost patch / dopple quests / current DF quest is a bit rubbish but the youth of today do like to see their numbers go up.

It's no UO and it's no Eve but it's not bad (and requires about 1/10th of the effort of Eve and these days that's a good thing for me).

Everz

FH is my second home
1) Theres nothing else on the market
2) Theres nothing else on the market
3) Theres nothing else on the market

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
I stopped trying to play new games...

Just disapoints me, and i go back to daoc.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I would have said that but I went back to join friends and tried to persuede some others to join us. The original lot then left and the ones that I was trying to persuede went to another realm.

Guess that says a lot more about me than I should let on.

delete

Can't get enough of FH
DAoC PvP I used to think was the best and would never be beaten. That rush you got when someone shouted "inc" on comms was awesome. I suppose it still is the best if you just wanna log on smash some things and then log off without having to think too much. But for me, its not the best these days, nowhere near.

please tell me what game has better pvp.

Logi

Part of the furniture
I would have said that but I went back to join friends and tried to persuede some others to join us. The original lot then left and the ones that I was trying to persuede went to another realm.

Guess that says a lot more about me than I should let on.

Wow really? Thats gay... Its not you but ur friends, whenever i move to another realm i invite everyone to cme with me. Spent alotta time and plat temping all my friends molvik templates lol, but i dont mind, without them i wouldnt hav enjoyed daoc as i am now.

Shame on ur friends tbh! :(

Everz

FH is my second home
Wow really? Thats gay... Its not you but ur friends, whenever i move to another realm i invite everyone to cme with me. Spent alotta time and plat temping all my friends molvik templates lol, but i dont mind, without them i wouldnt hav enjoyed daoc as i am now.

Shame on ur friends tbh! :(

Force your friends to play with you? If they find it shit, then they find it shit, end of.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i'll give 3 reasons daoc was the best mmo pvp wise pre toa and 3 reasons why its shit today.

pre-toa

1. no retarded items that turn you into superman
2. awesome rvr zones
3. no mls, cls, silly passive bonuses from items

daoc-present

1. nowt but zerg add zerg add zerg add zerg add ego ego zerg add zerg add
2. shit rvr zones, wank keep designs, piss poor class balance
3. bent items (see ml10/dragon shit) passive bonuses/stat caps, shit ra's (yes even the new aug x 9 etc) mls, cls.

Everz

FH is my second home
emphasize "invite everyone = my friends"?

Saying 'shame on your friends' tends to lean towards it's there fault for not coming with you or finding the game a steaming pile of dung.

Logi

Part of the furniture
Saying 'shame on your friends' tends to lean towards it's there fault for not coming with you or finding the game a steaming pile of dung.

You keep shit talking about this game yet you're still here? I simply cannot comprehend how someone clings so much to something he seemingly hates.
I just had to let that out.

on topic: I said "shame on your friends" because they left him on his own. There is no information whatsoever from genedril that states that they find the game a "steaming pile of dung". There isnt any information of genedril disliking the realm that his friends went to, which makes me conclude that his friends had left him on his own and did not invite him to the realm they went to.

Marc

FH is my second home
EVE ofc dont you know this?!

In my opinion it has. The 2 arent even close. You could fly a jumbo jet between the gap.

IBT "i played eve for a week and the PvP was crap"

http://evenews24.com/

More PvP shit happens in 1 day than in a year in DAoC. Eve is a sandbox, the PvP posibilities are endless

Genedril

Part of the furniture
You keep shit talking about this game yet you're still here? I simply cannot comprehend how someone clings so much to something he seemingly hates.

on topic: I said "shame on your friends" because they left him on his own. There is no information whatsoever from genedril that states that they find the game a "steaming pile of dung". There isnt any information of genedril disliking the realm that his friends went to, which makes me conclude that his friends had left him on his own and did not invite him to the realm they went to.

Almost - friends that I joined had RL issues and so stopped. Friends that I tried to persuede went to a realm I'd already played on EU and don't fancy doing all over again.

Net result is I'm left with toons I quite like but even the new friends I've made are about to jump ship and as I said before I cba with the whole re-roll. If I wanted to take my gaming seriously again I'd play Eve :).

Dard

Part of the furniture
Almost - friends that I joined had RL issues and so stopped. Friends that I tried to persuede went to a realm I'd already played on EU and don't fancy doing all over again.

Net result is I'm left with toons I quite like but even the new friends I've made are about to jump ship and as I said before I cba with the whole re-roll. If I wanted to take my gaming seriously again I'd play Eve :).

Abandoned'd! Sorry dude :(

Genedril

Part of the furniture
No worries mate - I understand that RL comes first.

If I didn't then I'd join some hardcore Eve corp :).

Hope you're doing ok mate!

Everz

FH is my second home

It's the forum not the game that I cling to ;).

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
1) The people i met playing DaoC have been really awesome
2) Your first MMO will always be special
3) The 8v8 Format is awesome and unique, and its unmatched to this date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom