A scout without stealth...

S

skile

Recently I've started thinking of how to spec my scout as soon as i get a respec stone. I've given up solo, worst class ingame and buffbots makes it boring to play.

My thaughts:

Volley and Longshot are 2 good RA's, they are. With that spec I'll have the ability to r0x the b0x at keepdefences (and attacks)

Aye, what am I going to do then, when there are no keeps to defend? I won't solo, thats for sure.

Why should I have stealth if I don't want to solo. Ok, stealthgroups. No, theres no point. Even if i go out with some stealtherfriends theres no point. 20sbs to tackle in emain at primetime. Eventhough the buffed SB's deserve to get zerged (so does the buffed infs/ns as welll ofc).

= No stealth.

I'm saracen.

55 con
55 str
90 dex
70 quick

as base..

So melee, thrust is def the thing to have here. But to get a good use of thrust you need atleast 44 (wyvernfang). So I went of to catacombs to try it out. Here's the spec I came up with:

46 Longbow
42 Shield
44 Thrust

Pointless in going solo, so the only fun I can have is to group with the scout. So what RA's to get? Due to economics (getting volley and longshot) it costs to much getting Ignore pain.

I could get TS, but it's not worth it. Waste 10 RA points for revenge is not within my morals. I am going to max all my shooting abilities. Longshot will be good in group as i can shoot skalds/bards running away as well as shooting bards before they get in aoemezz range. Other than that I will get aug quick II and aug dex III for mastery of archery, get mastery of archery to III and after that going on HP(thoughness, AuC) and defensive RA's (dodger and MoB).

It's hard to get group as scout, I know. But I'm levling my mincer, and I'll have more fun soloing him than the scout. I'm aslo levling a sorc. But it will be FUN taking out the scout in emain and keepdefences as it makes a good allround char (decent melee, slam, fast and hard shooting bow).

Edit: I am aslo adjusting my SC-template to the 1.61 changes. Where I plan to get full use of the new buff abilities with quickness and dex. Will be a great drawspeed with all this together.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

46 Longbow
42 Stealth
44 Thrust

Umm...think you might need to change your spec point distribution to AVOID stealth. Try putting them in something else. ;)

G

gunner440

Originally posted by skile
i can shoot skalds/bards running away as well as shooting bards before they get in aoemezz range.

lol.

A

Aussie-

if you become a groupscout have this you need atleast
IP / Crit4 / AoM2 / MoA3 /MoP 2 /
otherwise, reroll
it's not like ppl will take you in a group if you're gonna say you're groupspecced. hf, lost time etc
all old scouts i know rerolled
me sorcer, tahn sorcer, secret wiz, ody theur, arken skald, eldric rm, pacificx caba etc etc

T

Tranquil-

That's Mythic's plan for Albion lacking sorcerers, get the scouts to reroll.

S

skile

Originally posted by Aussie-
if you become a groupscout have this you need atleast
IP / Crit4 / AoM2 / MoA3 /MoP 2 /
otherwise, reroll
it's not like ppl will take you in a group if you're gonna say you're groupspecced. hf, lost time etc
all old scouts i know rerolled
me sorcer, tahn sorcer, secret wiz, ody theur, arken skald, eldric rm, pacificx caba etc etc

Read my post again :). Reason I'm respeccing this scout is not to play him as my RvsR main, not at all (I think that showed in the post). I'm already rolling a mincer AND a sorc :p. So the reroll is there, this is basically just something to make the scout fun to play while I feel like playing him.

He will be my main for keepraids, PvE-events (scouts are good in those) and relicraids.

G

gunner440

Re: Re: Re: A scout without stealth...

? :O

u think ull get a shot in before ur mezzed? and thats not even with bard insta

T

Tranquil-

He DID say he was getting and using Longshot. But he'd still need binoculars to find the bard. :p

S

skile

Intruments are easy to see tho :).

It's not something I've tried, but it's a theory.

I'm pretty sure Longshot can be used in several of ways. But I doubt i would get it if it wasn't included in getting Volley.

L

loxleyhood

I still find stealth useful, there are the odd occaisions where there aren't any assasins around.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Thrust is utter crap for a scout :p

Slash all the way.

A

Arnor

*rubs eyes*

is it really a scout post without senseless random whine-spewing from teh glottis?

K

K0nah

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

Slash all the way.

yeah, take a 100% str skill, half train it, then fight buffed Left-axe assasins with a potent str debuff on u constantly... nice 1

anyone happen to know what a debuffed slash scout's wep skill is?

heh

S

skile

I will get a very high weapskill with thrust. Dunno what I will reach. Tranqualize, wyvernfang seems like a good combo imho.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Arnor2
*rubs eyes*

is it really a scout post without senseless random whine-spewing from teh glottis?

Not sure, but how come you know anything about scouts Anal2? Doubt you have lvl'd one to 50, or played one in rvr.
So can you go molest your mentally retarded sister again pls, cause your so full of shit, compared to you even Midgard smells nice.
Regards, Glottis

P

Puppetmistress

A groupscout should get TS IMHO. all groups see that assassin kill of our friends and will scream: TRUESIGHT RUN, TRUESIGHT RUN.

Then you must say: Well, I cannot stealth, but I neither can TS

What is the point in being a scout without stealth and TS ? 50 thrust and 42 shield and alot of longbow ?

If I had a scout I would probably park it and never touch it again unless Mythix fixes it.

Changing it in some gimped fightingmachine with crap armour and no class-defining (unique) RA's sounds rather gimpy to me.

One final thing: There is no way you can shoot a bard before he's in AoE-mezz range.

You spot Hibbies at range 2500. You spot the bard at range 2000 you draw bow and by the time you fire they are in 1500 range due to speed 5 / speed 6.

That's in optimum case. I never spot the bard before range 1500. Too hard to see at speed 5 and colours etc.

S

stinkie

cant believe this hasnt been posted before with all these scouts posting and me never played a scout past BG but anyway here goes.

get truesight and become the ultimate caster defender. with bad stealth its easy to know when other stealthers are in the area, just spam stealth button till u cant stealth coz of enemy in the area then wack TS on and kill um all. with that coupled with slam + guard(dont forget casters being guarded next patch wont get interupted if attack is blocked) you make an amazing caster protector.

Scouts are in the unique position of being able to do good ranged damage AND protect casters next to them unlike most other slammers who have to choose between standing next to a caster protectng him and nothing else or running into melle.

You wont find many casters out there not wanting to group with you if you play your scout like that. I as a caster love people who protect me with a passion and I always remeber those that do and do my best to be grouped with them ( farek & metalwolf are prob the best i know at this) so you wont find yourself in need of a group if you play this role.

just my 2 copper

Stinkie

G

Gethin

Hey stinkie

I have specced my scout that way. I have 50 (base) shield and i usually protect a caster when im lucky enough to get a grp.

As you like us so much can i get a rvr grp pretty pls )

Gethin
Master Scout

S

stinkie

Originally posted by Gethin
Hey stinkie

I have specced my scout that way. I have 50 (base) shield and i usually protect a caster when im lucky enough to get a grp.

As you like us so much can i get a rvr grp pretty pls )

Gethin
Master Scout

definatly :D as long as you dont mind the smell :p

S

skile

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
A groupscout should get TS IMHO. all groups see that assassin kill of our friends and will scream: TRUESIGHT RUN, TRUESIGHT RUN.

Then you must say: Well, I cannot stealth, but I neither can TS

What is the point in being a scout without stealth and TS ? 50 thrust and 42 shield and alot of longbow ?

If I had a scout I would probably park it and never touch it again unless Mythix fixes it.

Changing it in some gimped fightingmachine with crap armour and no class-defining (unique) RA's sounds rather gimpy to me.

One final thing: There is no way you can shoot a bard before he's in AoE-mezz range.

You spot Hibbies at range 2500. You spot the bard at range 2000 you draw bow and by the time you fire they are in 1500 range due to speed 5 / speed 6.

That's in optimum case. I never spot the bard before range 1500. Too hard to see at speed 5 and colours etc.

Aren't volley and longshot archer unique RA's? Isn't Mastery of archery that as well? Getting TS just to give satisfaction to your friends getting killed by SB's I don't fancy.

Whats the point of a scout WITH stealth? NONE! Thats why I am respeccing. To get more fun out of a shitty stealthclass and a million buffbots. I'd rather try something new with it for RvsR. I believe scouts are better than sorcs and mincers in PvE events and keepdefences. So the scout is still a nice char to have. If I decide to play him once in a while I can atleast have some fun and do better than a sniper in a group. Rather that than putting the RPG type I love (archers) on the shelf. Thank u.

About the bard thingy, it's a theory. Gonna try it out and see if it works.

P

Puppetmistress

Aren't volley and longshot archer unique RA's? Isn't Mastery of archery that as well? Getting TS just to give satisfaction to your friends getting killed by SB's I don't fancy.

Whats the point of a scout WITH stealth? NONE! Thats why I am respeccing. To get more fun out of a shitty stealthclass and a million buffbots. I'd rather try something new with it for RvsR. I believe scouts are better than sorcs and mincers in PvE events and keepdefences. So the scout is still a nice char to have. If I decide to play him once in a while I can atleast have some fun and do better than a sniper in a group. Rather that than putting the RPG type I love (archers) on the shelf. Thank u.

About the bard thingy, it's a theory. Gonna try it out and see if it works.

A scout has nothing more to offer then an armsman the way you describe it. At least a scout has access to a RA which spots all stealthers every 30 mins, and that one you don't get.

Don't get me wrong, but you will suck in melee, well arching sucks anyhow, you got crap armour.. Why would I want you instead of a paladin in my group ?

Not that I Don't want you, but I don't see any advantage to your spec to getting an arms or paladin to do this.

At least TS gives you something unique over them.

F

Flimgoblin

actually... a scout like that is a ranged nuker - like a wizard - except they don't die in two hits, and can slam that zerker that's charging in...

superb support char (an archer standing behind the line of tanks? funny concept that)

B

Belomar

I think it's a good idea, many scouts are becoming a bit desperate and want a change. One of the level 50 scouts in our guild was thinking about speccing 50 Slash and 42 Shield (and whatever that is left into Longbow, 28?), but was thwarted when it turned out he didn't have his full respec left. :)
Originally posted by Puppetmistress

Well, then learn to spot them better. The big, bulgy instrument in their hands is a huge give-away, and I have managed several times to land my nearsight on the bard way before they get into AoE mezz range. Besides, bards tend to save their insta mezz until they are really in trouble, so even if they are within 1500 range, they still need to stop and cast for 2-3 seconds before the mezz lands.

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

Slash all the way.

erhm .. U MUST be crazy .. choosing Highlander Scout then ??? :lol:

D

Dyst-of-HB

scouts...

Imo I think you should also consider lowering the bow spec some, in my experience having dragonfang instead of wyvernfang is a lot more important than having high bow skill instead of mediocre. Personally I respeced a long time ago from 46 bow to 34 and I could hardly tell the difference.

As for RA's I think you are very wrong, longshot/volley are pratically useless where as IP is probably the best RA available. Longshot is completely crap, it's crap for damage and most of the time you will just get bt'ed anyways, same goes for volley only volley is even crappier because you are required to get LS first.

TS is a bit more debatable but I still think it is a great skill when either cruising in emain or during keep defense, I would never pick it over IP or purge but after that it seems like a good choice.

Just don't expect that respeccing will magically fix the problems with the class, you will be sadly dissapointed like all of us who threw in the towel long ago.

T

tazzke

Good thing with a casterguard-scout is that they can stay next to the caster they are protecting...if inc take out the old shield & sword....if caster is free from enemies...he can take his bow and assist the nuker.

Pala is a better guard of course cause he can take a lot more dmg than a scout can, but when you know whats your roll is as a scout...they can be very good in a group too --> slam and bow...

not go into melee with the real tanks

Solo...well thats just a plain nightmare...
If i'm solo or grouped with some infil...i won't go 1 m out of atp without buffs, cause we just know there is at least 1 FG of SB's/hunters waiting for us.

Even with buffs i get killed if i start to fight the 1st SB...cause you will get 1 or 2 PA's in your face from his friends...or they will just go out of stealth..chase you...and hit you for 5x the melee dmg you do... :(

It's just a real shame that after 50 levels of begging and praying for groups (did first 40 lvl solo i might add)...you go RvR...

You get RA's....you get double BT's...you get fumbles/misses when facing a Hib/Mid 1 m away....you get 99% of the Assasin population who got See Hidden...which means you can't play the "archer" class like they were designed (ranged killers).

If you are VERY lucky you get an invite from a guildgroup, so at least you will gain some rp's...but i already know that soloing is not possible unless they fix See Hidden (not removing it...but making the detect range a lot shorter).
Real funny to be at a milegate...stealthed/camo up with +40 stealth...and having a sb running to you unstealthed and just melee you to death.

Anyway...maybe no stealth will rock for keepdefence. But why not make a caba...DoT everything...and wait for them to die.

I'm not gonna respec anything..even if i get a respec stone...i'm praying and hoping Mythic will realise 1 day that the whole stealther community needs to be fixed. The don't need to make scouts as uber as they were couple of months ago...but give the "new" scouts at least the joy of killing something at range..without getting killed 0.5 sec after you fire your first arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom