A Tip For Paladin Dueling

D

darbey

Originally posted by Negura`
im sure they all knew that - but im sure that they all know its a lame way of winning - no skill really

How on earth is that lame using the abilities u are given for gods sake? , its certainly more skillful than hitting stick and bashing away on your best style.

A

AbPoon

Kikikikiki Yog has very bad temper yes? xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

V

Vim

Summary of this thread: Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah WAAAAAAAAAH Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah WAAAAHHH

I only duel my friar with a friend's armsman, this thread proves why. You can endlessly argue is IP/Purge/FA a cheat, is Pally healing himself a cheat, but the fact remains: It's upto player himself if he wants to use it

Solution: only duel your friends.

Another fact is that duels don't really prove nothing as Miss/Block/Parry/Evade are % based skills. Some might get lucky and parry evade block parry when in the other hand he might triple miss. And then the opponent is like "ROFL LOL OMG OWNED HAHAH GIMP!" :rolleyes:

im sure they all knew that - but im sure that they all know its a lame way of winning - no skill really

What is skill then? DAOC's "skill" is all about using abilities given to you and knowing how the game works (Where stats cap, how to create most effective SC template, identifying enemies in RvR, knowing what skill to use in what situation). Winning a duel only by hitting styles [1-2-3 wee block now i hit 5!] doesn't need any more, actually much less skill. Also then again duels don't prove anything for the reasons that i said above.

But DAOC will never have term "skill" like it would be if you would be man vs man with swords in real life.

Same solution applies

Maybe by skill you mean who has best luck and best SC equipment. And yes i said above that it's "skill" to know how to create best equipment, however it's not Skillbased win if you win by your equipment

S

sorusi

Who gives a shit how good you are in duels, its in the field that counts! :p

S

skile

Why is it lame? It's very smart. And it's no RA. engage+50 shield+40(+)-chants+MoB II-more. Well then u can take on all keepguards and keep them busy while keepraiding basically :O.

S

skile

ofc it is - and fair enough use it in rvr - but duels between pple from same realm are ment to be "friendly" things as it were.... not an excuse to use some lame twat technique... none of the "top" paladins use that tactic, and still win - dont see why any1 else shud.

Paladins are different. Some spec high slash, high chants and less shield. Some spec high chants, less slash and high shield.
Shouldn't i be allowed to use bow in a duel? if specced 50 bow (which I'm not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom