A retort

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
The State of Freddyshouse.

Something is rotten in Freddyshouse. In this thread I shall not threaten anyone, I shall not flame, I will not name names and I will not mod-bait. I merely want to get across my feelings in this matter.

Let me start at the beginning. It is the first day of Freddyshouse. I am determined to obey the rules of the forums just as I had done before a moderator had moderated me unjustly and cruely on Barrysworld. The way I saw things is that if I was going to get banned I had done it at a good time. I was determined that I would flame less in RvR and help more in General and Albion. I wanted to put the past behind me, and enjoy posting once again.

Unfortunatly I was not allowed this. One thing I disliked about Barrysworld was that it only allowed rather small avatars, so I was happy to learn that Freddyshouse would have bigger.
Originally posted by Loxleyhood
Bigger avatars!? Hell yeah. This opens up some oppotunities.
I do not understand what is wrong with that post. Clearly Bigfoot did.
Originally posted by Bigfoot
Whilst this forum may be seen as a chance for a fresh start if you behave like a twat again you will be banned once more.
It is the first day, I have done nothing, and a super mod has called me a twat. If I was more naive I would demand an apology.

But nonetheless I don't harbour Bigfoot in high regard and do not take much attention to what he says, so I brushed it aside. Now, I did not want to spam on FH, not that I ever wanted to spam on BW, but I do post a lot. Whenever I am on the computer I have FH/BW up, and I refresh every 10mins or so. If there is a thread where I have something to say, I will say it. All my posts have substance and I am proud to say I post a lot. I actually wanted to cut spam in the forums and took steps to help the mods. https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=162 Sweet fuck all that it helped me. Now, when the actual spammers of FH got their post counts nerfed I found myself the owner of the highest title in the DAoC forums. Quite nifty, I thought. I did not spam to get more titles, and just before my ban I think someone was about to overtake me. I don't really care about 'e-penis' as some would claim, what I care about on these forums is my character.

Jupitus, though we didn't know it was him at the time, was acting very lock happy in eOT, particularly towards threads about reputation. Now, I had realised from the word go that although the rep system was a good idea, it would be abused by morons. I have since been proved right and the rep system has been removed. Wouldn't life be easier if you stopped fighting it and just listened to me? Anyways, it was becoming increasingly difficult to have any discussion on rep because as soon as the discussion got going it would be locked, either by Jupitus with no explaination or by Tilda who would helpfully link to threads on a different subject. I hated this lock-happy attitude but I did not react to it.

In the OT forum a thread was deleted for sexual content. I made a post on eOT about this but while I was doing this I noticed two smileys that I had never really given much thought towards before then. These are the two smileys that portray sexual intercourse, one, perhaps, of rape. I realise it's a bit anal to go into such depth over some sprites but I was just curious why the Freddyshouse CoC had this seemingly double standard over sexual content on it's forums. I made a thread on the Feedback forums, genuinely curious and hoping for a serious discussion.
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=505
Firstly I was flamed by some yokels for playing DAoC, but you get used to and even start to expect stupidity on the internet. However, what I do not expect is flaming from a moderator. Jupitus came into the thread and answered the wrong question; instead of trying to explain about Freddyshouse's CoC on sexual content like I had asked he said that the thread had been deleted for spam. (He also said he didn't know what thread I was talking about. Hmmmmmm).
I was irritated at the time and I said,
Originally posted by Loxleyhood
Well you might not know what specific thread I am refering to because it has been deleted. If you cannot answer my question please do not attempt to.
I realise this was a rather rude reply, but it is still fair.
In response Jupitus flamed me, calling me a "post whore." He refused to adress the question I had actually asked and flamed me for another page on how terrible a spammer I am. Which is rather ironic, I guess.

This is frankly the type of attitude that a mod should just not be showing. But it got better.

I was still willing the obey the rules of the gentlemen who, by now, were royally screwing me over. In a last ditch attempt to get some sense out of the situation I sent Jupitus three pm's. Two of these were ignored. The other, however, was answered on the forums in a thread where all could read it in a way that was rude and humiliated me. It was a locked thread so there was no oppotunity for me to have my say. Jupitus abusing this private message was the straw that broke the camel's back, and I had had enough.

With no other way to contact Jupitus, the feedback and private messaging system had failed, I posted about what I thought of what he was doing. This was seen as mod-baiting and I got banned. I can't help to wonder that if Bigfoot hadn't overreacted to my actions on Barrysworld, eOT wouldn't be on the verge of destruction. I believe that the mods are the source of all these problems, though they will never be swayed to seeing it that way, so I will not attempt it.

Jupitus then banned more or less every regular of eOT. If there was anyone around who's eyebrows were not very highly raised at this I will be very surprised. The situation is getting desperate, and I think that the owners of Freddyshouse should reflect on the idea if this is really a suitable course of action. I can tell you now the three ways that all the those who have been banned are going to react: 1) They will return and assault the mods 2) They will return and spam to regain their titles 3) They will leave the forums. In this way Freddyshouse has made sure that exactly what they wanted to removed will be increased double fold.

The situation is a mess - most people are banned, most threads get locked and a community is being destroyed.

Who moderates the moderators?

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
First off, wow at the arrogance :p

Secondly, Jupitus seems like a nice bloke but I do agree he is not the best off mods. However I think you may well have just named names... Yes I can see that you are being ever-so-slightly unfairly judged but then your reaction to this fits this steriotypical attitude that he presumes you have so how is he to know any better? As for making a thread and locking it to reply to your PM, I had not seen this, nor can I find it - could you supply a link? It does seem rather unfair and something I wouldnt expect Jupitus to do.

My last point is that no on emods the moderators, thats on of the priveledges of creating, paying for anr running the forum. One of the very very few priveledges.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
just drop it, pretend the whole thing never happened and i'm sure we can all carry on in the spirit of the new year

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
I can understand Loxley's frustation. After all, it's been a whole week of reading all those other posts and not being able to respond. Yes respond, not spam replies. Assumptions were made about the reasons behind our bannings which needed to explained at the time I think before it all got out of hand. But thanks to Jupitus for what he did explain.

Not sure if it's appropriate to put this in the feedback forum or not, but when a mod closes a thread, could an explanation column be added? Like you know when we edit posts it asks you to give a reason.. (see bottom of post). On second thoughts I won't put this in the feedback forum as I'll probably only get flamed for being a DAoC spammer now I have the reputation, and the request won't be taken seriously :( But it would save all the "FFS why did you close my thread you moron?!?!?!" posts..

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
[QUOTE='Shy]Not sure if it's appropriate to put this in the feedback forum or not, but when a mod closes a thread, could an explanation column be added? Like you know when we edit posts it asks you to give a reason.. (see bottom of post). On second thoughts I won't put this in the feedback forum as I'll probably only get flamed for being a DAoC spammer now I have the reputation, and the request won't be taken seriously :( But it would save all the "FFS why did you close my thread you moron?!?!?!" posts..[/QUOTE]

You may notice that sometimes I put a reply on a thread before closing it in order to try to explain the closure, other times not. The times when I do not do so are usually because I feel if you use some common sense the reason for the closure should be obvious. I have also seen the regular DAOC mods try to offer explanations where appropriate too.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
You may notice that sometimes I put a reply on a thread before closing it in order to try to explain the closure, other times not. The times when I do not do so are usually because I feel if you use some common sense the reason for the closure should be obvious. I have also seen the regular DAOC mods try to offer explanations where appropriate too.

Aaah, but you forget, we are simple off-topicers. Sometimes it needs to be spelled out to us :( Take the thread by Meduza par example.. :) https://forums.freddyshouse.com//showthread.php?t=996

Adari

Part of the furniture
Jupitus is probably the worst mod ive ever seen.

Allowing Shy to have an account to post a bit with while being banned, bragging about having been an E&E and telling loxley he's not level-headed are just two examples of the many things he did that moderators shouldn't do.

Hah at him irl.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Don't ban Meduza Jupitus. He'll get bored soon and if you do ban him it will be months before you hear the end of it.

Flesh

Banned
If I had tits..Jupitus would definately be getting on them. :(

NB: This post is in no way meant as a reference for sexual intercourse.

Belsameth

Tainted
Jupitus said:

same goes for me.
I generally explain why I lock if I feel it needs explaining, otherwise I just lock. mostly it's just SO obvious anyway

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
shy has an offensive custom title please help :(

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
k9awya said:
shy has an offensive custom title please help :(

Tut, it was just in the theme of the festivities and all that :) Gone now :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi

Firstly, the moderators of this board ARE accountable. To both myself and TedTheDog. They are not immune to being cautioned or indeed banned from these boards.

Loxleyhood, I believe we have spoken via IRC and I asked you to come to me if you have any issues with the moderators and to provide me with details of what has happened. I don't like what you have posted here, for one, quoting parts of a message and then using that to your advantage does fuckall in your case. Where is the rest of the message so I can see the context of it?

As for Bigfoot calling you a twat, I would have going on your past behaviour. You CANNOT expect people to go to bed and wake up the next day and assume that you have changed your ways, you lost all respect over at GAME.NET, you need to earn it here, remember it is the same people here so your past history precedes you.

I shall ask that everyone concerned takes a pill, let's not get heavy handed, that is the last thing I want to do.

Also, fwiw, the spent a good few hours mingling with some daoc'ers and Fleesh, quite enjoyed talking to them. It just seems that forums bring out the worst in some people for some shitty reason. Spamming I won't tolerate and if it continues then postcounts for all the daoc forums will be removed.

If ANYONE has an issue with anyone on the forums then send a PM to myself or Ted with as much information as possible. This is your home as much as ours but we need to live together otherwise someone will have to go and I will tell you this, it will not be me.

Adari: I have personally met Jupitus and I take offense at your comment. I am the worst mod you could ever wish to meet, I would ban just for that comment but it would achieve nothing. Jupitus is getting a feel for the forums, the type of talk, what myself and Ted would allow etc. It is not a clear cut job and he has others to think of as well.

Flesh: if I had a cock like you I would cut if off, now behave or do we have to do another 3hrs of witty retorts where you lost them all?

To the moderators: no matter how trivial please put a reason for the closure, I guess it saves them using what little brain matter they have ;)

Now everyone, :wub:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Btw,

I loved Shy's title: I fucked Santa :)

Flesh

Banned
Deebs said:
Also, fwiw, the spent a good few hours mingling with some daoc'ers and Fleesh, quite enjoyed talking to them.
I'm a DAoC'er too! :twak:
Deebs said:
Flesh: if I had a cock like you I would cut if off, now behave or do we have to do another 3hrs of witty retorts where you lost them all?
Pfft, lost? Lost?
The only loss I had by talking to you, was not ending the conversation earlier! :kissit:

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
Don't ban Meduza Jupitus. He'll get bored soon and if you do ban him it will be months before you hear the end of it.

Lol, it was hilarious when he got banned from BW.

"Yuo cannot silenze meh!!!!!!!!!!!" for weeks and weeks with one account after another :D

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Deebs said:
Now everyone, :wub:

Deebs, while you're here, visiting this loverley forum, please may I be so bold as to bring up the thing about sexual content?

It started as roleplay, and therefore was posted in the creative forum. Ziva closed it, but then changed her mind, posted here and apologised for closing it by mistake, repoened it and warned us to keep it clean. Then it was gone. I apologise if something was offensive was added to the thread and I missed it before it was deleted.

Now this smiley may be lighthearted, :wij: but so was our roleplay thread. :kissit: A guideline on the rules of this kind of thing would be good please.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
[QUOTE='Shy]Deebs, while you're here, visiting this loverley forum, please may I be so bold as to bring up the thing about sexual content?

It started as roleplay, and therefore was posted in the creative forum. Ziva closed it, but then changed her mind, posted here and apologised for closing it by mistake, repoened it and warned us to keep it clean. Then it was gone. I apologise if something was offensive was added to the thread and I missed it before it was deleted.

Now this smiley may be lighthearted, :wij: but so was our roleplay thread. :kissit: A guideline on the rules of this kind of thing would be good please.[/QUOTE]

Ok, do you have a link to the thread? Even tho its not there I can use it :p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Flesh said:
Did you have to tie him down,like you did that other woman!? :twak:

No but unlike you I don't have to dig my women up. Now enough ta.

Flesh

Banned
Yeh but he's a supergod, so he can view closed threads etc. ;o
And no Deebs, we don't have a link, but anyway you can search for deleted threads in the roleplay forum? The thread was created by Loxleyhood I think...if that helps.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Deebs said:
Loxleyhood, I believe we have spoken via IRC and I asked you to come to me if you have any issues with the moderators and to provide me with details of what has happened. I don't like what you have posted here, for one, quoting parts of a message and then using that to your advantage does fuckall in your case. Where is the rest of the message so I can see the context of it?

Well I've linked to entire threads too, and unless they've been deleted the threads are still there for you to look up. I'm putting across my argument here so I will not argue against myself.

Deebs said:
As for Bigfoot calling you a twat, I would have going on your past behaviour. You CANNOT expect people to go to bed and wake up the next day and assume that you have changed your ways, you lost all respect over at GAME.NET, you need to earn it here, remember it is the same people here so your past history precedes you.

Firstly I don't think it's right for you to be calling any person a twat for any reason. You and Bigfoot are supposed to be sovereign on these forums and thus it should be your duty to set a good example. And secondly I thought Freddyshouse was a completely and utterly different place to Barrysworld?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Flesh said:
Yeh but he's a supergod, so he can view closed threads etc. ;o
And no Deebs, we don't have a link, but anyway you can search for deleted threads in the roleplay forum? The thread was created by Loxleyhood I think...if that helps.

Something along the lines of 'the thread where Flesh sexx0rs shy'.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Deebs said:
Ok, do you have a link to the thread? Even tho its not there I can use it :p

I'm such a geek I've done a search on every single post by Loxleyhood and I can't find it. He posted a link to it in another thread, around the time of the Drinky Cow thread, and other such classics, so that's probably been deleted too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom