a request to assasin classes...

T

The Real Redi

You folks appear to be the only ones who have a problem with Pets chasing you, even when stealthed, as everyone else just /shrug about it?

You are the most powerful, and dangerous classes in the game - able to take on seasoned fighters in plate or chain, able to stealth instantly right in front of an enemy horde and see any who are stealthed as if they weren't, able to go places no other class can, able to poison your weapons, wield two of them AND use ranged weapons, yet STILL you come here and whine about pets...

Please, do me a favour and hold off the whining until you have something to whine about, k?

I play a merc, a rejuv cleric and a fire specced wizzy, and you don't see me spending my life on here crying about it...

edit: yes to a certain extent this is a whine, but im in a piss poor mood today, so deal with that too... (everyone has an off day from being cheerful, today is mine)

C

case-rigantis

an unbuffed infi relies on stealth to win an infi unstealthed will never win against a decent tank of any kind

also infi`s have very low hp`s 2 nukes usually does enough damage to cripple if not kill

as such the pet stealth thingy negates our only defence

lets put it this way how would you feel with your merc running away from 1fg of enemies a blue con enemy pet stuck to your ass and enemy casters lining you up for stun mez or nuke?

merc`s get parry chain and hitpoints
casters get pets, QC, mez, root, stun
Infi`s get stealth, evade

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by case-rigantis
an unbuffed infi relies on stealth to win an infi unstealthed will never win against a decent tank of any kind

Ahh, UN-BUFFED that was the one i forgot, but even buffed, assasins should take no more than two maybe three hits to be horrible mauled by an armsman, yet i have watched a nightshade stand toe-2-toe with a 50th armsman and a 45th paladin, and using IP amongst other RAs, slay them both. Stealthers need their AF nerfed, or their HP's dropped a little.

Originally posted by the same
as such the pet stealth thingy negates our only defence

Equally, the pet is often the casters only defence... you want free reign to stick things in casters, and make them rely on having a bored armsman or paladin guarding them all the time? Give the casters a break too...

C

case-rigantis

infi`s don`t get IP anymore

i don`t last more than 2 to 3 hits against an armsman and i don`t use buffbots ever

i have 1120 hit points where as the average tank has 1600+

i think thats pretty balanced

O

old.Cher

yeah lets nerf assassins so us ones that still run unbuffed can't actually kill anything, that way u only get the buffed up shitbags running around, and life would be better right???

o and of course that would make a buffbot a prerequisite for being the class.

A

Artemls

Originally posted by The Real Redi
You folks appear to be the only ones who have a problem with Pets chasing you, even when stealthed, as everyone else just /shrug about it?

You are the most powerful, and dangerous classes in the game - able to take on seasoned fighters in plate or chain, able to stealth instantly right in front of an enemy horde and see any who are stealthed as if they weren't, able to go places no other class can, able to poison your weapons, wield two of them AND use ranged weapons, yet STILL you come here and whine about pets...

Please, do me a favour and hold off the whining until you have something to whine about, k?

I play a merc, a rejuv cleric and a fire specced wizzy, and you don't see me spending my life on here crying about it...

edit: yes to a certain extent this is a whine, but im in a piss poor mood today, so deal with that too... (everyone has an off day from being cheerful, today is mine)

[first childish reply of the day deleted.. I feel happy now]

C

Cybwyn

Happens to archers too..... should we not whine because we're overpowered?

Face it, it's a crap bug - as soon as someone stealths the pet should lose target lock. Is it really so hard to fix?

T

The Real Redi

Re: Re: a request to assasin classes...

Originally posted by Artemls
Dumbass.

/hug

Your a credit to the human race, know that?

:eek7:

Tell me then, what do assasins fear and whine about more than being chased by pets? Deal with it, or kill the caster. Don't whine your arses off when you all know full well if you hit a caster, it's virtually dead in the water anyways, even if you ahve to sprint a while and let the DoT do its work.

and Artemls, have a nice day :)

O

old.Halfpint

Redi

You have an annoying habit of lumping lots of people who play a particular class from 3 seperate realms into one big uber buffbotted mass, who laugh in the face of all who chose to step out of a Border Keep and singlehandedly lay waste to your realms finest (apologies for the long sentence). Stop it..please..your breaking my heart! :rolleyes:

Obviously if you see an assassin "own" someone you will realise that the main advantage the class has is the ability to choose its targets and most will attack those they know they can beat..hence I guess the title "assassin" rather than "suicide bomber".

Your example of a nightshade beating down a lvl 50 armsman and a high lvl palidin is at the very least out-of-date, as assassins havent had Ignore Pain for a fair few months now. Secondly and this may be a bit contraversial, in my opinion the armsman and paladin in question were pretty crappy.

If one person whines about a particular issue please don't assume that everyone else who plays the class agrees with them. After all I now don't think that all Mercs are a bunch of assassin fearing whiners now do I?

Have fun
Spivvy Travolta

T

toughguy

Hope they dont nerf it i love feeding isen vakten sbs to my pets, if they sprint they die :p

M

midmaster

[/i]

Guess you just did. Welcome to the whiners-club.

M

Meatballs

Ahh, UN-BUFFED that was the one i forgot, but even buffed, assasins should take no more than two maybe three hits to be horrible mauled by an armsman

They should? Says that in the manual does it? :p

A

amazingsteve

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by amazingsteve
retard.

why. thank you too, if it wasnt for people like you, i'd think i was on Disney.com or something...

Ok, the IP thing i wasn't aware of (see, i can be humble :great: ) and now i've had a chance to calm a tad, i realise that the changes made by mythic will, to some extent, even out the classes, but i usually base a lot of my moaning on common sense, rather than game mechanics.

Things like See Hidden and Vanish are a bit spawny, to say the least - see hidden having no apparent relevance to a stealther, but all the relevance in the world to a scout.

To make the stealth ability a little more palatable, and a little more realistic (i know, trolls, elves, etc don't exist (sorry if i ruined anyones beliefs there btw ;) ) but you know what i mean, right?) if it was affected by the environment - better cover in trees, much more likely to be spotted running through open grass land or during the day or whatever.

I appreciate how good assasins are, and my gripes are mainly on the things that are general to all three classes, you'll notice ;)

hey, i don't hate you all, i just wish you'd shut up moaning :lol:

/huggles everyone, cept the asassins, as he can't see them...

S

Shike

Since when did Assassins become the most powerful type of class? :eek:

Isnt that Skalds? ;)

L

logan6

as an assassin myself i too hate this bug with a passion.

As to your statement of owning lvl 50 armsmen, i wasnt able to take down a single armsman even after perforating him twice. He just parried/blocked most attacks and only due to a strong DoT Poison critical the fight was a bit close.

How often i died because i attacked a single target, and before the victim dies, i am seen by a random pet mage who has to do zero to finish me, other than hit the attack button of his pet.

The Bullsh1t with aggro mobs to lead the pet to works once in a lifetime, for some reason the pets wont get aggro the pet, but me after the pet hits me outta stealth amongst the aggro critters. oh the fun.

Since the time we (rightly) lost ip, tanks are mostly a no-no. And i agree, see hidden and true sight should be taken from the game.
Other than that i think every class should be managable if you plan your kill right. Why shouldnt we be able to take down a tank if we do it right, chose the right spot for the kill, the adequate poison, and of course the right time? I think every class should be able to kill every other class under the right circumstances.
Just like the wizard should be able to nuke us to bits if we botch our attack (us being the natural predator of caster classes), so should we be able to kill our nemesis class, namely tanks.

O

opoc

Originally posted by case-rigantis

Since when has there ever been an unbuffed inf? :p

L

liste

Assassins suck :p

<oh, and Case. get some more HP's man. i seem to remember having about 1400 :eek: >

O

old.Cher

"To make the stealth ability a little more palatable, and a little more realistic (i know, trolls, elves, etc don't exist (sorry if i ruined anyones beliefs there btw ) but you know what i mean, right?) if it was affected by the environment - better cover in trees, much more likely to be spotted running through open grass land or during the day or whatever."-Redi

lets be honest here, are attacks are mainly based off this mythical stealth idea, so unless u want us to have p.a and backstab as anytime styles, then u best readjust that idea.

also means no one will go near trees or long grass.

K

kameh

If your class cannot target the stealther your pet should break off it's attack. Basically im my opinion as a hunter if I send my pet after someone I should have to keep them targeted, if they stealth my pet comes back, the exception being if I hit true sight and keep the bugger targeted ;)

Stealth is a stealthers only real defense against casters and tanks. Make pet classes have to keep thier quarry targeted in order for thier pets to hunt them down. It's fair - and I'm someone that loves his pet unstealthing people..

S

Sharma

Originally posted by opoc
Since when has there ever been an unbuffed inf? :p

My inf, n00b :p

I dont use a buffbot...yet anyway :p

A

Artemls

[first childish reply of the day deleted.. I feel happy now]

Dont edit my post.

M

marathor

Hmmm Im torn between those 2. While waiting for Derric to answer...

So

What Coren said.

A

Artemls

Re: Re: Re: a request to assasin classes...

/hug

Your a credit to the human race, know that?

:eek7:

Tell me then, what do assasins fear and whine about more than being chased by pets? Deal with it, or kill the caster. Don't whine your arses off when you all know full well if you hit a caster, it's virtually dead in the water anyways, even if you ahve to sprint a while and let the DoT do its work.

and Artemls, have a nice day :)

You ever played an assassin? If not you really shouldn't post about it.

T

Turamber

Re: Re: Re: Re: a request to assasin classes...

You ever played an assassin? If not you really shouldn't post about it.

So people aren't allowed to post opinions based on what they have seen? This is Barrysworld where people post opinions on what they've never seen, don't understand and will never experience.

Redi is allowed his opinion, if you know something different then post *facts* and not *rhetoric*.

K

kameh

It's not an informed opinion, people are going to say "play one to see what your talking about" and lets face it that's the only way of really understanding what it means to be an archer or assassin in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom