A sad story

J

Jerelyn

Mate, contact me ingame i have an extra skald epic you can _BorroW_ until you can afford your own stuff, weapons i don't have any of (besides the ones i'm using) but go farm and you'll have that soon enough.

-Jerelyn

R

redknapp

Lol Jerelyn i sincerely hope you are joking.

Taric came into our guild, the Realm Defenders, about a month ago. He aroused suspicion immediately owing to his lack of knowledge of Midgard, and we became concerned that he may be a spy.

He asked the strangest things, like how to get to Svasud Faste, which for a level 50 is always to be considered strange, especially when the guy claims he did not buy the account ready levelled.

After about two days in our guild, Taric logged on in a state of distress, and told us a pretty awful story. His friend had hacked his account, and removed all of his stuff. This included his Skald Epic, all of his weapons, all of his cash.

We are one of those old fashioned kinda guilds, where we all feel compelled to help a member in need. Everybody pitched in, not only to get him new weapons but also to help him raise enough cash to buy himself a new Epic.

Then, about a week later, it happened again. Taric claimed that the same guy had again hacked his account. When we asked Taric why he hadnt changed his password, he said he had and this guy had hacked it from his PC. We then informed him that with a random pass this was near impossible, as its not stored locally, so he changed his story to say the guy had in fact been given the Subscription pass, and had used that to change the account password. But still Taric was able to log in....even though the account pass had changed....you work it out.

This time, we didnt help him much. Basically a few folks in guild gave him a few items to enable him to cash farm, so as to re-equip himself. Shortly after this he left the guild, never to be seen again....until now.

So now, he robbed again, this time at a Dataparty. He didnt, he is a liar, and a scammer. If you want proof Archeon, I cant give it. All i can give you is my integrity and this story.

I hope that nobody helps this guy. I hope that the fact that I have shared the Taric incident with the BW community means that he is not able to exploit any other guilds. I hope that what he is doing is indeed a bannable offence under CoC, as the guy is impairing others enjoyment of the game, by decieving them into giving up items in the belief that he needs the help.

K

kathal_tdd

Mate, contact me ingame i have an extra skald epic you can _BorroW_ until you can afford your own stuff, weapons i don't have any of (besides the ones i'm using) but go farm and you'll have that soon enough.
Owned:rolleyes:

J

Jerelyn

Originally posted by kathal_tdd
Owned:rolleyes:

are you tyelling me that i got OWNED because i want to help out a person???

oh my FUCKING god some ppl can be SO fucking ignorant!!!!

i'm sitting here, with two skalds epic. one is borrowed out to guildies with a 40+ skald, the other i'm using parts of myself, so why, OH WHY? may i not do with my epic what i want?

Taric, you may be a prick, but if i am going to borrow you my epic, and i don't get it back, because you have been "hacked" again, i'm fucking ripping your cock off!

<sigh> just wanna help, then i get flamed..

GG
-Jerelyn

L

lorric

im fairly sure the first taric sold/traded his account.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Jerelyn your far too nice, I remember you PLing me in DF for no reason whatsoever other than the fact that I thanked you when you gave me a POM.

I wouldnt trust him but then again thats my opinion and its your epic armour to give to whoever you choose, it just seems like a very bad idea... :(

D

Driwen

Originally posted by midguardian
It might sound kinda pitty but when i finally took my chanse to ask someone here to help me i was acused of lying and beeing a theif.
Its depressing that you can charge me with that when you dont got any proof, i got IRL friends who can come to this forum and tell you what happened i can take screens from my acc, i got people ingame who can tell about me wandering around in Jordheim asking if anyone could spare me some money\armor or a sword because my acc got f**ked with on TG03.

Im thanking those who trusted me and gave their support to me.
I understand that it can be hard to trust me but i will thank those who did.

the problem isnt that people dont believe you have nothing on Taric, the problem is that everyone thinks that you did it yourself :p. Besides you most likely bought or traded this account (as lorric said and redknapp pointed out by your lack off knowledge), which you lied about. So we know, you lied atleast once and keep on having an empty vault.
Im sorry, but that points to the fact that giving you anything, means it will disappear within 10 days. That might be, because you gave it to someone else or because you are SOOO careless with your account that it keeps getting accessed by someone else.

L

lorric

thing is taric was in my guild from 48 to 50 and he didnt have trouble finding his way around then.

M

midguardian

Originally posted by driwen
or because you are SOOO careless with your account that it keeps getting accessed by someone else.
Hehe, yeah that could be true, i dont take so very good care of my passwordfile on the comp. because i trust the people who lends it... maybe i should not trust them so much.

Thats right i have traded this acc for a lvl42 warden so i dont know my way around in midgard so well but i did before (had a lvl22 runie on pryd)
A friend on TG tried the skald for awhile but i dont think he will do that kind of stuff to me, but who knows.
Dont think that person could have done it... clock is now 23.00 so im gonna talk to him tomorrow at school.
If he did it and dont have the stuff he took from me... argh...
IF it was him then never mind this post gonna find out tomorrow.

In a way i think its good that you dont blindly belive in all the posts here but this one was true.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by redknapp
especially when the guy claims he did not buy the account ready levelled.

Then, about a week later, it happened again. Taric claimed that the same guy had again hacked his account. When we asked Taric why he hadnt changed his password, he said he had and this guy had hacked it from his PC. We then informed him that with a random pass this was near impossible, as its not stored locally, so he changed his story to say the guy had in fact been given the Subscription pass, and had used that to change the account password. But still Taric was able to log in....even though the account pass had changed....you work it out.

This time, we didnt help him much. Basically a few folks in guild gave him a few items to enable him to cash farm, so as to re-equip himself. Shortly after this he left the guild, never to be seen again....until now.

So you did kinda bought the char ready lvl'ed? So you lied to your guild mate :rolleyes: . Then the part about suddenly changing your story and btw the 2nd story is as redknapp pointed out weird.

The thing is you have lost atleast your stuff 3 times now in probably 1 or 2 months and leaving your pc ungaurded at a lanparty (or dataparty as you call it), is tbh really stupid and proves that you are too careless with your pc. Most people at a lanparty are ok and nice, but when there are 2000 people (the 2002 version had around that number off visitors). You can be sure that there will be enough people around that could hurt your pc. So next time think about protecting your pc on a lanparty certainly a big one like the gathering.

Btw the gathering ended at 20th off april, so you have been without equipment for 3 weeks?

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by driwen
Btw the gathering ended at 20th off april, so you have been without equipment for 3 weeks?

as much as i hate to say it... owned

O

old.shotgunstow

It might sound kinda pitty but when i finally took my chanse to ask someone here to help me i was acused of lying and beeing a theif.
Its depressing that you can charge me with that when you dont got any proof, i got IRL friends who can come to this forum and tell you what happened i can take screens from my acc, i got people ingame who can tell about me wandering around in Jordheim asking if anyone could spare me some money\armor or a sword because my acc got f**ked with on TG03.

Im thanking those who trusted me and gave their support to me.
I understand that it can be hard to trust me but i will thank those who did.

mids are suspicious bastards :>

K

kathal_tdd

And a few are lame no good mofos that try to steal, beg and lie their way to good items.

Try to do that in RL and see what happens.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by kathal_tdd
And a few are lame no good mofos that try to steal, beg and lie their way to good items.

Try to do that in RL and see what happens.

Frankly i don't see what Tony Blair has to do with this discussion.

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
People who arent you. :p

EDIT: why arent any of your chars names in your sig?

btw. Im a lvl50 skald excal\mid named Taric plz mail me at
DalaiLaban@hotmail.com or contact me ingame, if you could find it in your heart to help me
Thnx!

M

midguardian

I got this acc about 2 days before i went to thegathering.
It could have been the dude i was trading the acc with who took it since it is not possible to change sub pass...

About that guy who tried that acc... he said he did not do it and since i dont have any proofs for either way i choose to belive him.

The guild thingy you have been writing, it could not have been me, after a few days with the acc i left the guild (defenders... somthing was the name) so anything that happened before that i dont know about.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Perhaps I should have been clearly there then carlos :p I can find about 8 more quotes where we see he is Taric, but none of his other chars names are listed either, this is what I thought was odd - but hardly solid evidence ;)

So your saying the account has been owned by at least 3 people?

M

midguardian

How should i know how many people that acc has been owned about?
Its me and the one i traded it with atleast

R

Ravenbourne

dont account swap, this sort of thing wouldnt happen....

M

midguardian

I got the persons mail adress.
its: triplex299@hotmail.com
He went on my sub and changed my email so he would recive the password.
What can i do about it?

R

Ravenbourne

nothing, he has your sub password, what is there to stop him getting your game password and stealing all your stuff/cash again? This should be a lesson to anyone who gets bored of their realm/charactor. Just roll on pryd.

M

midguardian

Talked to the dude and he said he would not do it again.
well, how much more guarante than that can i get?
Besides going to england and visit him :p

Finally... i can go on playing daoc without thinking about that dude who took all my stuff.

I

inuyasha

Only thing i find fishy here is that your penge residence .P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom