A thought about DAoC and WAR

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, this has probably been done before, but what if when WAR is released, Mythic and GOA adopt the SoE format (to an extent) and give DAoC as a freebie to anyone with a WAR subscription? One subscription, 2 games but all the content and updates for DAoC become free. I know they are up to giving DR away for free now on US, so it's not a huge hop from how things lie at present.

Admittedly the games are a bit similar which might make this a no-go, but it's just an idea :)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe they are afraid that more people would play DaoC than WAR if they did that? :D Not that I see anything wrong with that.. a sub is a sub.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
I cant see it really happening, EA will be monitoring the server figures for WAR very closely and i cant see mythic giving diversions to detract from that figure by making daoc free to WAR subscribers.

Although i do think they should re look at the subs prices and maybe propose a reduction by 50% once WAR goes live.

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
They could have it as a small add on, say EUR 15 for WAR and EUR 20 for both. People who only want to play WAR wouldn't pay the extra.

Since they control both games, there isn't any loss in doing it, especially if they make it so that you can play only one at once. (You don't get 2 separate accounts). Not doing it because they want to be able to determine exactly profitable WAR is, is in effect, giving up profit.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
They should do something like this - but given the complexities of the licensing and the differences between GOA and Mythic, what chances have we got of seeing anything like this?

I'm sure some people would whine that they have to pay more than someone else because they play on US DAoC servers and EU WAR servers.

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
Nah ..... give a free WAR subscription with each DAOC subscription and make it so the only way you can log on to a WAR server is by talking to a roaming NPC in each of the DAOC frontier zones.

Should spice things up a bit :kissit:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ok, this has probably been done before, but what if when WAR is released, Mythic and GOA adopt the SoE format (to an extent) and give DAoC as a freebie to anyone with a WAR subscription? One subscription, 2 games but all the content and updates for DAoC become free. I know they are up to giving DR away for free now on US, so it's not a huge hop from how things lie at present.

Admittedly the games are a bit similar which might make this a no-go, but it's just an idea :)

i know atleast Mythic were thinking about it but decided against it. and GOA just plainly said no.

peder

Fledgling Freddie
lol qesjteon. daoc died before when new game spoks of. with good designsers (likes me) daoc would be futures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom