A Suggestion

R

Recoil101

I dont profess to have a large collection of DVD's... however until Thursday I had a collection of about 150, some new, some old, some crap, some not so....

Thursday night I walked into my house to discover well over half my collection missing (along with my PS2 and some jewellery). No one was hurt, its only stuff but now I have to try and remember what is gone... its not easy

So to the point of this post... if you have a collection of DVD's I suggest you take a note of what you have, if the same thing happens its a pain in the ass trying to remember for the insurance claim :(

M

mank!

I'm one of those annoying people who regularly update a list of their CD's/DVD's for fun. Not so much fun but for whatever reason, which I have no idea what it is. Weird.

Good luck trying to remember it all though!

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Recoil101

So to the point of this post... if you have a collection of DVD's I suggest you take a note of what you have, if the same thing happens its a pain in the ass trying to remember for the insurance claim :(

I do believe some insurance companies don't cover such items too.

A

adams901

dont you need proof of purchase to claim them back?, or do you just tell them what was stolen?.

If you only have to tell them then you can easily get back more than you lost.

C

caLLous

Also, if you're sitting in a pub, discussing what DVD's you want to lend/borrow to/from a friend, it's really annoying if you can't remember them all! :eek:

Obviously not as serious as having them nicked, but still annoying. :(

W

whipped

Of course, one way to keep track of your DVD collection is with something like this. you can upload your collection list to their server. That way, if your PC is nicked as well, you still have a list.

My Collection

R

Recoil101

Re: Re: A Suggestion

Originally posted by Embattle

I do believe some insurance companies don't cover such items too.

I had heard this before and was quite worried about it, after all 80 DVDs is about 1600quid at worst to replace :( but we have been told by the Insurance co that it shouldnt be a problem....

M

mank!

Originally posted by caLLous
Also, if you're sitting in a pub, discussing what DVD's you want to lend/borrow to/from a friend, it's really annoying if you can't remember them all! :eek:

That happens to me all the fucking time. I think "ooh, I know what you'll like" and recommend it to them, and they'll ask what other CDs/DVDs you have and your mind will go blank :/

R

Recoil101

Originally posted by whipped
Of course, one way to keep track of your DVD collection is with something like this. you can upload your collection list to their server. That way, if your PC is nicked as well, you still have a list.

My Collection

Thanks Whipped :) all the ones that are left have been uploaded :) although Im not sure why its missing number 1 and 2 :eek:

O

Ono

It's one of my worst nightmares Recoil.

I have way over 300 DVDs now - some very rare and I was thinking just how easy it would be for some fucking scumbag to sell them if he managed to nick them.

What I started to do is update my DVDProfiler a bit more often - but still have not managed to complete the list.

Burglars are the scum of the earth and really, Tony Martin had the right idea. :eek:

E

ECA

Originally posted by Ono

Burglars are the scum of the earth and really, Tony Martin had the right idea. :eek:

That he fucking did.

J

jake cop

Being burgled is my worst fear. I have tonnes of electrical equipment, 2 laserdisc players, DVD, surround sound, 2 widescreen TVs, PC, laptop and more DVDs that any burgler could possibly carry. (There's your shopping list scum bags, come and get it).

I counter my fear by keeping a katana by my bedside and an M16 in the wardrobe. You'd be surprised how, well, surprised some Bracknell kappa twat gets when you pull a sword on him.

I must stop watching Highlander, it's having a bad influence on me.

A

adams901

I like the idea of the DVD profiler and is something I could use but isn't listing all your DVDs online kind of risky?, I mean what if the local house robbing scum happen to see your profile?, you would have given them a shopping list and they would know exactly what you have.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by jake cop

You'd be surprised how, well, surprised some Bracknell kappa twat gets when you pull a sword on him.

hehe sounds good. 'till he pulls out a gun and blows you away that is :/

J

jake cop

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
hehe sounds good. 'till he pulls out a gun and blows you away that is :/

You think the scum round here have guns? They have knives, sometimes bicycle chains. They're between 13 and 17 years old and like hanging round outside shops. They abuse old ladies in the street and put shop windows through with bricks. They walk towards people on the pavements and get them to walk around, even when it's a mother with a push chair. They have no future, no money and no education yet seem to have the fittest girls idolise them as they look miserable in their white kappa.

Yes I despise them, they are scum. They make it unsafe for my toddler to even listen out of the window in case he picks up some local slang for 'I will teach you a lesson lady'.

Yes they are afraid of swords, in fact they are afraid of anyone that doesn't bother to look them in the eye as he pushes them out of the way.

I will kill every one of them and bury them in a large open kappa grave... And they will know my name is Jake as I lay my vengeance upon them.

*ahem*

sorry.

T

Testin da Cable

I wouldn't know what the peeps around where you live use to entertain themselves. if you'd like my opinion I think the scum should be culled from the face of this planet. in fact, I think that anyone who behaves in the manner you describe should be warned...then thrashed to a bloody pulp to get the point through their heads. still, it's not a solution is it? mopping up the effect won't get rid of the cause, it will mearly stimulate the effect to dream up new and interesting ways of doing what they do.

there have been some threads in the general forum on this, and other subjects you may enjoy reading.

M

mank!

Someday a real rain will come and wipe this scum off the streets
Travis Bickle

J

jake cop

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
mopping up the effect won't get rid of the cause, it will mearly stimulate the effect to dream up new and interesting ways of doing what they do.

To be honest I don't think that will happen. The main problem with these scum is that they have no imagination, intellect or desire to become better than they are. They already think they're at the top of the social ladder and, strange as it may seem, sitting outside the spar drinking watered down cider and gobbing on the floor is a position younger kappa twats aspire to.

I don't think they're inherantly evil or malicious, just stupid and lack ambition. If they had the desire to do something, anything even remotely creative then the problem wouldn't be so great.

Maybe online gaming, maybe sport, perhaps even, perish the though, school work or a part time job. But no, cider, swearing and smoking are the height of their ambition. Their kind have been around for years now, they never die, they just evolve in doleites, single mothers and jail birds.

Christ, I sound like a seargent major.

T

Testin da Cable

I once considered an army career for myself. Thank all the gods my inherent lazyness saved me ;)

L

Lester

Life is too short to be making lists. If you get all your DVDs pinched just tell the insurance whatever and go and buy some new ones - if there were classics in your collection you can't do without, surely you will remember them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom