A random thought... (totally pointless)

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Why why why does people use the word "shammy" for shaman? It is extremly ugly, and sounds like something from a childs play. It isnt even any shortning or savings of letters.. Just plain stupid to use.. After all shaman is the correct word to use, people dont say Warry, Skaldy (even more stupid) or Thany..

I have no problem at all using shortend words like BD, SM and most of the others since they save time to use them and everybody knows them anyway.. DAoC is really full of them both DAoC specific and common ones from other games.

.. but shammy.. So strange.. Nothing gained..

That was my five cents.. Yes,. I am boored at work.. Sue me...

napoleon

Fledgling Freddie
Because a n00b is someone who thinks he is a l33t-playah and calles everyone else a n00b. A newbie is just new to the game =P

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
Shammy...

noun: a soft suede leather formerly from the sheep of the chamois antelope but now from sheepskin

:wub:

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks all for making my day and posting in my pointless thread..

And btw. alb classes doesnt count, they are way to overpowered anyway..

Nerf albs..

HitManDan

Fledgling Freddie
Wonna buy a used llama?

At a guess I would says it’s due to the fact that shammy is one syllable whereas shaman is 2

+ ya know it just rolls off the tongue easier :D

*Disclaimer* due to the Penny (#1 student bar in canterbury) i may have forgotten what syllable's are so :p

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm.. I might be stupid, but Shammy is two syllables as well? Sham-my? (alt. Shamm-y)

And I can admit that shammy rolls of the tounge easier, but since when did we care about that? Not that people are using Text-to-voice programs..

Chronictank

FH is my second home
JackHeart said:
Hmm.. I might be stupid, but Shammy is two syllables as well? Sham-my? (alt. Shamm-y)

And I can admit that shammy rolls of the tounge easier, but since when did we care about that? Not that people are using Text-to-voice programs..
most of us use voice coms tho :)

HitManDan

Fledgling Freddie
oopsie

haha yeh it is 2 syllables lol, told you to blame £1 a drink student bars! :twak:

but as you say it so fast it sounds like 1 :p

+ yeh most established people i know use voice comms, nowt against typing but voice comms is 10000x easyers + can be more fun (sing songs etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom