A Question of ethics and of morals and of 2h slot.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
1,600
Right now i got ur attention :)

ok we all know aqbout that recharge timer for the charges on toa items such as staff of god etc. That they need to be equipped in ur weapon slot for the charge to actually ever work as if their in ur inventroy the charge will never start and thus never be used.

But! what if for example, a cleric was using his mace and shield and had staff of god in 2h slot (staff) would the charge still be usable without the timer resettting?
 

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
939
[NO]Subedai said:
Right now i got ur attention :)

ok we all know aqbout that recharge timer for the charges on toa items such as staff of god etc. That they need to be equipped in ur weapon slot for the charge to actually ever work as if their in ur inventroy the charge will never start and thus never be used.

But! what if for example, a cleric was using his mace and shield and had staff of god in 2h slot (staff) would the charge still be usable without the timer resettting?
Asking me the same thing, but ive read about bards who have used traitors dagger's(?) getthostealth ability to easier mezz (visibility etc) in FG.. and if there wasnt a 2nd bard in group he had to have lute slot equipped until he encountered enemies to change to 1hand slot for dagger and use ability.. so timer would work even if 1h slot wasn't 'used'
 

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
1,600
good goood :) thats just what i awnted to here :)
wuld pay 10 ra pts for the abilty that sog gives
 

Elorelen Hearthunter

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
124
..

Speaking of charges.. TOA staff has a charge that does: TRarget loses 30% of his hit points..

So with 4 ppl that staff... u can goto dragon and farm STONES :worthy: :eek2:
 

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
376
Samildanach [Pheonix Knight INFILTRATOR, Old skool and winner of infil tournement

Winner of an infil torny eh? =] how did that work exactly? u all just /random 100 or actually bothered to see who can DF each other first?

just curious :)
 

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,332
Elorelen Hearthunter said:
Speaking of charges.. TOA staff has a charge that does: TRarget loses 30% of his hit points..

So with 4 ppl that staff... u can goto dragon and farm STONES :worthy: :eek2:
doubt that would work tbh... =O ... would be reeeeeeeeally easy to kill highlvl mobs that way.
 

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
1,600
Tiki said:
Samildanach [Pheonix Knight INFILTRATOR, Old skool and winner of infil tournement

Winner of an infil torny eh? =] how did that work exactly? u all just /random 100 or actually bothered to see who can DF each other first?

just curious :)

dunno it was slightly more complex!
we had 3 rounds and u had purge and vanish to use, so was more than just df :p
but ye the df and no purge=win
 

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
46
Elorelen Hearthunter said:
Speaking of charges.. TOA staff has a charge that does: TRarget loses 30% of his hit points..

So with 4 ppl that staff... u can goto dragon and farm STONES :worthy: :eek2:
ever thought that the first charge would only take away 30% of the mob's full HP.. the next one would take away 30% of the remaining 70%, and the next charge would only take 30% of the remaining 49%HPs of something.. then the target would have 1HP left after even 10000 charges casted on him. would have been nice if it worked tho :)
 

Belomar

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
5,107
Tiki said:
Samildanach [Pheonix Knight INFILTRATOR, Old skool and winner of infil tournement

Winner of an infil torny eh? =] how did that work exactly? u all just /random 100 or actually bothered to see who can DF each other first?

just curious :)
Samildanach is hardly "Old skool", to be honest -- levelling up in SI does not qualify. :m00:
 

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
939
Belomar said:
Samildanach is hardly "Old skool", to be honest -- levelling up in SI does not qualify. :m00:
If someone touch the word old school you know Belomar will be there and disqualify :p
 

Elorelen Hearthunter

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
124
asarithia said:
ever thought that the first charge would only take away 30% of the mob's full HP.. the next one would take away 30% of the remaining 70%, and the next charge would only take 30% of the remaining 49%HPs of something.. then the target would have 1HP left after even 10000 charges casted on him. would have been nice if it worked tho :)
hihi ^^ ;)
 

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
1,217
Elorelen Hearthunter said:
Speaking of charges.. TOA staff has a charge that does: TRarget loses 30% of his hit points..

So with 4 ppl that staff... u can goto dragon and farm STONES :worthy: :eek2:
bahahahah!!! :clap: ;)
 

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
1,600
ok guys i can confirm that staff of god charge does work in 2h slot while not been used, jsut got it last night and it works :)
thx :)
 

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
1,600
old skool by my standards :p


he wasnt my 1st char but 1st was i got to 50
 

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
192
I tested the 30% dmg charge on the ml1.10 final mob last night and it resisted. Could have been worse, could have said mob is immune, or charge can't be used on this mob etc.

I am gonna assume its 30% of the remaining life and not total life, anyone know this for sure?

Str/con debuff then this charge is a great way to whack 500+ hits at least off any level 50 rvr opponent :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom