A sudden urge to build, create and construct!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Hello fellow FreddyHousidans!

My girlfriend and I have now for a long time been lacking a good lamp to hang over our dining table. I got a kick ass designer PH lamp, but she does not like the shade of red it has.. THEREFORE when I was sitting during my late night study session I stumbled upon this website

http://dosfamily.com/2011/01/lace-lamp/

Clearly the laces are not my cup of tea, but I was thinking of doing this with wollen strings in different colours instead and with a smaller balloon. What do you think?

This got me thinking about what else I could make out of really basic stuff and started looking for ideas. Found another website called www.ikeahackers.net and this really cool headboard that would fit into our bedroom beautifully:

image3.jpg

Kept on looking.. Treehouses, chairs, stuff for the kitchen or bathroom and eventually found this thing:

1319984350587.jpg

How cool is this? As a kid I would have fucking loved having something like this! The space underneath the bed has endless possibilities in forms if playing, storage and so forth. If I ever get a kid I will try to build something like this for him/her.

This guy is great as well! He builds tiny houses and some of his ideas are awesome:

Anyone made anything recently they want to share? :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That office chair has broken neck written all over it...

gohan

FH is my second home
That office chair has broken neck written all over it...
i thought that at first, but the only place it can fall off is like a metre to the right, and there's a pole in the middle. How often do you move in your chair? my bed is closer to my chair than those stairs are and i've never accidently hit my bed, so in retrospect it seem ok

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I reckon at least 3 wheels could fly over the edge and then it would be a very uncomfortable fall down the stairs. There isn't a lip or anything at the top of the stairs and it looks like it's just painted wood which the chair sits on - not the most non-slip surface I can think of.

/health and safety

I had a great bespoke cabin bed built into the end of my room when I was a kid. Desk and wardrobe underneath (with masses of space under the desk because there was a little L-shaped bit at the end of the room that the bed was built into) and a big bed on top with bits on either end for books and alarm clock etc. I miss that bed. :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The chair is on a non slip mat or similar your blind goons!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I spit on your "non slip mat or similar". You're not thinking like a kid. "Can I use the chair as a skateboard and hop down the stairs?" "How fast can I get the chair to fly off the ledge if I push it right back to the wall?" "Can I get the chair around the desk where this not at all nailed down dustbin sits?".

MysticG said:
Spoken like a true knee jerk Dad ;)

Spoken like someone who still remembers being a kid and has the scars to prove it.

rynnor

Rockhound
I like some of the idea's but first thing you'd definately want is carpet on the lowest floor surface - can u imagine how much stuff a kid is going to knock off that desk onto that wooden floor!

This is more of a look than a practical design - that pipework at the end of the bed doesnt look to code - a kid could get their head trapped under that.

Oh and the spiral staircase looks fiddly to build but is probably less safe than a simple straight ladder and would get in the way a lot more.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I spit on your "non slip mat or similar". You're not thinking like a kid. "Can I use the chair as a skateboard and hop down the stairs?" "How fast can I get the chair to fly off the ledge if I push it right back to the wall?" "Can I get the chair around the desk where this not at all nailed down dustbin sits?".

Spoken like someone who still remembers being a kid and has the scars to prove it.

exactly :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Im currently looking for an apartment. Ofc the sane thing to do is get a place thats already fixed up but I'd really really like to fix it up myself for once. Put my own work into it y'know. Makes it a 'real' home! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom