A question on fixed block and parry rates and a respec:

M

Murcalumis

Well, I know they're supposed to be fixed later on, but in the US did the classes effected by it (I suppose anyone who can train shield or parry! :eek:) get another respec?

I really do see this a major change for the classes that are effected. I mean, I presume quite a few people respecced from shield to polearm this patch what with the block rates still a bit screwed. But when shield gets fixed, should they get the option to have a respec back to shield as it wasn't really anywhere near as good as polearm up until that point?

Hmm... anyone know?

M

Murcalumis

Pah. Spose we can expect the same here, then?

B

Bedroc the Hero

Good thing ( at least on excal/hib ) we got an extra full recpec. that you can use to put a bit more in shield.

i would recomend to put 42 in shield ( then perhaps 44 in 2h weap, 45 in parry, 10 in 1h for taunt ) but at least do 42 in shield. that agives you slam, with items and RR youll easy get to 50. if you want more defence ( really helps ) you do master of parry, and master of block realm ability. they help a LOT. and dont cost to much.

well thats what i did and im happy :)

G

Gimly

Originally posted by Bedroc the Hero
Good thing ( at least on excal/hib ) we got an extra full recpec. that you can use to put a bit more in shield.

i would recomend to put 42 in shield ( then perhaps 44 in 2h weap, 45 in parry, 10 in 1h for taunt ) but at least do 42 in shield. that agives you slam, with items and RR youll easy get to 50. if you want more defence ( really helps ) you do master of parry, and master of block realm ability. they help a LOT. and dont cost to much.

well thats what i did and im happy :)

10 in 1h??? that will make your max damage with the 2h suck.. would advise you to have 1h at least half of your 2h skill.

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by Gimly

10 in 1h??? that will make your max damage with the 2h suck.. would advise you to have 1h at least half of your 2h skill.

Bedroc is a hero. Heros can spec LW or CS, and they don't need to spec base dmg type like Alb 2h/pole users. The 10 in 1h is for taunt so when PvEing he can tank with shield + 1h, and just taunt to hold aggro.....I think.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.chesnor
Bedroc is a hero. Heros can spec LW or CS, and they don't need to spec base dmg type like Alb 2h/pole users. The 10 in 1h is for taunt so when PvEing he can tank with shield + 1h, and just taunt to hold aggro.....I think.
Yes, that's exactly right. It's not like tanks do the damage in PvE anyway (especially not in pbae-frenzy hib). :p

Also 1h in albion controls min damage not max damage, the 2 handed spec controls max damage.

B

Bedroc the Hero

Aye you are right. for blade i only need 6 lvls to get taunt. this means i can hold aggro very well ( at least for a hero. ill never reach BM standards :p ) in PvE. The high shield/parry makes me take the pain from doing so.

I wont hurt the mob very much ( or at all ) with my puny blade skill but Ill keep em angry at me. And to be fair, thats all that anyone asks me to do.

If i want to punch him a lil ill pull out my spear and slice him. that damage wont get hurt by the low 1h skill. ( didnt know that was the case in alb! interesting! ). In Hib the max damage is capped by your lvl ( and nothing else ) and your skill with the weapon raise your min damage.

L

liste

apparently, albion got plate mail, hib got the spec advantage, and mid got the 'advantage' of 2h and 1h being based on the same spec.

Hurts a bit for Mercs/infils though :p

K

Kagato.

Yeah like platemail makes up for the other realms having twice as many hit points as albion tanks, even more with the moose/hamster modes and speccing crush vs our plate anyway :rolleyes:

N

Novamir

Originally posted by Kagato.
Yeah like platemail makes up for the other realms having twice as many hit points as albion tanks, even more with the moose/hamster modes and speccing crush vs our plate anyway :rolleyes:

firstly, armsman and warrior hp are equal(unless dw4rf). hero hp slightly lower (lower base con - 60 on firb and celt).

armsman got 5% more absorb ALWAYS. hero got 50% insta heal (and massive hit me sign) ONCE EVERY 30MINS. warrior got 2h+1h on same spec = can get parry really high too. pretty even imo.

i do believe the balance of the realms' primary tanks is ok. let me remid you kagato, over 50% of 2h heros will spec spear, which you are RESISTANT to =). 1handers do no dmg anyways.

T

Tigerius

Actually list, the speccing penalty only applies to the various Alb 2H users, those who spec CDW get no worse returns than the hib equivalents that have to spec Melee for damage and CDW for swing rate/styles. It would be a laugh to say that you had same returns as a zerker from spec but again atleast they spec based on the same principle. 2H is where the 3 realms go apart, leaving Hib clearly in favour.

Also Novamir a Hero has 5% Evade "ALWAYS", you may scoff at it, whine that you have too low Dex/Qui and that 5% means it never goes off.. but it's still just as statistically there :)

E

exc_hib_boo

The hamster mode is a penalty, not an advantage. While in hamster mode you have NO defense, no evades or parry at all. What you get for loosing defence is RANDOM crits for 1-50% of the full damage on both axes. If youre up against a zerker wait til he goes hamster on you and slam him.

N

Novamir

Tiger, can you see the difference between evade which will happen 5% of the time on non styled attacks and of course not on DDs or anyone attacking me from behind, and +5% absorb on armour ALL THE TIME - all damage? k

M

Madonion Slicer

This is why i have gone Hybrid, with 44pole 39slash 42shield and then rest parry, then with a parry and shield RA i should be ok....................i hope :rolleyes:

S

stu

lol the Warriors of Midgard *really* feel for you poor tin-cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom