A report of people in all realms

W

wylf

Hello

My name is Wylf, i guess many people have seen my name maybe one time, Since ive played, and have a lvl 50 char in Alb/excal (sirWylf pally) hib/excal (wylf hero) and now midgard (lvl 35 Wulz/warrior)

Many people talk about the noobs in alb, the nonexcistent Hib etc.. I just wanted to make a lil report of what i think and feel about the people in the realms on excal.

Alb: Yes, albion have many new players, or maybe you could say many players that dont have that much experience. There are rude people just like in every realm. But what i like with alb is that eaven thou many are new, they at least are polite and try to learn, they dont act like gerenal a-holes. Yes, albion is crowded. But all in all, i enjoyed this realm much since there was always someone you could ask for help.

Hib: There are a bit fewer people in hib, and most of them are... well... self-centered. Not all, that would be a lie since there are lots of friendly people. But all in all, they look at their own good many of the times when they should maybe focus on the good of all. i liked hib alot because of the land so to speak. Its harmonic and kinda easy to find its way in. I meet many nice people here, but like i said, many of them just focused on their own good.

Mid: Now this is the place ive started to play in recently, and i have to say im a bit disapointed. I meet a few nice people, but really. more than half of them ive talked to have been rude, ignorant and extreamly self centered. They care nothing about others. I like mid, i like the chars alot, but when people just complain and flame as soon as they die/make a misstake. Start complining on everyone else, as they did nothing wrong. its everyone elses fault...

its kinda sad i think, that midgard, a realm with many guilds that are famous and well established have so many a-holes.

alb, the realm of "noobs" as they so speak, probalby the best realm to play in after all, if you want to play with some decent people that dont flame idiotic messages.

Hib, a nice realm to, indeed, but i got the feel that most people just think of themselves there. And for gods sake hib! you are stronger than you think! many times you underestimate your power! cheer up! ;)

guess some flaming might come out of this, but this is simply the way i feel.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Wylf 50 minstrel/pryd
Kealan 39 pally/pryd
Wylfe 27 armsman/pryd
SirWylf 50 pally/excal <-- deleted ( to bad! )
Wylf 50 hero/excal
Wulz 35 warrior/excal

J

jakobi

tbh I must agree with the mid thing. only lvl'ed my first char in regular grps.

But there is little away around the living hell they call malmo, so still had to endure that.

K

kameh

I have to agree that thanks to the /level command lowbie mid groups (and I mean up to level 30) are pathetic or simply non-existant. At least in Albion with the noob as you call them there are groups - perhaps because nobody has told them about /level?? :)

It took me an awful long time to find a nice guild with nice people in Midgard, I wasn't the only one that came from Prydwen and had that problem..:(

A

Aloca

Hib xping: pay a chanter go afk come back and thx lvl 40. then go fins, go afk and ah lvl 50.

Hib rvr: guild member or nothing, rather wait for perfect grp than invite a unknown, that means that you noobs is fucked.

S

Sohan_THC

Proud to be an ALB for more then 1,5 year ;)

Still elfs are kinda cute but the lickable frog made us forget it :D

G

gunner440

that report is biased though

meaning its not so accurate then ;<

N

Nazghul-

I got the impression you played albion for a long time tried hib for maybe 1-2 months and midgard for 1 week.

That setup inevitably will have your report, unconsciously or not, biased.

W

wylf

you are true in that, i did play alb longest of them all, hib a little bit shorter, and like i said, just started mid.

But its just based on how i feel, like i said =)

maybe its unfair to make a conclusion after such sort time in mid, maybe ill make one later when ive been here for a while.

K

kameh

Incidentaly what class are you playing? found that people were nicer to my Shaman than to my bonedancer as I was leveling ;)

P

PaqMan

Originally posted by kameh
Incidentaly what class are you playing? found that people were nicer to my Shaman than to my bonedancer as I was leveling ;)
From 1st post:
... and now midgard (lvl 35 Wulz/warrior) ...

B

bone_idle

I play Hib/pryd but ive got a few chars on mid/excal too. I never have any problems getting a group with my supp runie or my healer buffbot. :) I might not nuke hard but tank groups love the bubble. ;)

I

ilaya

Originally posted by Aloca
Hib xping: pay a chanter go afk come back and thx lvl 40. then go fins, go afk and ah lvl 50.

Hib rvr: guild member or nothing, rather wait for perfect grp than invite a unknown, that means that you noobs is fucked.

hehe sorry Aloca but that is just a ten thousand mile high pile of shite with a big cherry on top.

fins = last resort.. there's better stuff to kill if u move around a bit and explore.

rvr.. been in some great so called random grps with different chars. just coz u aint all from same guild doesnt mean u got deathwish as soon as u leave dl.

we all play this game together.. without other peeps to play with/against.. it would be nothing. its all about what YOU as a player want from the game in the end. there isnt a RIGHT way or a WRONG way to play.. just as long as u play.. and have fun :)

T

the_fnord

I play mid/ex and I must say that when I started out (1year and a few months ago) the general feeling was very friendly. But as time have gone by it's gotten more and more 1337 and unfriendly imo. If I can't get a RvR-grp with guild/alliance/friends I don't go, cus I've mostly been flamed for so silly things when I've joined the random RvR-grp (WTF??? WHY DIDN'T U HEAL WHEN THAT PALLY WAS BASHING UR BRAINS OUT? (based on a true story :rolleyes: )), so I don't think it's worth it as I play for fun not for ownage... :eek7:

F

Flimgoblin

I think just time going on may well be what's biasing the results ;)

Alb/excal has probably got more like you've described mid/excal than it was in the beginning... and I imagine the same has happened to Midgard (just you're only seeing it at the end of the process)

i.e. mid/excal was probably a lot friendlier a year ago :)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Hate to admit this but its true. Since we got SI, and recently foundations, Mid has become a hive of greedy "rip ya arm and leg off giv itemz" kinda place.

PLing only happens if you own a shammy or SM bot. Item prices are extorional, crafters cant be arsed to craft, and you dont get a group in PvE or RvR unless you are RR5 with MP uber itemz. And the amount of anti-social crap i see daily grows.

To get DF you have to beg to gather a force to keep take, and ppl wont give up DF or lair to go defend the relics, well at least untl its too late.

As for Alb, both on Pryd and Excal - I got an exp group without even asking, just hang out at Pryd bridge or Gothwaite on both for insta invite, even with my infil. Yes there IMO a lot more children and "n00bs" there, but at least you get company and group exp from it. They dont tend to judge you.

As for Hib (Pryd) going back before /level, i walked round for hours and never saw a soul....then saw 1 50 enchanter who told me to piss off when i asked for 10s to do a quest a lil faster than walking. /deleted and went to alb instead, so not the best example.

Fortunately, I do have a great guild on both Excal (RD) and from what ive seen on Pryd (Rigante). Both are a great bunch of ppl, who help make the game more fun for me.

D

Deechio

Gotta agree as well , if you dont get a nice guild , mid can be a bit abusive . Been in mid from start (18 months) and has been a lot of changes in attitude. To many peeps in the "Uber" guilds think them selves a bit high and mighty . There the ones that shout at you for makin mistakes in rvr ( which is a skill that still needs too be learned) , and dont have a clue about pve and cause your whole grp too get killed because " were can handle these " and goes ahead and body pulls loads of purps , and wipes out the grp.
Also agree with whoodoo about crafters , as when im craftin with my wc , i use /setwho and get loads of bg1 and bg3 chars who have been searchin ages for crafters but couldnt find anyone willing too make low lvl weps. Well guys , i got a master wc, who will be gm this week , and a gm alch also , so just pm for weps and procs :) Deech=alch toots=wc

As for alb , whenever i go there with my low lvl alt , i get pm all the time to join guilds and grps , which just seems strange after bein in mid for so long :)

On a side not , dont get pm for grps that often in mid unless its for an emain grp who want my fast feet , but my crafter gets asked for a lot of grps when craftin( shes a sav btw )

B

Bure Ygg

Yes I have to agree with the other Mids who are saying midgard have got a more hostail attitude.

I have been playing midgard seen beta and i feel like it have change a lot the last 6 monthe. People have got more and more egoistic and it seems like it is dangerous to help people with out winning any thing on it self :(
I hope we get more new blood in to midgard with nice attitude ..... can always hope the bad people of midgard quites then ToA gets here :) .... IMO it's better to have small nice population... then a larg one with bad attitude :(

P

Plomien

Originally posted by Aloca

i have to disagree completely with this comment ok you can get some people who aren't really rvr ready and we all make mistakes but how do others learn unless you help them?

i am sure when you first walked through DL or ported to odins or hadrians you died plenty.

help those learn how to do rvr so next time you grp you know they are rdy.

as regards exping unfortuanley this has been the case but this will be nerfed soon anyway.

K

kirennia

I've thought to a degree about this too and can only come up witha few solutions to it all.

A LOT of the kids from alb/hib have gone to midgard and those are the ones who just want to be the uber 1337 savage and pwrlvl their way up the ranks quickly as possible, disregarding all people on their way. This may explain the hostility and lack of groups over in Mid.

We all know newer players tend to role albion more so because of the prospect of knight in shining armour etc, thats why we still have lower lvl grps a plenty :p The downside is of course that we lack in RvR terms.

Hibernians just lack people full stop, thats why they struggle. They are very competitive in RvR and do well in PvE but just don't have the numbers for it.

Note that this isn't meant as a flame, jsut a description and by no means do I think that all of midgard are 12 years old :p

G

Grandpeck

I been Mid since release and have only had a few examples of players being assholes.I think u have just been unlucky with some of the ppl u have met.

But i agree with others that mid has become much more of a hostile enviroment lately for xp / rvr,its not tottally dissappeared but as i see it rvr lacks any sort of leadership,and pve is sucky due to bb's and ppl being powerleved by higher lev chars etc.

There is a lot of good players out there (i promise) but somedays u just cant get lucky with groups now in mid.

If u lev 35 warrior try varul werewolf cave i currently xp around there with my zerk and my hunter from time to time and ive had the fortune to group with some good players lately (something that doesnt happen very often any more).What pisses me off is ppl with access to a bb being downright selfish not even taking 1 second to heal a player with 10% health sat 2 foot away from them or help out with a damage add etc.

A little heal or a buff here and there even if it is just a damage add or a frigs can help a lot but noooo some ppl i guess are just downright greedy/selfish,more concerned with xp than a realm "friend".

O

old.Filip

I have been lvling an alt for the first time in a zillion years..

a theug on alb excalibur..

i have been surpriced by the nnumber of nice ppl i have meet....

most sorc who pass me give me a crack... clerics give me a buff etc ... this ofcause force me to hand out dam add's and haste's every chance i get...

tbh this was unexpectet for me....

A

Archeon

I know what you mean about assholes, take those people from Tiwaz Emissaries for example. Especially that 'Kindar' fellow! I mean really, whats up with him?

The other day this guy assed me for a res as well, and when i told him to foa[hurt-himself] he made up this crap about me standing ontop of him and dancing with him!!! I mean what the hell!?!!

Midgard is soooo unfriendly, not me and my guild though. We all kick ass. Yup - we only formed 5hr's ago but we've got a cool name <WHEERDEHRVERGUILDTOWTFPWNJOOALLZOR>. I still don't know the name of half the people but still, rock on us!! So if anyone see's our guild emblem (pink and purple with a flying unicorn) make sure to save yourself the trouble and just scrip down naked, half the time we'l be taking you from behind anyway ;)

F

Faeldawn

There is also a small population of players who migrate almost every patch.

However, the general description of Hibernia is spot-on, a lot of nice players, but also a reasonable amount who are self-centered.

R

Repent Reloaded

Originally posted by jakobi
tbh I must agree with the mid thing. only lvl'ed my first char in regular grps.

But there is little away around the living hell they call malmo, so still had to endure that.

Midgard chars have gone too l33t for their own good :)

Users who are viewing this thread