A Tip For Paladin Dueling

A

**Aligro**

This is a sneaky technique but it saves ur ass..... If ur going down, run endurance chant and engage them (ensuring you are stuck to them) then proceed to double heal yourself to full health mixing in some end regen with it.

P.S probabbly best if you didn't try this with mercs as they can generally get past the blocks unless you got MOB 2.

N

Negura`

im sure they all knew that - but im sure that they all know its a lame way of winning - no skill really

O

old.chipper

aligro paladins are piss to take down they use a fast wep and u are screwed period. unless u have FH IP FA

J

Jiggs

well u can argue then then if i didnt put those points in FA/IP i could have MoP 3 etc

if u didnt spend the points its not my fault

H

Hit ^_^

Originally posted by Arnor2
fa/ip/purge=cheat in duels imho
and potions.

nothing beats a pally tho.
atleast not farek.

K

K0nah

the longer a fight goes on the more chance a pally has, he can afterall heal himself and give himself virtually endless endurance.
i'm 50/50 with farek really comes down to him having nasty blockin skillz and 9free seconds of dmg, if i purged the slam i think his chances would be very slim :p

S

stupidshady

my polearm is beginning to get vry useless against s/s tanks, tbh I only use it after purge or it NEVER gets trough :( I dont think thats good tbh, pole is supposed to be hard damage tough I see 2H mids/hibs hitting me harder then I hit them, so is it just me or is polearm getting useless

A

ab_fluid

its just you, polearm damage is still very nice

S

sigh

Engage = v lame.

but think about it ^^ pala v pala and one engages.. the other is going to hit unstyled, run heal chant, and rejuv him self..and if is better than you, he will kill you again. or pala v random class..pala enages...twist end and heal...what do you do to counter act this???? doh...stop hitting him ^^

K

Kagato.

Your just using your polearm wrong then, nothing can much me so far except for Friars, and thats 50/50 on landing the stun style, if they evade it, they win, if I land it, I win.

If someone uses engage I just stop using styles, no point wasting endurance.

But as for Aligros tactic, thats just very very lame. Wouldn't want to have to stoop that low to win a duel, grow a pair and fight.

V

vindicat0r

ye pallys are tough but if they use that trick, stop trying to hit them. then just get a good distance back and sit down and regain , if they try again do the same. ultimatly the pala will have to accept it and fight on or just /duel surrender. I have fought pala's with s/s and Pole. s/s is useless against Paladins , you have to kill a pala fast or not at all so go for the damage. If you land your Defenders first time, its looking very good but not certain. There really fun duels but some ppl feel the need to lower them :(

D

_dalmar_

whats so bad about using all your abilities in a fight? - no wonder albs suck if u all think its cheating to use abilities

S

sigh

ill give you a duel kagato, if you think friars are the only ones that can beat you.

N

Negura`

Originally posted by _dalmar_
whats so bad about using all your abilities in a fight? - no wonder albs suck if u all think its cheating to use abilities

rofl - dick - Its a duel with a realm mate - ment to be a friendly thing or smth - ofc you can engage and heal yourself for 5 mins and win - but you really gona think "cool that was close" when you can jus do no-skill lame tactic - feel free to do it then - lame

R

Rolo

It's an ability of the class, to not use it would be stupid.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by sigh
ill give you a duel kagato, if you think friars are the only ones that can beat you.

Havent we dueled already ? But sure im always happy to have another duel, i'll most likely be around Camelot or CS.

S

sorusi

Farek plays his paladin very well cant say hes very soft :p

Not sure but i dont think you can engage after you have hitted the person...

N

Negura`

Originally posted by Rolo
It's an ability of the class, to not use it would be stupid.

ofc it is - and fair enough use it in rvr - but duels between pple from same realm are ment to be "friendly" things as it were.... not an excuse to use some lame twat technique... none of the "top" paladins use that tactic, and still win - dont see why any1 else shud.

B

belth

Originally posted by sorusi
Not sure but i dont think you can engage after you have hitted the person...

You can, but you (or anyone else) can't damage them for some time. Or something to that effect :p

T

Tobold

Originally posted by Negura`
im sure they all knew that - but im sure that they all know its a lame way of winning - no skill really

no Skill?

im sorry, how do you play this game skillfully?

H

Herne

Paladin Duels

Tbh Pallies go down quite easily most of the time to my merc. Usually its in Alliance duels where the rules are no "active" RAs such as ip/ purge/ FH. Yet class abillities are allowed.

Usually my merc wins thanks to dual weilding. The secong blade always seems to get past block. tbh if I want to make it easier and the timers are up Dirty Tricks comes into play and flurry. Both natural merc abillities.

Paladins have beaten me b4 but it usually means they have more passive RAs. Friars rock though in duels.

As for 2 handed pallies my lvl 26 theurgist got a lvl 46 down to virtually zero hp, before he caught me and one shotted.

N

Negura`

Originally posted by Tobold

no Skill?

im sorry, how do you play this game skillfully?

d0 j00 li3k t3h inf1l z3rg?.... mmk....

C

Cawr

46? pfff Cawr's only 42 :p

The fact I didnt have shield didnt make much diff, twas those orrible Air pets of yours Chain stunning me.

Also I wasnt expecting to have to charge you down... so I gave you plenty of room to cast and didnt use taunt, Never again :)

Z

zotteke

Well, i got a lvl 45 paladin... and im full shield, rest chants ... so if i wasnt allowed to use engage and heal, then what? lol :)

But offcourse, with engaging u wont win a batle, so i just use it to open the battle and start with a block follow up.

and u cant engage if u target recently been hit(i think its 10 secs).

btw, SLAM or any other shield style does a lot of dmg on leather users, did 300+ dmg so far... and considering the stun, its doable. Just get high dex. (ask the friar to buff u ;))

... i once won from a friar without my plate or AF buff ... just slam :)

... same goes for infis.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by stupidshady
my polearm is beginning to get vry useless against s/s tanks, tbh I only use it after purge or it NEVER gets trough :( I dont think thats good tbh, pole is supposed to be hard damage tough I see 2H mids/hibs hitting me harder then I hit them, so is it just me or is polearm getting useless

polearms butcher mercs ...

can't parry two-handed weapons and they can parry me fine :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom