A Question on DVDs

P

PR.

My mum works at a local library and with that we get the luxury of getting free rent of DVDs, problem is a lot of the scum bags scratch them so they infact have shorter life than VHS!

I thought about some kind of disc protector that was transparent and went over the underside of the disk, it allowed the laser to penetrate and read the disk, but if some idiot took it to a brick wall and scuffed it up, the librarian could simply peel off the protective layer and replace it with a clean one...

Is that possible? or is it a case that DVDs are close to Vinyl in that the head needs direct sight/contact with the indentations on the disk?

Thanks for your help

F

FatBusinessman

I don't know if anything like that is available, but I know you can get things like this which, as far as I can tell, scrape a small amount of the coating off the CD/DVD, taking the scratches off but leaving the data intact.
I don't know of anyone who's used them though, so they may or may not be any use...

T

Trem

I aer teh disc reapirerererer man!!

A lot of the small dvd rental business's are investing in disc repair machines, I mean when you pay 35 quid per rental dvd its worth it. They are around a grand If I remember correctly, the fooking polishing cloths are 5 quid each though and the other stuff(sanding papers, polish, pads) ain't cheap either.

We get it off - http://www.fucd.co.uk/

Its a bastard to begin with though, getting the correct pressure and amount of water is a fine art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom