A Question For The Jocks.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have booked a holiday to barbarianville(by Loch Long), it is from the 17th of June to the 24th. After booking I had a horrible thought....the world cup is on that week. So before I cancel the holiday can any of you tell me or remember if the jealous jocks show the almighty England on telly up there?

Cast your minds back to the last world cup, did they actually show any matches including the superior part of thses isles?

Cheers.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
on the way up here - stop by my house Trem so I can give you a right royal battering (not going to waste my money travelling up to loch long to do that)

Yes - the football is shown on the telly up here (even Englands game - just dont expect too many other England supporters.

However - there shouldnt be much trouble up loch long way - should just be some good natured banter (then someone with a kilt will stab you up the bum)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
One hint trem. IF England score, no turning to a local and screaming "HAH, you cave-dwelling, yak-fondling heathen jock fuck! Where the fuck is your team?!", then proceeding to do a mock scottish dance whilst shouting hoots and jings and crivens.

Hundreds off rough burly scotswomen would jump all over you, gang-rape you with wild Haggis todgers and give you the bad aids.

All of the above may or may not be a lie.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
If anyone remembers that England vs France game in the European cup the year before last, well I watched that with 5 English mates. We were shouting and cheering all the way through, until bloody extra time when the French stole the game with a late goal if you recall.
The thing is, we watched it in a bar in Spain, filled with French supporters ans Spaniards who were also cheering for the frogs.
I was sitting at the bar, and as the final whistle blew I looked down at the bar in a kind of black annoyance. A few seconds later I looked up, and looked around me. The bar was empty , only me and me mates left, all the French supporters had buggered off, fearing no doubt some terrible reprisals :)
Of course, we wasnt about to go bad and smash the bar up anyway, but the others obviously thought we were.
Moral of the story? Dont worry about it trem shout as loud as you like, theres one of you which is worth 10 of any other supporters ! :)

/hides from inevitable Scottish backlash :)

Trem

Thats good then, I am quite sure Samm wouldn't understand if I did cancel.

You aren't no match for me Laz, I'm uber tough and I have silky skills that have been learnt by evolving, I will just point at the moon and it will confuse you then I will kick you in the skirt.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Trem said:

You could relocate your holiday to Cardiff :)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Trem said:

You aren't no match for me Laz, I'm uber tough and I have silky skills that have been learnt by evolving, I will just point at the moon and it will confuse you then I will kick you in the skirt.

Don't think; feeeeeeel. It's like a finger pointing away to the moon.

*smack*

Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all the heavenly glory

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Best experience I had was watching Euro 2004 in Scotland - the atmosphere in the pub I was in during England Portugal was immense. Of course most of the pub was supporting Portugal, apart from a small corner of English people, who of course wished they were somewhere else. Especially when the "You're not gonna win this one either" chants started up.....a couple of them tried to remin us that we hadn't been there in the first place, we just reminded them that we didn't care and they should remeber who's country they were in. They soon shut up.....

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Ah youll be welcome enough, and all the England games (all games that would be on TV in England) will be shown.

The locals will love having a token Englishman to humiliate when you lose horribly early on :fluffle:

Trem

Draylor said:
The locals will love having a token Englishman to humiliate when you lose horribly early on :fluffle:

You are probably spot on with that!

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom