Science A small user interface test

Chilly

Balls of steel
death.png
Ignoring what the component shown is actually for, does anything about it strike you as odd? Specifically the sliders.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
the slider doesnt go through the middle of the sliding block, the line is slightly offset to the bottom

edit - its also way too cluttered

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd keep the slider at same length no matter if there's the travel option or not. Also it is a bit cluttered, bit more spacing could help.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I agree with what's been said already especially that it looks very cluttered / cramped. Some separator bars would help. Placeholder text ("Enter address") should typically be in italics. Also if I'm being really picky I'm not sure I like the pink on grey colour scheme :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Does the slider for place 2 get shorter (in line with place 1) once you've clicked the address and transport type? If it does, I'd suggest you shorten it to the "after click" length from the get go; sliders shouldn't change length once you've started playing with them.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
What's the big + sign for at the top left?

Also I find the two sliders confusing because I don't know what you have selected with the second slider: its the 30 minutes but I think the 30 should be a different colour or something

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It looks really cheap overall I am afraid.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ffs Chilly, your sliders are not of equal length you daft bugger :eek:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I can't see why but the whole thing looks odd and not very clear. I can't really work out what the problem is.

Chilly

Balls of steel
It doesnt make much sense without the rest of the UI. I was trying to convince my designer that the sliders are shit and need to be made equal at all times, instead of length mismatch like you see there.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I think the whole left hand column with the cross and pink/orange boxes should go if possible. The sliders should be the same length. "Places are your most important locations" could do with going too if possible.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I find the whole thing completely baffling. If I saw that on a website, I'd close that tab and go somewhere else. I wouldn't even bother trying to figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom