A question to albions....

S

Sisifos

I'm starting with something you will probably all have seen plenty of times by now...

1 Celtic Fist /Hibernia/315,666,514-RPS/21-Guilds/1756- Chars/917-Members
2 Aesir's Blade/Midgard/181,838,218-RPS/19-Guilds/2111-Chars/1060-Members

Well guys I am wondering for some time now, why the whole albion isn't ONE BIG alliance?

I don't think Hibernia or Midgard has more brains than us...

Really it would help us defend keeps sooner and gain for more rps for the realm doing it.
Most of ppl are rp horny anyway, so wouldn't you like it "rp-horny-ppl" if u got more rps everytime u defend ANY keep?

I hear all the time go defend that keep - it doesn't matter that you are not in the alliance that have claimed the keep YOU ARE ALBION - and I DO go - hell I went yesterday to beno and HB got it - . But how come this "you are albion" thing doesn't work when we talk about alliances - since we are all albions let's make one big happy alliance ang give it a rest once and for all.

Or are the "big" albion guilds so selfish (or hate the rest of albion) that they won't like such an option... Hell they would profit from that alliance too - you would gain more rps...

I know that there would have to be some rules (for alliance chat etc) but I think we can work all things out and make it...

P.S. This subject might have been mentioned in the past (I don't know it) but even so I think it's worth mentioned again...

A

Apathy

Maybe there IS one big Albion alliance but the millions of guilds you've joined for a day or two just haven't been part of it?

Anyway. Random Albion Emain CGs suck...making an ALLIANCE of those people would just be too hilarious.

Wait. I mean frustrating and annoying.

There was an alliance a while back but guess what...it collapsed under the weight of the egos involved.

a.

T

Trinilim

Personally, I want small alliances, that way I can talk in alliance "CHAT" to another 1 or 2 guilds freely (like they were part of my guild). I wouldn't be able to do that <ever> in the big alliance "chat" across albion. It's a good idea, but I doubt some guilds wanna be in a Albion-wide alliance.

T

Talifer

Originally posted by Sisifos
I'm starting with something you will probably all have seen plenty of times by now...

P.S. This subject might have been mentioned in the past (I don't know it) but even so I think it's worth mentioned again...

Have you never heard of Albion United?

Talifer

S

Sisifos

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion :

Maybe there IS one big Albion alliance but the millions of guilds you've joined for a day or two just haven't been part of it?

I ve been only in two guilds (after about 30 lvl im in the same guild) and currently the guild I m in is in the most populated atm alliance in Albion/excal (fellowship).

Originally posted by Trinilim :

Personally, I want small alliances, that way I can talk in alliance "CHAT" to another 1 or 2 guilds freely

If u want "CHAT" try IRC or make a CG or join a small guild. Alliance chat is for cooperation (keep attack/defence rvr news etc) not get to know ppl if u haven't realized it yet.

Originally posted by Talifer :

Have you never heard of Albion United?

No :p Please tell me about it.

Btw check out how the keeps are claimed atm. I think they belong at 5 or 6 different alliances while in hibernia and midgard at 1 or 2 different. You always complain about albions not organizing etc etc but you never try to organize things up - HB - GoL - FC are u there? Hello? What's up? are u dead or smthing? You are the main forces of albions you should lead this imo.

After all we are playing a game - we wanna have some fun right? We ain't gonna have fun I think if we always get owned by our opponent that is being smarter than us.

I think we are just hiding behind the "overpowered hibs and mids", "nerf em", etc when we are not making an effort ourselves to make our realm more competitive.

A

Apathy

FC claims keeps and has taken a few as a guild in Odin's. We also helped take back Renaris a few nights ago.

a.

C

Cowled

ppl don't want to give up their 1337-ness... they "own" an alliance, and don't want guilds with lvl 40ish members in.. o_O

Y

yog-hurt

ye back in the old days we had one uber alliance started with all uber 'old' guilds, some still around..

but was the likes of Exiled, GOL, HB and many others...

since then the game has chnaged and so have peoples attitudes,

now and never again imo will thereever be a large one again.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by yog-hurt
ye back in the old days we had one uber alliance started with all uber 'old' guilds, some still around..

but was the likes of Exiled, GOL, HB and many others...

since then the game has chnaged and so have peoples attitudes,

now and never again imo will thereever be a large one again.

Smartest thing Yog ever said..

but don't forget RoyalB

T

Talifer

No :p Please tell me about it.

Albion United was such an alliance, set about to provide Albion with a single channel to defend our relics. It contained 20 (?) guilds which was (still is?) the maximum allowed in one alliance, I believe The Fellowship was actually set up because no more guilds could be invited into Albion United. It provided a very effective call to arms when our relics were under attack, but people couldn't agree what should be broadcast on it, whether it should be used for offense as well as defense, personalities clashed and many turned the channel off due to the spam. Most of the guilds disbanded and went on to form alliances with guilds they could agree terms with and I would imagine most of the original members probably wont want to be part of another uber alliance :)

We now have a smaller alliance which is on much friendlier terms, we were the ones who took DC last night, then retook Eras to open up Darkness falls to all our realmies :)

I personally feel smaller alliances who work together can acheive better results than one huge alliance.

Talifer

A

Aule Valar

it is strange though that in the days of AU (albion united) that alb was the strongest realm in rvr, but now the hibs and mids both have a single huge alliance with most of the guilds that can rvr as a guild alb seems to do less well, yes its not purely about that but i think it helped
tactically 2 huge alliances with the top 40 guilds in would be by far the way to go, however peoples uber 1337 egos, and an inability to avoid spamming (some people are just idiots) means that it would never stay together, and would collapse like au did

K

Kagato.

What we need is better and more open communication between the existing alliances rather then disturbing the alliances that already work well together as they are.

R

rure

Well guys I am wondering for some time now, why the whole albion isn't ONE BIG alliance?

jeebus.. that would be nice spam in the alliance chat :)

L

lac_desariel

Sadly if you read back a way, I asked for albion to have a leader, ive sugested some form off comunitcation and i think it was Draven even put my name forward as a Contact focal point for Albion with names and places to find who we need to do such a thing, I can only talk for the guild im in but if keeps are falling or some sort of threat that is needing attention arises we in our guild are ordered by our GL to suicide / stop crafting / log mains and go defend and im sure its the same in other guilds. In theory it would be great to have one united Albion all working to the same goal but unfortunately some want a quiet life some want to farm and some want to run there own guilds not governed by another mans rules (not ment in a sexist way but figure of speach). You have mentioned some off the guild out there like FC HB GOL BF LOD to name a few there are many more and if help is needed pm the people and try get em that way... but 1 great /as channel wont work. some use it for chat and other pure for rvr emergancys.

All in all im with you on the idea but also agree with YOG its not likely to happen. just know your identitys for the tasks you want. i.e. you want to sort a relic pm those you know can do it. keep retakes ask the guild that will come.

G

gunner440

there's a reason for the /who command and the /send u know

no need to make an alliance just for the sake of keeping realm 'safe'.

K

knockout

albion united was a great alliance until the spam in AS started. ppl couldnt say anything without being callled spammers and the agrro started from then on. The critical point was some stupid banana jokes going on and on and on. After a while that got too much for me and i took the brethren out of AU.

Big alliances like they have in hib/pry work or worked, havent been on in a while, cause they actually were allowed to ask for help on anything and even make xp parties, as long as the chat was done in a sensible way.

C

Chenuba

AU was a great alliance and did some great stuff too, relicraids fx.
Not many of those these days. :( :( :(

It's a little sad to say this, but IMO one of the problems regarding Albion working together is the totally insane amount of guilds. We got ATM 226 guilds registered in Albion, got maybe 1000 different people playing in Albion. That's less than 2 people per guild in average. Less but bigger guilds make alliances stronger, while a lot of small guilds makes it a communication hell.

T

Trinilim

I think the only thing a Realm-wide alliance would do best is alert for Relic Raids.

However, when was the last time that a relic raid happened and the news didn't spread like wildfire (no, not THE wildfire :p)?

Too much trouble really

K

kirennia

limit it to GM's only being able to speak but everyonelse 45+ be able to read as a rank.....would cut down spam and GM's could communicate for the guildies if they see it fit...limit it to slightly larger raids (i.e.an off exp raid at inquisitors), large raids also obviously and RvR knowledge. Simple

However, that doesn't mean all guilds will want to join it. Some want a quieter life with a friendly alliance rather then a communications only alliance

T

Treniel-

prefer the FC HB Strife alliance because its all RvR guilds of laid back peeps...you can have conversations about practically anything over /asend without having 2000 spams saying "STOP SPAMMING"............ :rolleyes:

oh and seeing as 90% of albs suck theres 10,000 albs that would mean the alliance would be about 1000 large which is about right..ish but it would never work.

K

Karnage

Originally posted by Chenuba
We got ATM 226 guilds registered in Albion, got maybe 1000 different people playing in Albion. That's less than 2 people per guild in average.

Sorry, couldn't resist.... but... someone can't do maths...

1000 / 226 is actually bigger than 4, not about 2 :)

anyway, now thats out of the way....

The idea of one BIG alliance would work, IF and only IF you can cut out the spam.

The reason ASq left its old alliance, was because of the spam. Our current one still has spam, but the spam only lasts a very limited amount of time before people get bored.

There are only 2 possible ways of keeping the /as chat line as the alliance wants.

This could be as an open chat channel, or for JUST the defense of Albion. And as offense is a form of defense, then it could be used as an emain CG, so long as you left /as for PURE info, and not spam, and have a CG running so that if people want, they can spam the hell out of that :)

This would require all guilds joining to unanimously(sp?) agree to these terms on /as.

Also limiting the people that can actually TALK on /as works well.

Making it so that only the top guild ranks can talk, but everyone in the guild can hear /as would cut out a lot of the spam.

And if people complain about wanting to use /as for finding EXP groups, then tell them to use the LFG system already in place in the game... there is a reason Mythic put it there ;-)

thats my 2 cents...

Any feedback welcome, will try and remember to check this post :)

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by ASq.Karnage

Sorry, couldn't resist.... but... someone can't do maths...

1000 / 226 is actually bigger than 4, not about 2 :)

anyway, now thats out of the way....

Whoops, my fault sorry, but it's still ridiculous numbers, a little more than 4 in average per. guild. That's not even a FG per guild :p

O

old.LandShark

Which particular relics did we lose recently that a big alliance would have saved? Oh right.
/agree with Yog, for once ^^

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Talifer

Albion United was such an alliance, set about to provide Albion with a single channel to defend our relics. It contained 20 (?) guilds which was (still is?) the maximum allowed in one alliance, I believe The Fellowship was actually set up because no more guilds could be invited into Albion United. It provided a very effective call to arms when our relics were under attack, but people couldn't agree what should be broadcast on it, whether it should be used for offense as well as defense, personalities clashed and many turned the channel off due to the spam. Most of the guilds disbanded and went on to form alliances with guilds they could agree terms with and I would imagine most of the original members probably wont want to be part of another uber alliance :)

Fellowship was set up not just because AU was at its max. guilds. There were many reasons. With a search on 'Another BIG alliance' you can find the posting i made which started Fellowship.

The reason Fellowship isnt listed on Duskwave is because the character that controls the alliance is on my account and i havent logged him in for 2 weeks. Will log him in tonight and Fellowship will be listed again.

Now we are 16 guilds with room for a few more guilds (preferably the more established guilds, since we only have 4 more spots).

Fellowship has it's small issues as any alliance, but it's a healthy alliance with very good people in it.

Big alliance events will be held soon. Haven't had a lot of them due to patches/extreme lag. When excal gets it's 2.4GHz bi-xeon GOA keeps talking about it will change.

If any guilds want to apply to join Fellowship, they can always contact me.

U

Ulme

Posting on enemy side :)

But apperently you don't got a single number right so let me help you :)

Albion/Excalibur

Players: 3991
Chars: 10573
Guilds: 224

Chars/Player: 2.6
Players/Guild: 17.8
Chars/Guild: 47.2
-----------------------------------
Hibernia/Excalibur

Players: 2533
Chars: 6736
Guiilds: 161

Chars/Player: 2.7
Players/Guild: 15.7
Chars/Guild: 41.8
----------------------------------
Midgard/Excalibur

Players: 3029
Chars: 7285
Guilds: 199

Chars/Player: 2.4
Players/Guild: 15.2
Chars/Guild: 36.6
----------------------------------

though I'm not certain if players & chars are only thoose who are in guilds.

Users who are viewing this thread