A question for all ya albs out there...

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Just a query to the albs out there...

Not to long ago there was a post here asking why albs and mids dont go for keeps/relics in hib the instant they see burning in hiblandia. And an alb posted a suggestion that we atleast aim to bring the action to hiblandia instead since theres where the relics are.

Well this all sounds sound to me...(same thing happened when albs were reigning the server in pre 1.71 hiblets and middies tried to keep to albland to split up the forces by silent concensus)

My question is...yesterday albies secured crim and then moved to hit their relic. So me and a couple of other middies figured we'd try to establish a foothold of our own in hibland at dun da behn. We took tower 2, and left t3 alone for the time beeing since it was unclaimed and easy pickings later on if we got the keep. And we managed to get the keep with alot of hard work...(and a couple of wipes by hibbies high rr groups, good going hibbies:). But as we check the map we see something that just went below and beyond any kind of logic or even halfway intelligent thought...An albguild attacks behn t3 and takes it. Oh we figured they just beeing bored and are PVE:ing in hibland...no worries...but at a closer check the subspecies of albs have claimed the tower and set it to highlvl.

I just wanna know if there was any rational thought behind this or just a temporary laps of judgment from some demented albgroup ? Why would albs wanna stop mids from beeing able to port hibland so that there are 2 forces hitting different targets splitting up the defence and maybe bringing one or even both relics back to their origine realm ? IF there had atleast been some rps to earn at the tower it would almost have made some sence but just for the PVE ?

Should mids also start hitting albtowers/keeps in hibland and leaving them at low lvl so that hibs can retake them, just for the PVE ?

/Charmangle

ps: I know there has been half a mid group getting 1 or 2 towers in albland when there seems to be a relic raid on etc but thats a while back and you have gotten your revenge by hitting blend etc while we are working in hibland. (also me for one are trying to discurage people from doing such stupid things I hope there are people doing the same in albland too) ds.

A

Aoln

Probably some dumb fuck guild group who thinks they're good but wipe whenever they meet someone on even terms.

key word: dumb

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Think that would be Streaf and hes random friends :worthy:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
A fg or two of albs was lost on that night when 4 of us tried to take renaris - dunno why albs came to us though - surely the prospects of a relic is more important?

Nerf scouts btw.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
One would think so yea!:)

Bugz said:
A fg or two of albs was lost on that night when 4 of us tried to take renaris - dunno why albs came to us though - surely the prospects of a relic is more important?

Nerf scouts btw.

One would think so yea!:)
Well hopefully this kind of stupidness will be avoided in the future as much as possible!:)

Hiiiibbbiiies giiiiif back Mids and Albs relics...or we gonna haunt ya nightmares!:)

/Charmangle

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:
Just a query to the albs out there...

Not to long ago there was a post here asking why albs and mids dont go for keeps/relics in hib the instant they see burning in hiblandia. And an alb posted a suggestion that we atleast aim to bring the action to hiblandia instead since theres where the relics are.

Well this all sounds sound to me...(same thing happened when albs were reigning the server in pre 1.71 hiblets and middies tried to keep to albland to split up the forces by silent concensus)

My question is...yesterday albies secured crim and then moved to hit their relic. So me and a couple of other middies figured we'd try to establish a foothold of our own in hibland at dun da behn. We took tower 2, and left t3 alone for the time beeing since it was unclaimed and easy pickings later on if we got the keep. And we managed to get the keep with alot of hard work...(and a couple of wipes by hibbies high rr groups, good going hibbies:). But as we check the map we see something that just went below and beyond any kind of logic or even halfway intelligent thought...An albguild attacks behn t3 and takes it. Oh we figured they just beeing bored and are PVE:ing in hibland...no worries...but at a closer check the subspecies of albs have claimed the tower and set it to highlvl.

I just wanna know if there was any rational thought behind this or just a temporary laps of judgment from some demented albgroup ? Why would albs wanna stop mids from beeing able to port hibland so that there are 2 forces hitting different targets splitting up the defence and maybe bringing one or even both relics back to their origine realm ? IF there had atleast been some rps to earn at the tower it would almost have made some sence but just for the PVE ?

Should mids also start hitting albtowers/keeps in hibland and leaving them at low lvl so that hibs can retake them, just for the PVE ?

/Charmangle

ps: I know there has been half a mid group getting 1 or 2 towers in albland when there seems to be a relic raid on etc but thats a while back and you have gotten your revenge by hitting blend etc while we are working in hibland. (also me for one are trying to discurage people from doing such stupid things I hope there are people doing the same in albland too) ds.

Jesus...

It was a small group of people who play late a night. I was in that group. There was not much action around at this time, so we went to that keep, got wiped by lots of cool black wearing Mids who drove a ram from the keep to somewhere and then we decided to play a little and we took that tower and upgraded it. Then we went to the keep and killed some lame ass afk Warlock trebbing the other tower and some other peeps, after a while we got killed by stun-nuke-nuke-pro-gamers and logged.

That's all about it. Calling others stupid for simply playing the game where the action is? I don't know...

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...might have been abit harsh...

Manisch Depressiv said:
Jesus...

It was a small group of people who play late a night. I was in that group. There was not much action around at this time, so we went to that keep, got wiped by lots of cool black wearing Mids who drove a ram from the keep to somewhere and then we decided to play a little and we took that tower and upgraded it. Then we went to the keep and killed some lame ass afk Warlock trebbing the other tower and some other peeps, after a while we got killed by stun-nuke-nuke-pro-gamers and logged.

That's all about it. Calling others stupid for simply playing the game where the action is? I don't know...

Hmm...well might have been abit harsh...but mainly to get a reaction out of you!:) (btw thanks for the cool black reference and I was the one driving the ram (bah note to stupid self: Next time bring more rams:).

But the question still remains, why would you wanna claim the tower to a highlvl one if you never intended to use it for rps or anything else ? (Just a basic thought that it might have been more useful if you were bored to take the tower and then just leave it at lvl 1 ? Or even go for a tower that was of use for you later on or one that actually had some rps hiding around it?:)

/Charmangle

ps: Anyway and I do appologize for calling you stupid!:) (Can only excuse it with frustration over seeing you take/claim a tower that seemed to help noone but hibs and do nothing for you. Especially since im working hard on convincing mids not to do that kind of things to you!) ds.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Well, this is just the same as the last decent RR mids pulled... they were fighting hibs to get relic, and loosing by the looks, and yet there was a fg of mids that kept wiping the tiny alb force out there. We kept away from the mids, and we WANTED mids to take the relic (better mids than hibs, they need a boost). Why would a fg of mids attack the albs (we were camping ailinne t3 while mid zerge was at ailinne main keep), when the mid zerge is loosing their own battle and could need this help? I also noticed this group had a few pbaoe sm's in it.... they had ST... bombers... i thought like, wtf, they could of been really usefull in the zerge in the tight keep areas.. but soem times people are just, as Aoln so nicely put it, dumb. And no, i wasn't with any grp attacking mids in hibland, and i would strongly suggest to any alb never to do such a thing, hibs need to be put pressure on to get relics back to their belongers :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
There's always some group around that don't care for the realm and only go for their RPs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom